IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

1 hour ago, aaron said:

Imagine being sacked and paid £24m.

If any one of us was sacked we probably wouldn't get 24p! Football is a proper mad sport isn'tttt it.

wild.  i'm going to wager he goes to the italian league or he becomes the portugal national team manager.  

as for replacement, i don't see Levy letting Potch leave, and that roster is awful as is the guy who staffs them (woodward).  could be a tough ask to find a manager.

Lukaku.... the last 2 managers to sign him for record fees were sacked whilst he was offering the square root of naff all.

Ironically Martinez and mourinho both sacked not long after a game that lukaku spent hiding behind a Liverpool centre half.

Any fans who think that coward can offer us something are mad. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Lukaku.... the last 2 managers to sign him for record fees were sacked whilst he was offering the square root of naff all.

Ironically Martinez and mourinho both sacked not long after a game that lukaku spent hiding behind a Liverpool centre half.

Any fans who think that coward can offer us something are mad. 

I’m a crazy 😜 fucker bring him back. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

That first sacked manager then picked him to lead the line at the world cup.

Woodward should have been fired first. Mourinho likes big athletic players yet they brought in the likes of Linderlof and Sanchez. 

i agree with this, woodward is the problem and good news for us, he's still there which should assure 6th place finishes for united for the next few years.  They haven't been able to get a proper CB in possibly a decade. their recruitment is awful.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Woodward isn'ttt a DOF... mourinho picks his players. £400m in 2 years he spent...

I don’t believe for a minute Pogba was someone he wanted myself. Think that was a case of Woodward shitting his pants knowing he needed a statement signing to appease fans. 

The trouble is they paid a special price for a very ordinary player. The only statement it made was that United no longer know what they’re doing. 

55 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Burton in the semifinals of the League Cup. Just goes to prove, once again, that it's a Mickey Mouse competition. Good luck to them, though. Maybe they can follow in the footsteps of Bradford, who almost won a European spot a few seasons ago.

Newly promoted Leicester won the league, is that now a Mickey Mouse competition as well?  I don’t agree with your logic Steve.  It’s a serious trophy I would love for us to win.

In my opinion the most important trophies are as follows:-

The league

Champions league

FA Cup

Europa

League cup

The fa cup is and should be 3rd and I don't like how it's been devalued.... it's a huge part of English football history.  Sadly most fans under the age of 25 will understand how ace cup final day used to be.  I blame United going to Brazil for the world club championships for part of that downturn in prestige. 

57 minutes ago, hafnia said:

In my opinion the most important trophies are as follows:-

The league

Champions league

FA Cup

Europa

League cup

The fa cup is and should be 3rd and I don't like how it's been devalued.... it's a huge part of English football history.  Sadly most fans under the age of 25 will understand how ace cup final day used to be.  I blame United going to Brazil for the world club championships for part of that downturn in prestige. 

Ace post Haf 😂 with you there mate.

18 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

The FA Cup final used to be the most special day of the year. There was something about seeing the ball hit the back of the net in the final that can barely be explained. It was so exciting. 

Blanket coverage on both main channels from about 11.00, all sorts of garbage but great fun, unmissable. Now I don't think I've watched a final since we were in it. Sad really.