IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I remember the game in question, they won 3-1 on the day, and we also played them in '89 at the sixth round stage when they were holders and also 1993 when they beat us in a replay in one of the early rounds.

Ok every now and again they did have a good game, but most will remember them as an awkward, unorthodox team, the Stoke City of their day, that got results from bullying opposition and long ball tactics. I stand by my thinking, but it's merely looking at things from different perspectives

They were pretty decent during the 80's.

You don't win the FA cup by being shite, and they won promotion from the 4th division right up to the 1st during the 80's too, and that is some achievement.

I agree, they were often classed as hard knocks, but we've had periods ourselves when we were a little physical.

There was a special two hour talk on the radio (Talksport, My Sporting Life) on Sunday evening about the 1988 FA cup winning side and special guests from the day involved such as Ray Houghton, Terry Gibson, Bruce Grobbelaar and John Scales etc. Talked about all the rounds before the game and everything leading up to the final and the day itself. I managed to stay with it for the most part and it was even a worthwhile listen.

We have the unwanted record of being the club that has the lowest attendance ever for a EPL game, when only 3,000 people bothered to arrive to see a game against them in 1993 some will remember. I can't even remember who won either.

Edited by Dalziel Kane

We have the unwanted record of being the club that has the lowest attendance ever for a EPL game, when only 3,000 people bothered to arrive to see a game against them in 1993 some will remember. I can't even remember who won either.

I was there (lucky really or it'd have been 2,999!). 3-1.....Selhurst Park by then though.

I didn't mean it was literally 3,000 in attendance Michael. That was just a rough estimate, or a near enough figure.

The actual crowd was around 3,170 from all that I remember, so your omission if it had occured, wouldn't have made that much of an impact as suggested.

It will be the 20th anniversary of that game in a few days or weeks of all things, as it occured in January / early February from what I recall

I didn't mean it was literally 3,000 in attendance Michael.

Then you should have said soshaking fist.png .

You said "...only 3,000 people bothered to arrive...". If you were being less than your usual accurate self you should have said, "...only about 3,000 people bothered to arrive....".

Please be more considerate in your future posting Dalzielgenon!

Not just saying this because I'm an Evertonain but Liverpool are piss poor. I'd be embarrased as a Kopite, they're lucky to only be 1-0 down as United should be scored when Welbeck latched onto Agger's backpass and should have scored through van Persie's backheel.

Only one winner at the moment I just hope that Manchester United can keep them under control in the second 45.

EDIT: PATRICE!

Edited by Zoo

United's defence is so shakey, it's a funny game because I can see United getting a third to make it 3-1 but I can also see them fucking up and it going to 2-2. Let's just hope that it's my first prediction.

Also, Glen Johnson is useless.