IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I wouldn't be surprised if Millwall beat them in the fourth round, and they've been having all kinds of problems lately, after that surprise win at Anfield a few weeks back.

Can't give Bradford City enough accolades. They could well do it though, but Tranmere Rovers led by the same score with the same opposition at the same stage in 1994, and still couldn't do it. All the Birmingham side has to do is win by two to nil in the return and that will be enough.

I wanted to add further comment but thought better of it, but once again, City have given themselves a chance to be in the final, although it won't be much of a contest I don't feel with the fucking plastics, as they will surely make it themselves.

I wanted to add further comment but thought better of it, but once again, City have given themselves a chance to be in the final, although it won't be much of a contest I don't feel with the fucking plastics, as they will surely make it themselves.

Well Swansea are 1-0 up at half time biggrin.png

Chelsea winning it would probably be better for us though, just in case we have a few poor results in the second half of the season...

Edited by Fearthainn

Fucking like that, but there's still the second leg to come, but by god, we're nearing a Bradford City vs Swansea City final ?!

Probably the most ridiculous scenario, with all due respect to them, as we came to a Wimbledon vs Stockport County final in 1997.

I remember at the time, someone saying (it was sponsored by Coca Cola at the time) - Pepsi must have been laughing their asses off.

But hats off to Swansea this night, what a result and I'm pleased enough, but it's still not over yet on both ties.

Yes I'm aware of who the two final teams were that year and all relevant statistics but was merely saying the semi-finals, they way they went, that season, could have seen a quite ridiculous final showpiece, for the neutrals in any event. Doubtless the two clubs involved, if they had made it, wouldn't have cared less about what anybody thought of their achievements.

I hope this year, that can come to pass, in that City and Swansea make it through. But past experiences dictate that nasty surprises will always be waiting in the shadows. Nothing is ever as it seems, with games half over.

....was merely saying the semi-finals, they way they went, that season, could have seen a quite ridiculous final showpiece, for the neutrals in any event. Doubtless the two clubs involved, if they had made it, wouldn't have cared less about what anybody thought of their achievements.

I hope this year, that can come to pass, in that City and Swansea make it through.

Why would Stockport v Wimbledon have been a ridiculous final? Established top flight team against third tier whereas Swansea v Bradford (which you want) would be newcomer to top flight v fourth tierdont%20know.gif .

It would have been ridiculous to most neutrals I feel. Some people aren't going to be to pleased with minnows in a final or little recognized or established sides. People want to see the big clubs in the finals, at least most of the time. I don't always have that thinking, as it's nice to see lesser teams there, but it's not much of a contest you understand.

Wimbledon were always a bit of a joke, or humor club, ever since they achieved top flight status in 1986 until they went out of business or went to Milton Keynes all those years later, with ridiculed or stereotypical soccer. Stockport in a final also with the same opposition, it just wouldn't have worked, is the bottom line, and most neutral fans wouldn't have been in favor of it.

If you look back to then, and today, I think this years possibility of a bradford vs swansea final is a better proposition or idea than 1997 with the other said teams.

Wimbledon were always a bit of a joke, or humor club, ever since they achieved top flight status in 1986 until they went out of business or went to Milton Keynes all those years later, with ridiculed or stereotypical soccer.

Now that's ridiculous....I live in Wimbledon from '85 to '94 (worked there for longer) and I saw them regularly.

Game that sticks out for me was the FA Cup fifth round in 1987 (against us). We'd not lost an FA Cup match outside of Wembley for four years but they played us off the park (Southall, Stevens, Van den Hauwe, Ratcliffe, Watson, Reid, Steven, Heath, Wilkinson, Snodin, Power). They were a much better side than people gave them credit for.