IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Absolutely...really thought Liverpool would be three points behind us with a better goal difference tonight, instead we still have a five point gap (over Swansea and West Brom).

Got out of jail.

And they play next weekend when we go to Oldham, so the idea of us being behind them in the table when we start our next league match (albeit with a game in hand) was unbearable. Tonight's result must be a boost for our players, not only because it means we keep the distance to the shite, but because we should really finish 6th at worst from here.

We still have to play all the top sides away.

That's a good thing, rather they had to play us than a bottom half club at home. In contrast all our home games bar one are against the bottom half clubs.

Reading, Stoke, QPR, Fulham, and West Ham. I'd like to think max points is doable. Only worry is City, but against the higher clubs we have our best record against them. Doing a quick tally I predict around 65 points come the end of the season, which will be a few points short for 4th :(.

Of course the shite had a (surprise) defeat with WBA at Anfield yesterday, and that was good enough.

Apparently they were all over the opposition until the 81st minute and then they score twice against the run of play, but who gives a fuck about that ?

A defeat's a defeat, maybe they didn't deserve it, but fuck them - I was pleased enough with a LIverpool defeat, as always, and keeps them behind in the European places chase.

WBA could still qualify for Europe, and aren't they still involved in the FA cup ? It's been a good season for them.

No.

They went out to QPR in the 3rd Round Replay losing 1-0. I do agree with you though Dalziel, if they can qualify for Europe it would be a good achivement for them. I'd be pleased for them too (if it didn't mean they nick the place off us).

No.

They went out to QPR in the 3rd Round Replay losing 1-0. I do agree with you though Dalziel, if they can qualify for Europe it would be a good achivement for them. I'd be pleased for them too (if it didn't mean they nick the place off us).

When was the last time WBA was in Europe anyway. must have been the Cup winners Cup in 1968-69 but don't remember anything since then.

It would be great for them if they could do it again though. Would make the late Jeff Astle proud you understand.

They was up and down the leagues for years so I think you'd have to go a long way back DK. I'm watching the Celtic game as it happens and its very 50/50. Either team could win it although if Juventus do I think it would kill Celtic off, I doubt they'd be able to beat Juventus away from home (and over-come an away goal).

Valencia also trail PSG 2-0. Bye bye Valencia IMO.

Is Beckham involved in that, but not really interested to be truthful. Valencia reached the final in successive years in the early 2000s but they've got nothing like the squad from back then.

If Celtic don't get a result tonight, it could be curtains for the second game in Turin, and the Italians being very defensive, as always.

No-one thought MUFC could win in Turin in the second leg in 1999, but look what occured, so nothing is over until it's over.

I hope Milan are outright winners, but they're going to have to do it the hard way again, to get past Barcelona.

Huddersfield beat Leicester in the FA cup incidentally.

Is Beckham involved in that, but not really interested to be truthful. Valencia reached the final in successive years in the early 2000s but they've got nothing like the squad from back then.

No, he's watching from the stands. I think he joins up with the squad after this game though.

Milan won't get past Barcelona, I just don't see it. I don't see Celtic winning in Turin either should they lose 1-0 tonight, Manchester United are another calibre to Celtic and will have proved to be a tougher test. I'm not saying we should write them off (as they did beat Barcelona this year) but it's going to be so hard for them.

Edit: Celtic's job just got harder, 2-0 down now with 13 minutes to play. Marchisio with the goal.

Edit (2): Goodbye. 3-0. Vucinic scores after some terrible defending from Celtic.

Edit (3): Valencia get a goal back and the game finishes 2-1, they now have some hope but for me they're as good as gone. PSG have two away goals and looked in complete control all game. They will have to play the second leg however without Zlatan Ibrahimovic who was sent off in the 92nd minute for two stamps (on two seperate players).

Edit (4): Celtic 0 Juventus 3 FT.

Edited by Zoo

Sad for Celtic tonight as I wanted them to do it, but 3 - 0 ? That was tough and simply didn't represent what occured tonight. The Italians were simply not as good as that.

All over now you have to say and it's a pity as I wanted them to go through but what can you do.

I hope Madrid beat MUFC again, as with in 2003, and they were two great games.

I'm real pleased the plastics aren't involved again and there will be no repeat of that fucking atrocity from last year.

Leeds United also lost today and I kind of liked that.

Celtic played well considering they were up against Juventus, it's just that they fucked up time and time again in the defensive areas of the pitch and got punished for it. 3-0 is a heavy score-line too and I doubt they will score 4 in Turin to turn the fixture in their favour.

The man-handling though was getting pathetic. The officials were a complete waste of time and was unable to see the pulling in the box in every set piece. It just proves that the fifth and sixth officials they have nowadays (behind the goal) are useless.

Doesn't matter if it was Juventus or France 1984, Celtic always have a decent chance at home whatever the opposition. It was a surprise they couldn't take a lead from last night as I thought they would. I hope Madrid can win tonight and take a good lead to Manchester in the second leg. Has nothing to do with what occured sunday.

Celtic played well considering they were up against Juventus, it's just that they fucked up time and time again in the defensive areas of the pitch and got punished for it. 3-0 is a heavy score-line too and I doubt they will score 4 in Turin to turn the fixture in their favour.

The man-handling though was getting pathetic. The officials were a complete waste of time and was unable to see the pulling in the box in every set piece. It just proves that the fifth and sixth officials they have nowadays (behind the goal) are useless.

Yup, these useless feckers lack the balls to make a decision, pisses me right off!!!!shaking fist.png Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Yup, these useless feckers lack the balls to make a decision, pisses me right off! Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!

That's exactly right. They do see it so its not as if they're not good enough to spot the problems on the pitch its that they don't have the balls to go over to star players and give them a caution.

Until that's sorted the game will continue to be a farce.

Edited by Zoo

What was it, a 1 - 1 score in Madrid last night. This is on a real knife-edge now, and could well go either way, but Manchester have an important away goal, but the quality of the Spanish will be a real threat as always. I do hope they (Real Madrid) can get through this.

They've been paired together in the European Cup seven times I think, and the Spanish have won five of those, and usually go on to win the competition, so that's something I hope to see continue. (Or is it played five times, and Spanish won three ?, but all the same, I hope they can do it once more)