IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Gareth Bale is beginning to look consistently world class - he's always had it in flashes but currently there's not many better on the world stage.

hes scored 6 of the last 6 goals for Spurs. Bizarre freekicks, weird technique.... Ive not understood the hype before because, like you say, hes not been consistent, but recently... World XI easily...

Special mention to Umtitis strike, utterly stunning and the best goal of the game, which is saying something...

Yes! Arsenal out. I was pleased with that, but what the fuck is going on over there now.

That's eight years now without a trophy ? Real strange now, all these years and still no success again. Wenger could be thinking about going finally.

Well done Blackburn though, take nothing away from them. Millwall got through to the last eight again of all things. Crazy day if only a handful of fixtures today, but I was pleased enough.

If we can get through today, what a chance to go a long way again with so many big names out.

And just think how many times I got angry or uttered a profanity in that time..

But in all seriousness, they haven't won anything now since 2005 but I forgot they play Munich in the European Cup soon, but that's going to be very difficult and I don't think they will be champions of europe this year, but the bottom line is, say for argument sake, that it's another year without anything won. It is quite bizarre maybe.

I can't even quite think of the clubs left in right now and who we could potentially face in the last eight.

Millwall

Barnsley

Blackburn

Chelsea or Brentford

Manchester City or Leeds

Wigan or Huddersfield

MUFC or Reading

Yes that's it and if we can get a favorable draw in the next rounds we can once again get to the semi-finals or beyond, but still the matter of that damn replay to come, but this still does represent a decent chance this season.

Middlesbrough ? Sorry to everyone on Teeside that I forgot them ?

If Everton don't win it this year, in an ideal world, I'd like to see Millwall and anyone but Chelsea, MCFC, MUFC, and Leeds contest the final, and may the best team win..

It's a damn safe bet that Chelsea will be drawn at home, as always, and MUFC also, but what can you do ? This competition still has a long way to run and it'll be difficult to keep calm, but can only take each round as it comes.

He's up against a pretty good team to be fair though Matt, I've been impressed with him personally. Looks a similar type of player to Osman, with a little more pace which is a pretty lethal combination in my book!

1st half Chelski were terrible but I know what youre getting at.

Shame about the result. if the ref had done his job and played the advantage for the Bees goal, I wonder what a difference (apart from the scoreline!) it wouldve made.

1st half Chelski were terrible but I know what youre getting at.

Shame about the result. if the ref had done his job and played the advantage for the Bees goal, I wonder what a difference (apart from the scoreline!) it wouldve made.

Yeah I agree but I thought brentford played their part in making them look so bad. Refereeing in general this year has been embarrassing tbh, Cole's dive before was a disgrace as well.

Did the plastics get through ? Well Brentford were always up against it going into this replay, but were only seven minutes away from winning the first game, before ex-shite Torres managed a late scruffy goal.

At least it appears they struggled again and made hard work of it, and simply aren't the side of last season and Benitez isn't up to much. I hope they win fucking nothing this season - and just might.

Manchester City and Leeds United is on now incidentally. Not really a fan of the Yorkshire side so if City win - then it's good enough. 2 - 0 looks promising.

Swansea are playing a second string team though because of their League Cup final next week. 8 changes if I'm not mistaken. Can't really understand why professional footballers need a 2 week rest but anyway... At least the kopites will be thinking they can win the league again after this which should provide us with some more funny moments over the coming weeks.

Swansea are playing a second string team though because of their League Cup final next week. 8 changes if I'm not mistaken. Can't really understand why professional footballers need a 2 week rest but anyway... At least the kopites will be thinking they can win the league again after this which should provide us with some more funny moments over the coming weeks.

also brings them within 3 points which isnt funny, especially considering the way we are looking recently!

Can't you get punished for that? I'm sure a few seasons ago Steve Bruce (or someone like that) was given a sanction because he made more than the allowed number of changes to his team. It's sad to see whats happened though, sitting here watching Liverpool 5-0 up wasn't my idea of a good Sunday afternoon.

Can't you get punished for that? I'm sure a few seasons ago Steve Bruce (or someone like that) was given a sanction because he made more than the allowed number of changes to his team. It's sad to see whats happened though, sitting here watching Liverpool 5-0 up wasn't my idea of a good Sunday afternoon.

you can, not just in the current game! 5-0 now and by all accounts getting humiliated. Resting players is 1 thing before a final but think this may end up destroying morale :(

Yeah I think it was Wolves at Man Utd? Maybe they'll get a fine, but I'm sure they won't care. The best punishment they could get would be losing the final, but can't see it happening. I would be really pissed off if the shite finished ahead of us on goal difference.

on current form of both clubs I highly doubt that...