IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I get damn irritated a lot of the time in my defense Matthew, but what a supreme day of soccer. One of the most enjoyable I can remember.

Tottenham out and Liverpool eliminated, and Chelsea very nearly going the same way - but I can't have it all my own way.

I'll bet there's some fun going on right now on Red Cafe or RAWK for instance. Got to enjoy this.

Someone mentioned Royal Rumble damn it, and I can't even watch WWE anymore .

It's the main event of the wresling calendar, apart from Wrestlemania, and whoever wins, gets a title shot, but it's all different now from how I remember it.

Once again, a very good day for soccer. One or two clubs I don't like had an elimination and I was pleased enough.

Celtic were beaten in a semi-final by St Mirren that caused a lot of attention, but no-one has mentioned it yet. 10 Years ago they were playing in the UEFA Cup Final. I don't know where the damn time goes to.

Miserable sad.png

Seeing as this is the football thread I'll stick the transfer rumours in here;

- Lewis Holtby is going to join Tottenham immediatly.

- Mauro Boselli has left Wigan Athletic to join Palermo on loan till the end of the season.

- Wigan Athletic seem to be in front of the race to sign John Stones

- El Shaaraway is set to join Napoli from AC Milan

- Stephen Warnock could be heading to West Ham whilst Alan Hutton could be heading to Real Mallorca - both from Aston Villa.

- Mario Balotelli is expected to sign for AC Milan soon.

^ All taken from the Sky Sports Transfer Clockwatch.

- Didier Drogba is set to join Galatasary on an 18 month contract turning down a return to Chelsea in the process.

- QPR have enquired about Manuel Fernandes whom Harry Redknapp worked with at Portsmouth.

- Danny Greham has asked to leave Swansea for personal reasons and has flown to the North East. (reported to be signing for Sunderland).

- David Villa may be signing for Arsenal, apparantly a negotiator is out in Spain at the moment.

- Wigan Athletic are interested in Zubar (Wolves) and Coates (Liverpool).

Edit:

- Didier Drogba has completed a move to Galatasary (and is rumoured to have turned down Chelsea in the process).

- Alan Hutton has completed a move to Real Mallorca.

Edited by Zoo

Why would Villa go to Arsenal. (It would be great if he could sign for a certain club in Birmingham), and they haven't won anything for seven or eight years now, and are incapable anymore of challenging for an actual league championship. Wenger's been under a lot of pressure in the last year or two, supporters have been ill at ease, and still the wait goes on for a first trophy since what seems like the days of prohibition. Just seems strange that Villa would like a move there of all things. It says 'maybe', I say 'won't be'

Drogba going to Turkey had me thinking 'elephants graveyard'. I'm no fan of the player, even though we was a dangerous player, and still could be, that did well, but think a move anywhere but Istanbul would have been preferable ? Where that could be I just don't know, but that's one strange destination for a final hurrah.

They did the first one, but Napoli might know of an out going, so preparing themselves.

AC would be stupid to let him go. He loves it in Milan and he'd be a god there, if he stayed and continued to perform how he has.

I think he's awesome. Looks like he'll be a tosser, but really mild mannered and humble. Love the guy.

Edit: Just seen AC are trying to pen a new deal....hardly surprising.

Edited by tenaciousj

- David Beckham is training with Arsenal (so could he be on his way there instead of West Ham?).

- Mario Balotelli has had his car pissed on by a Manchester United fan (so hopefully this is the final straw for him and he fucks off to Milan).

- Spurs target Negrado.

- QPR want Peter Crouch (meaning that if successful Harry Redknapp will work with him for the fifth time).

Apparantly there has been a bust up in the QPR dressing room too. After their defeat to MK Dons the players squared up to each other and had to be seperated from one another adding more troubles to the club.