IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

28 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Bit poor of them to go public so soon and poor of Cardiff to give them the opportunity. 

Seen on the news a body was found in the wreckage, given how close they are to finding him the clubs should have waited for his family to have a proper funeral and even then tried harder not to go public. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Bit poor of them to go public so soon and poor of Cardiff to give them the opportunity. 

Seen on the news a body was found in the wreckage, given how close they are to finding him the clubs should have waited for his family to have a proper funeral and even then tried harder not to go public. 

I agree, Nantes are entitled to their money legally I suppose as the deal had been done and the flight was organised by Cardiff, but it should have been left to lie for a while.

On 06/02/2019 at 18:00, MikeO said:

I agree, Nantes are entitled to their money legally I suppose as the deal had been done and the flight was organised by Cardiff, but it should have been left to lie for a while.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47166633?ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_linkname=sport&fbclid=IwAR1gTALduFyU6MltJzo4pIebk9KWpS6lQxzbtPGpbDAu4o461UMRGnd3i9Y

Can't imagine how his family feel. 

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Watching this City side does make me question whether Arteta would be a gamble worth taking.

It makes me think how are we where we are currently? We matched City for long periods a few days ago and lost to two injury time sucker punches; Chelsea have been chewed up and spat out by them. That's Chelsea, not Cardiff or Huddersfield, so frustrating.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

It makes me think how are we where we are currently? We matched City for long periods a few days ago and lost to two injury time sucker punches; Chelsea have been chewed up and spat out by them. That's Chelsea, not Cardiff or Huddersfield, so frustrating.

I know where your coming from its mind boggling.

Anyway nice picture with the shield bet you haven't changed a bit more like unrecognisable Mike😉

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Should be an interesting game tonight. Wolves arent really a team I would fancy to come out and force the game and Newcastle will create chances. I cant see many goals though.

Looks like Newcastle had one chance and scored.

Wolves lucky with the goal at the end, Boly looked to have hands on the keepers shoulders which played a part in him spilling it. 

12 minutes ago, Btay said:

Looks like Newcastle had one chance and scored.

Wolves lucky with the goal at the end, Boly looked to have hands on the keepers shoulders which played a part in him spilling it. 

To be fair the game was more open than I expected. Both sides worked themselves into good positions but couldnt finish them off. Wolves had lots of shots but only a couple of good ones from open play and for all that Newcastle worked the ball forward well I dont remember Patricio making a save. 

The new lad Almerion (sp) looked lively. Any of you Yanks seen him play in the MLS?

51 minutes ago, Bailey said:

To be fair the game was more open than I expected. Both sides worked themselves into good positions but couldnt finish them off. Wolves had lots of shots but only a couple of good ones from open play and for all that Newcastle worked the ball forward well I dont remember Patricio making a save. 

The new lad Almerion (sp) looked lively. Any of you Yanks seen him play in the MLS?

Yes Almiron is good. MLS is really hoping he does well so other leagues will start valuing MLS players and the league higher.  

13 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Yes Almiron is good. MLS is really hoping he does well so other leagues will start valuing MLS players and the league higher.  

It will be interesting to see how he does. He looks up for it based on his cameo and with a better finish from Perez he could have had an assist. On the other end of the scale you had Yedlin who was absolutely garbage. Yesterday he fell into the "if he wasnt quick he would be playing Sunday League" category. 

36 minutes ago, Bailey said:

It will be interesting to see how he does. He looks up for it based on his cameo and with a better finish from Perez he could have had an assist. On the other end of the scale you had Yedlin who was absolutely garbage. Yesterday he fell into the "if he wasnt quick he would be playing Sunday League" category. 

that's always been yedlin.  he's a track star playing football.  i had hoped his time in the premier league would mean more growth as a defender and attacker, but it seems like he hit his ceiling.

Manchester United fans throwing bottles and there's a "funny side" to it according to the BBC...

"Minutes later, as he [Angel di Maria] went to take another corner, a bottle of beer was thrown at him, although he at least saw the funny side by pretending to take a swig."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47218439

If that'd been us (or anyone outside the six) we'd have been slaughtered. Be interesting to see what action is taken by the authorities/United.

41 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Manchester United fans throwing bottles and there's a "funny side" to it according to the BBC...

"Minutes later, as he [Angel di Maria] went to take another corner, a bottle of beer was thrown at him, although he at least saw the funny side by pretending to take a swig."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47218439

If that'd been us (or anyone outside the six) we'd have been slaughtered. Be interesting to see what action is taken by the authorities/United.

It's the Champions League.  If UEFA investigate at all it will only be a mild rebuke.  Liverpool's disgraceful attack on the Man City coach only resulted in a 'loose change' fine.

Interesting game the Chelsea Utd match. 

It was very even at 0-0, but once Utd scored they sat back and played on the break. When I say they sat back they sat very deep, Allardyce-esque. They scored quickly again on the counter and that was their only 2 chances of the game. They did a very good job of stopping Chelsea at the same time though but they did have 10 men on the edge of their 18 yard box. 

Pogba is also largely the same Pogba as before but the only difference is that he has more vertical runners and more space to break into. He still loses the same silly balls, he still gives up far too easily on challenges etc but he is bloody fantastic with the ball at his feet and a willing runner to ping the ball too as well as then arriving into the box himself. 

As for Chelsea, they are in the same stick or twist boat as us. They probably should have taken the lead but then never looked like scoring after that. It was my first 90 min viewing of Higuian and I thought he looked great. His movement is as sharp as anyone else in the league but he got no service largely due to the way Utd defended. If he does get the service I can see him scoring plenty.

I thought that Barkley was at least positive. Chelsea were making a habit of just going round in circles and he was trying to force the issue a little. 

Kovacic started brightly but Im just not sure this league will see him at his best. I wasnt sure before he came and Im still not convinced. 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Well that was odd, Arrizabalaga being subbed for the shoot-out but refusing to leave the field, Sarri going bananas but the sub doesn't happen (shouldn't the officials have stepped in?). One of them is going to look pretty stupid in a few minutes.

I felt awkward just watching it. Sarri should have gone on the field grabbed him by his collar and dragged him off. 

His press conference after made no sense. He’s now on borrowed time. 

5 minutes ago, barryj said:

I felt awkward just watching it. Sarri should have gone on the field grabbed him by his collar and dragged him off. 

His press conference after made no sense. He’s now on borrowed time. 

Strange thing is if you look at the laws the ref has to continue the game if a player refuses to go off. But then why didn't he make the sub after the game had ended and the players were off the pitch? Very strange incident.

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Strange thing is if you look at the laws the ref has to continue the game if a player refuses to go off. But then why didn't he make the sub after the game had ended and the players were off the pitch? Very strange incident.

The really weird thing was when he made to walk away down the tunnel.  It was almost an admittance of defeat.  I don't think he will last out the week.