IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We could’ve done with someone being in the box and anticipating things against Leicester when Bernard fizzed a ball in and Tosun and DCL were nowhere to be found for an easy tap in. 

Like when Gerry Deulofeu whizzed in ball after ball across the 6 yard box and big Rom used to point at his feet whilst stood on the edge of the box... crowd used to go mental. 

I actually thought if we had a gray, lineker or Cottee we would have scored 15 goals from gerrys crosses alone..

Lukaku will be getting used as an impact sub now... something I have always said is suited to him.  He can't do 90 minutes - lacks focus and hunger for that time.   If United continue to use their mobile players for the first 60 or 70 Rom will get goals from being fresh.  He did this at WBA effectively.... it's just That impact sub shouldn't cost £90m.

8 hours ago, hafnia said:

Like when Gerry Deulofeu whizzed in ball after ball across the 6 yard box and big Rom used to point at his feet whilst stood on the edge of the box... crowd used to go mental. 

I actually thought if we had a gray, lineker or Cottee we would have scored 15 goals from gerrys crosses alone..

Lukaku will be getting used as an impact sub now... something I have always said is suited to him.  He can't do 90 minutes - lacks focus and hunger for that time.   If United continue to use their mobile players for the first 60 or 70 Rom will get goals from being fresh.  He did this at WBA effectively.... it's just That impact sub shouldn't cost £90m.

You see, this is where you make me laugh.

You did all that complaining you've just mentioned, then when he actually is in the box and alert for those sorts of chances you laugh at him for it.

You're so blinkered when it comes to him, it does not matter what he does he's always going to be wrong to you.

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You see, this is where you make me laugh.

You did all that complaining you've just mentioned, then when he actually is in the box and alert for those sorts of chances you laugh at him for it.

You're so blinkered when it comes to him, it does not matter what he does he's always going to be wrong to you.

How often is the point.... you can't score from 2 yards after being shite all season and give it the big shushes. He's a 90m sub....

9 minutes ago, sibdane said:

Tata Martino confirmed as the new Mexico head coach. I have no idea why he wasn't chased by the USA. Instead we got Berhalter and according to the higher-ups Martino wasn't even on the radar. Shocking if true.

Martino doesn't speak english, that was the main reason.  i love martino too, but when i read that i understood why he was passed up.

11 minutes ago, sibdane said:

Interesting. I assumed he knew English since he coached at Atlanta.

the more i read about berhalter the more i like the signing, i might even start watching the games again.  the job he did at Columbus was amazing considering what a small market that is and he couldn't get big time DP's to come there (See Rooney, Beckham, Villa, etc.).  He had a ton of caps as a US international during his playing career.  He spent the majority of his career in Europe (played for Crystal Palace among others) plying his trade.  He brings the European knowledge/experience and MLS experience together.  He coached in both Europe and MLS as well.  I honestly feel he won't be biased one way or the other because he actual understands the demands of both (unlike Jurgen and Arena).  His tactical style as manager is possesion based technical football, which is the way the game has evolved, it's about time we adapt. 

THis article is decent:

https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2018/12/3/18123598/usmnt-coach-gregg-berhalter-tactics-style-philosophy

10 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

the more i read about berhalter the more i like the signing, i might even start watching the games again.  the job he did at Columbus was amazing considering what a small market that is and he couldn't get big time DP's to come there (See Rooney, Beckham, Villa, etc.).  He had a ton of caps as a US international during his playing career.  He spent the majority of his career in Europe (played for Crystal Palace among others) plying his trade.  He brings the European knowledge/experience and MLS experience together.  He coached in both Europe and MLS as well.  I honestly feel he won't be biased one way or the other because he actual understands the demands of both (unlike Jurgen and Arena).  His tactical style as manager is possesion based technical football, which is the way the game has evolved, it's about time we adapt. 

THis article is decent:

https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2018/12/3/18123598/usmnt-coach-gregg-berhalter-tactics-style-philosophy

That was a good article and gives me a little more hope about him. I didn't know much about his time at Columbus to be honest. Just that they haven't really done much in the league.

18 minutes ago, sibdane said:

That was a good article and gives me a little more hope about him. I didn't know much about his time at Columbus to be honest. Just that they haven't really done much in the league.

they went to the cup final in 2015 and lost to portland 2-1.  his team qualified for the playoffs every year except 1 in his 5 years there.  honestly the more i read and research he sounds like the guy we need to take us forward.

This Spurs v Utd game is quite tasty. Superb opening goal from Utd with Pogba playing a world class ball to find Rashford with an equally good finish. 

I dont think Spurs can handle Utd on the counter so they need to get back into this ASAP otherwise they will get picked off.