IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I think the starting XI Swansea City put out yesterday, even Bonnie Tyler and Rhys Ifans wouldn't have recognized it. What I mean is, OK our excellent neighbors may have got a comprehensive victory, but the Welsh simply weren't focused and put out a starting eleven that seemed focused on elsewhere - be it the League Cup Final

Liverpool are a poor fucking side - end of story - they won't win anything this season - while we still just might - and even if they did get a big win yesterday, I still don't think it'll make much difference by end of season.

23 Years without a league title - another manager that did well previous but embarrassed themselves - no feasible chance of a trophy again - just a general average side that will never scale the heights of past years. Fuck them in all honesty

Woah, it turns out that Manuel Neuer doesn't need to watch the game anymore. With his side (Bayern) 4-0 up against his hold club (Schalke) he decided to turn his back on the game and play head-tennis with sub Thomas Muller.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/in-gifs-the-crazy-moment-when-manuel-neuer-played-headers-with-sub-thomas-muller-during-bayern-v-schalke/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2276967/Bayern-Munich-goalkeeper-Manuel-Neuer-turns-play.html

It's reported that he's the second choice to take the role of Huddersfield Town (as their first choice is Nigel Adkins). I think he will end up somewhere, its been made public that he's fallen out with the new owners so it does not surprise me. I think he will just get better and better if I'm honest, he was outstanding during his time at Swindon - I'll always remember him for this.

Yes you're being too harsh, but I'm feeling quite phlegmatic right now.

Most other times, I would be in agreement, and suggest Di Canio should have taken a sledgehammer to the kid, but I don't know what Swindon Town are up to and don't really care. Di Canio being there was strange enough to begin with, a bit like when Gianluigi Vialli managed Watford, and now Zola, and he'll invariably move on elsewhere now. If I was a betting man anymore I'd put a large amount on being West Ham manager sooner or later, as Allardyce is doing poorly now, and Di Canio is a club legend, although that said, I hope he (Allardyce) stays there for as long as possible.

Is this a little bit shit-house? At first glance in this footage, Ronaldinho appears to be bizarrely unmarked as he sets up a goal for Atlético Mineiro in their 2-1 win over São Paulo in the Copa Libertadores. It turns out that as a Mineiro player prepares to launch a long throw-in, Ronaldinho approaches São Paulo goalkeeper Rogério Ceni asking to use his water bottle. Ronaldinho has a drink and washes his hands but is ignored by the São Paulo defence. The throw is launched and Ronaldinho, who claims the goal was not planned, crosses for former Manchester City (and Everton) player Jô to score

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2013/feb/18/ronaldinho-water-bottle-assist-video

and

Two dogs, one brandishing a plastic bag, launch a pitch invasion during a friendly match between Galatasaray and the German team Ahlen. The canines bound happily around the pitch, enjoying the attention of some of the players, before being carried off by match officials

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2013/jan/16/dogs-invade-pitch-galatasaray-video

Is this a little bit shit-house? At first glance in this footage, Ronaldinho appears to be bizarrely unmarked as he sets up a goal for Atlético Mineiro in their 2-1 win over São Paulo in the Copa Libertadores. It turns out that as a Mineiro player prepares to launch a long throw-in, Ronaldinho approaches São Paulo goalkeeper Rogério Ceni asking to use his water bottle. Ronaldinho has a drink and washes his hands but is ignored by the São Paulo defence. The throw is launched and Ronaldinho, who claims the goal was not planned, crosses for former Manchester City (and Everton) player Jô to score

http://www.guardian....le-assist-video

Harsh, but the defenders should be more aware.

I don't know what Porto are doing but I hope there is no repeat of before. I discovered that Munich had a 3 - 1 win in North London tonight and I was pleased enough with that, they're good enough to be one of the favorites for the title. Arsenal surely now seem destined for another year since 2004/05 without anything won, which as before, is quite a surprise, but not complaining.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wenger step down as manager in the near future (and maybe as with Moyes) realize he has done all he is able and can't take them on to greater things etc. But eight years now and nothing further won, after the unbeaten season and frequent titles and cup successes. It is a bit of a mystery but that's their problem to address.

AC Milan are my favorite European team and I got news of their 2 - 0 win with Barcelona tonight. I was pleased enough.

But back in 2003/04 they beat another Spanish team 4 - 1 at home in the later rounds before a 0 - 4 defeat in the return (think it may have been Deportivo) so anything can occur, but quietly confident.

The 1994 European Cup Final when Milan beat Barcelona 4 - 0 was an outstanding game of soccer. Great team effort and it was going to take something special to take away the trophy, but Ajax Amsterdam managed it the year after I remember.

Jonathon Walters, the man who earlier this season scored two own goals and missed a penalty in the same game has just cocked one up again today. Ran up to the spot as if he'd shit himself and side-footed to Schwarzer who only had to fall onto the floor to make a save.

Poor pen and now Stoke trail 1-0 with only 28 minutes to go.

Jonathon Walters, the man who earlier this season scored two own goals and missed a penalty in the same game has just cocked one up again today. Ran up to the spot as if he'd shit himself and side-footed to Schwarzer who only had to fall onto the floor to make a save.

He's a blue though so i feel slightly sorry for him :P

Only scored 3 of his last 6 now. Shouldn't have been on it in the first place.

Only scored 3 of his last 6 now. Shouldn't have been on it in the first place.

Everything about his spot kick was wrong. He didn't look confident before it was taken, made a bizarre run-up and failed to put any power into his shot. He shouldn't have been anywhere near it, I'd have given it to Jones myself (if he was on the pitch at the time).