IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

They're both in the wrong.

Ball Boy - Over reacted, he didn't take the full blow of the 'kick', Hazard kicked the ball. Pre-game tweets about time-wasting and the fact he had been doing that the whole game, I just can't feel sorry for him.

Hazard - He went to kick the ball from under the kid, shouldn't have done that anyway. No reason why he couldn't use his hands to prize the ball away, considering, he was bending down already or even, just looking at the ref, shrug and allow the ref to add time on.

Much to do about nothing.

Major over-reaction.

I'd give him a one game ban and draw a line under the whole situation. Hazard does nothing wrong.

laugh.png So kicking a young lad in the ribs, and in front of millions of TV viewers is OK with you. ??

I dont know how old you are but if he did that to your son, you would be wanting the police to charge him for assault. I know i would.

Edited by Bill

Wether he barely touched him or not Marco it shoudnt have happened, he said he aimed at the ball but seeing as the lad was lying on the ball, there probably was some contact.

People who come on the pitch to have a go at the players, often get banned for life, He had no right to go off the pitch to attack a young lad. I understand you saying he hardly touched him, but he should never have given the lad the excuse to play act.

He brought all the bad press on himself, and if he doesn't get any extra punishment he will be a lucky man

laugh.png So kicking a young lad in the ribs, and in front of millions of TV viewers is OK with you. ??

I dont know how old you are but if he did that to your son, you would be wanting the police to charge him for assault. I know i would.

He didn't kick him in the ribs thats the point. If the ballboy wants to be a cunt and lie on the ball then he deserves all he gets. Hazard didn't even touch him anyway, he won the ball without making contact with the lads ribs, the ballboy just made a meal of it trying to get his 15 minutes of fame.

he barely touched him..if that hurt the lad then he needs a few more kickings before he becomes a pro if that's what he is heading towards cos he won't last 5 seconds...pathetic

He'll be a right nancy is he ever makes it pro.

That ballboy shouldn't get near the pitch ever again.

You can see clearly in this video the horrible little fucker dives on to the ball to stop Hazaard getting it, and then you clearly see the ball pop out with the kick.

The kick is what 'every player' young or old does when trying to get a ball from somebody. It's hardly a brutal assault and should have no bearing on the match regarding a sending off. It should have been investigated if necessary after the game.

About 3:20

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/swansea-0-chelsea-0-longer-highlights/

The ball-boy should be publicaly punished because as it happens now he probably thinks he's a right clever cunt who needs taking down a peg or two. There should be an apology from Swansea FC for employing such dickheads and Hazard's red should be over-turned.

I just hope Bradford City win the cup even more now. (Partly because of the ballboy incident and because we don't need a Welsh team winning our cup).

Edit:

Best quote on Hazard story - Pat Nevin: "As a ball boy he's got one job, that's to give the ball back. What does he do? Keeps the ball"

Nevin sums up my views perfectly, the ball boy is the one cheating so I don't see why he isn't being brought to justice.

Edited by Zoo

If thats a ball boy cheating so is every footballer in the land when they are trying to hold on to a 1-0 scoreline.

Its called playing for time and Its for the ref to add extra time as he sees fit.

Goodison road makes a joke about me saying .....

"Attack" him. laugh.png

For a player to leave the field of play and aim a kick at somebody lying on the floor, yes i would say that was an attack.

Edited by Bill

For a player to leave the field of play and aim a kick at somebody lying on the floor, yes i would say that was an attack.

He dosen't 'aim a kick at somebody lying on the floor', he aims at the ball and takes it with ease. Neither does he really 'leave the field of play' to actually get the ballboy, he's already standing next to him.

rolleyes.gif What ever. It should have been you on the floor you might have taken a different view.

I wouldn't have been so childish in the first place. True, I might have wasted time and spent a little longer giving the ball back to Hazard but I woulden't have 'fallen on top of it' like that prat did.

Edited by Zoo

I don't agree Bill.

I think the kid is a kid, and did a stupid kiddy thing, but a Semi final is not the place to be behaving like that. It certainly shouldn't have led to Hazaard being involved, but at the time, I don't suppose Hazaards intentions were bad.

The kid was lucky it wasn't Joey Barton trying to get the ball, as he'd probably be in intensive care by now.

I'm not sure that they will Pete, although it was a bit strange.

But if Hazard doesn't get a couple more games on top of his red card he will be a lucky man.

I don't agree Bill.

I think the kid is a kid, and did a stupid kiddy thing, but a Semi final is not the place to be behaving like that. It certainly shouldn't have led to Hazaard being involved, but at the time, I don't suppose Hazaards intentions were bad.

The kid was lucky it wasn't Joey Barton trying to get the ball, as he'd probably be in intensive care by now.

He's not a kid though, he's only 5 years younger than Hazard, the lads fully aware of what he was doing and got no more than the equivalent of a clip round the ear.

I don't think Hazard deserves a ban at all, all too often the cause goes unpunished whilst the true victims take the blunt of the blame.

And if hazard had given the player a kick he would have been sent off. dont%20know.gif

Possibly....think it's more likely he'd have got a yellow because there was no intent to kick anything other than the ball....and I was under the impression that intent was taken into account.

Betis v Atletico just finished 1-1. Game was over after Madrid scored, making it 3-0 on agg.

Malaga v Barca next up (2-2), should be a good game.

Thank fuck we've moved on from that incident last night that was blown out of all proportion, a storm in a tea cup if ever there was one damn it.

Sounds like a cup tournament also. I don't watch Spanish soccer, but it's not like I got a choice. It must have been on ESPN or something. I don't want Barcelona to win whatever this is, as I think they have their hands on enough things.

Thank fuck we've moved on from that incident last night that was blown out of all proportion, a storm in a tea cup if ever there was one damn it.

Sounds like a cup tournament also. I don't watch Spanish soccer, but it's not like I got a choice. It must have been on ESPN or something. I don't want Barcelona to win whatever this is, as I think they have their hands on enough things.

Refs a jokes showed 5 yellows so far and it's only 40 mins in. Clear bias towards Barca as well similar to how the Sky teams get it over here.

Im going back to the kick seeing as I missed out on the convo earlier!

I agree with Bill. Yes the kid is being a dick and he makes a meal of it (didnt realise he was 17, thought he was 13/4 at most!) but Hazard is also a tit for doing what he did. If the ball boy doesnt give the ball back then complain to the ref, don't give him a nudge in the first place and then give him a dig when he lays on top of the ball. If Hazard is that stupid for trying doing what he did then he deserves all the punishment he gets.

The ball boy deserves the sack though!