IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

18 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not seen the third City goal v Swansea but the beeb are saying Aguero was offside; have seen the second goal and it was never a penalty for me, thought it was a great tackle. Swansea very unlucky.

Top four team though Mike.  Ref's always give them the benefit.

3 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Jimenez who we were linked with is a handful up top

He's only on loan and whatever Portuguese club he's from is keen to sell. Hopefully Brands has got his black van ready to high jack the deal. 

Harsh straight red. Late but only went in with one leg. 

18 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

no naismith that's why.  but in all honesty i wish more scots would play for them instead of ireland and england.  be the one that rights the ship.

I can't think of a Scottish player turning out for England, possibly a few with dual qualification have understandably opted for Ireland (though I can't think of one off the top of my head). Who are we talking about?

39 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I can't think of a Scottish player turning out for England, possibly a few with dual qualification have understandably opted for Ireland (though I can't think of one off the top of my head). Who are we talking about?

2 of our own, Mcgeady and McCarthy.  I was wrong about england, seems they all go play for Ireland (as if they are any better than scotland FFS?)

Was scrolling through the latest football results this afternoon.  Saw that Palace were winning 1-0.   Said out loud 'that will be a penalty won by Zaha'.  Exactly right, though you don't have to be Nostradamus to forecast that one.  Palace must get more penalties than any other team in the Premiership.

51 minutes ago, johnh said:

Was scrolling through the latest football results this afternoon.  Saw that Palace were winning 1-0.   Said out loud 'that will be a penalty won by Zaha'.  Exactly right, though you don't have to be Nostradamus to forecast that one.  Palace must get more penalties than any other team in the Premiership.

I have Milivojević in both my fantasy teams so as long as he keeps converting them I'll have no complaint:P.

Great comeback from Watford, pleased for them; their fans were superb in '84 despite us beating them so I really hope they go one better this time. Wolves must be sick after losing from two up so I feel for them but both clubs have had a great season and both took the cup seriously, it could've been us.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Great comeback from Watford, pleased for them; their fans were superb in '84 despite us beating them so I really hope they go one better this time. Wolves must be sick after losing from two up so I feel for them but both clubs have had a great season and both took the cup seriously, it could've been us.

Sadly they've behaved like a right bunch of nobs since Silva.... their Twitter account is a joke. 

21 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Sadly they've behaved like a right bunch of nobs since Silva.... their Twitter account is a joke. 

Ah well I'm talking about historical personal interaction and my memories rather than social media, I have little contact with that.