IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I didn't get too animated with todays action. Largely a list of insignificant nothing games with mid table sides that will have no relevance to end of season. I was quietly satisifed that Newcastle had a late win, but apart from ourselves, didn't care too much about anything else today. It's not even worth watching highlights later (if indeed it ever is), but I do want to see what happened in our game today. Even if the miserable fucks put us on last or we only feature briefly, at least there will be something to see and all goals shown today. It's the waiting around that is simply unbearable.

Newcastle seem to have signed a few good players again, decent prices as well. Sissoko cost them 1.8 million pounds!

He's been decidedly average in France recently by all accounts....he looked good today for sure but Bilyaletdinov looked like a world beater on his debut for us.

Too early to judge.

Oh I agree it's early, but he definitely showed quality, and for that amount of money they don't have a lot to lose. I just mentioned him because he scored twice (he was also very good in their win against Villa in the week), but say Debuchy for instance, he has always been quite good whenever I've watched him and they got him for 5.5 million pounds. Mbiwa who is one of the hottest prospects in European football for around 7 million...

They've just cancelled his contract as well.

Signed for £5,700,000 which could have rised to £7,000,000 based on conditions. It's shocking to think how much money they must have wasted on players like him. He's signed for Cordoba CF now back in Spain where he's been on loan for the past few years.

Clint Dempsey is playing up front for Tottenham now after Jermain Defoe limped off with a bad injury to his ankle. This means that Spurs have no strikers at the club available and will surely hamper their chances of getting into the Champions League ahead of us.

Clint Dempsey is playing up front for Tottenham now after Jermain Defoe limped off with a bad injury to his ankle. This means that Spurs have no strikers at the club available and will surely hamper their chances of getting into the Champions League ahead of us.

Adebayor will miss (at most) only one more league game for them.

Adebayor will miss (at most) only one more league game for them.

Fair enough then. It's still a bit shit for them that they'll only have one striker, I thought he was away for longer. I just wonder if he'll come back as good as he was before he left (has he been scoring regularly for Togo?).

Fair enough then. It's still a bit shit for them that they'll only have one striker, I thought he was away for longer. I just wonder if he'll come back as good as he was before he left (has he been scoring regularly for Togo?).

Described as "The Adebayor juggernaut" here...but I've not seen much of the ACON this time around (no Everton players).

http://allafrica.com/stories/201302030176.html

Playing the quarter final v Burkina Faso this evening.

Just saying to my old man, it's annoying seeing the like of spurs actually buying quality all the time now, instead of a few years a go they used to sign a load of shite (Jenas,Huddelstone for example) They've got one of the best signings from last year warming their bench atm (sigardson) and have just signed another quality midfielder for next to nothing in Holtby.