IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

He did well at Nantes after he left Leicester.  He got them 5th or 7th I believe.  They are a tiny club, I used to follow them because they had an American (Alejandro bedoya) playing for them.

9th, they finished 7th the season before he took over so he took them backwards in fact.

I see it going 2 ways. 

1. Nothing really changes because as Romey says he isnt a particularly great manager and they go down.

2. He could tighten up their defence being a defensive coach when he was at Leicester plus his Italian roots and make them hard to beat. If he did that they they have plenty of attacking talent to win them some games against the odds. I dont know how the other sides he managed have played but if he could stop them leaking goals left right and centre then given how bad some of the other teams around them are, he could get them out of it.

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

VAR coming in next season, heard this on the radio hours ago, surprised nobody's mentioned it!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46224473

terrible decision, it will be the same outcomes except people will be even more outraged because of the video review.  american sports have extensive video review and still routinely get it wrong.  

5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

terrible decision, it will be the same outcomes except people will be even more outraged because of the video review.  american sports have extensive video review and still routinely get it wrong.  

I can't see it being any worse than it is now.  We get the rough end so often.  The likes of Liverpool and United will suffer most imo

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Plenty of effort from your side but not a lot of quality. 

Pulisic is the only one who looks capable of creating anything at the moment. I take solace in the fact that it's a very young squad with not a lot of experience.

We're severely lacking in the striker and left-back department too.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

You probably didn't watch it but there was a late video decision in the last two England rugby union games and I would argue one was wrong and the other was debatable but what it did do was taint the conclusion of the games especially as the two decisions were marginal to say the least.

Based on what we saw in the WC I have no faith in the referees reviewing the game and coming to the right decision.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

You probably didn't watch it but there was a late video decision in the last two England rugby union games and I would argue one was wrong and the other was debatable but what it did do was taint the conclusion of the games especially as the two decisions were marginal to say the least.

Based on what we saw in the WC I have no faith in the referees reviewing the game and coming to the right decision.

Yeah, I get that the big club bias makes people think it will magically go away, but the fact is humans are infallible and make mistakes.  adrenaline pumping heat is the moment decision are no different.

i wish they kept it as is and just hired better referees from abroad.

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Yeah, I get that the big club bias makes people think it will magically go away, but the fact is humans are infallible and make mistakes.  adrenaline pumping heat is the moment decision are no different.

i wish they kept it as is and just hired better referees from abroad.

Like the referees from abroad at the WC that were fucking awful? Doesn't matter where they come from imo, most of them are shockingly bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoffenheim giving it a good go against city and although they have a slightly rotated squad they look like they can be somewhat easily be broken down. 

On the other hand though they've been very deadly on the counter. 

I don't know when aguero is due to return though

Edit: commentator just said he's likely to return against us. 

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Hoffenheim giving it a good go against city and although they have a slightly rotated squad they look like they can be somewhat easily be broken down. 

On the other hand though they've been very deadly on the counter. 

I don't know when aguero is due to return though

Edit: commentator just said he's likely to return against us. 

Of course that's when he would return.