IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I want Middlesbrough to win the competition, may run over a few ghosts and help make a new start. And was Wenger even taking it seriously, I saw their starting XI, and most of the names I didn't even recognize. This will be eight years without a trophy won this end of season and I don't think they are capable of anything more.

Pleased for Bradford City and would have wanted them to do it.

Pleased Norwich are out also, no sense in lying.

We could be still involved if not for that disappointment at Leeds United back in September and with a winnable game in the next round, but it's no good crying over spilt milk.

You can put your mortgage on plastics being the overall winners.

It's their ideal trophy , after all.

And was Wenger even taking it seriously, I saw their starting XI, and most of the names I didn't even recognize.

dont know.gif .

"...with even greater irony, it was a defeat inflicted on a strong Arsenal team that simply confirmed Wengers's trophy-winning emphasis has shifted, lowered even, as he becomes even more desperate to end the barren years without silverware."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20694706

I don't care what it says damn it. I saw the starting XI in a tabloid publication and there was mostly a team I failed to recognize.

Wenger doesn't care about this, that has been demonstrated as far back as anyone can remember. He is focused on the European Cup and the FA Cup when it pleases him, and they are no longer championship material as a league outifit.

If Arsenal had put out a strong side or serious, then Bradford City would not of been victorious, end of story.

Going back to 2004-05, it is quite alarming for a club the size of Arsenal without a trophy, but getting more trivial by the minute, I can't be in two places at once. This failure to win another trophy seems almost void and redundant from my perspective sometimes and I think, all said, that can be the only way forward. I hope it continues for a while longer, but still remain apprehensive.

I don't care what it says damn it. I saw the starting XI in a tabloid publication and there was mostly a team I failed to recognize.

Wenger doesn't care about this, that has been demonstrated as far back as anyone can remember. He is focused on the European Cup and the FA Cup when it pleases him, and they are no longer championship material as a league outifit.

If Arsenal had put out a strong side or serious, then Bradford City would not of been victorious, end of story.

He started with eight of the same eleven who began their previous league game at home to West Brom (including the same back five); only Giroud, Arteta and Oxlade-Chamberlain were left out (for Ramsey, Coquelin and Podolski).

Wenger was plainly taking it very seriously whether you recognise the players or notsmile.png .

Going back to 2004-05, it is quite alarming for a club the size of Arsenal without a trophy, but getting more trivial by the minute, I can't be in two places at once. This failure to win another trophy seems almost void and redundant from my perspective sometimes and I think, all said, that can be the only way forward. I hope it continues for a while longer, but still remain apprehensive.

He started with eight of the same eleven who began their previous league game at home to West Brom (including the same back five); only Giroud, Arteta and Oxlade-Chamberlain were left out (for Ramsey, Coquelin and Podolski).

Wenger was plainly taking it very seriously whether you recognise the players or notsmile.png .

That said more about DK's knowledge of Arsenal and international football players. (I'm not having a go at you btw DK. You cant know everything about every player in the prem)

I don't know much about them except they are the only club to have a team name on the London Subway system. It was formerly Gillespie Road but they changed the name in the 1930s.

I may have made an error with the starting XI the other night, but it's water under the bridge now. They only left out one or two first team players whereas I thought it was a much changed side, fair enough.

Next season will be eight years without a trophy for them most likely. Quite incredible for a club of that stature. Wenger is under some serious pressure to deliver now. I think as with Moyes sometimes, he has done all he is able, and it may be time to move on etc.

Annoyed that the Arabs won against Newcastle but pleased that United won to keep their lead strong at the top of the table. I'm glad that Villa won too obviously and even happier in the way in which they did, 3 goals at Anfield is something to smile about and keeps them off our heels.

Annoyed that the Arabs won against Newcastle but pleased that United won to keep their lead strong at the top of the table. I'm glad that Villa won too obviously and even happier in the way in which they did, 3 goals at Anfield is something to smile about and keeps them off our heels.

... and only this week they were saying that they will be above us by Christmas and top 4 come the end of the season rofl.gif

I certainly never heard such a thing.

Liverpool's supporters may have their heads in their ass some of the time, but most will be honest enough to admit that they won't get a Top Four finish this season or even above us by time of holidays, but then again on todays evidence, that just may come to pass..

But they won't get a european cup place this season, so fuck that, as today once again demonstrated.

Hats off to Aston Villa today, that was a mighty fine result

Pleased that the plastics had a defeat today but can't look beyond it was a nothing, trivial and meaningless game, that meant next to nothing for me, but a defeat's a defeat, so guess I'll take it.

You can put your mortgage on Tottenham having a win today. - and then have a snooze... dry.png

I hope 100 per cent that West Bromwich Albion get a win today, this isn't just about league placings, runs a bit deeper than that. They must be doing something right to be in contention for a champions league place in December ?

It could go mighty fine with Liverpools defeat yesterday, but can only wait and hope.

Pleased that the plastics had a defeat today but can't look beyond it was a nothing, trivial and meaningless game, that meant next to nothing for me, but a defeat's a defeat.

I hope 100 per cent that West Bromwich Albion get a win today, this isn't just about league placings, runs a bit deeper than that. They must be doing something right to be in contention for a champions league place in December ? .

A meaningless game? The Club World Cup Final? It was a chance of silverware and one they should have taken so it was hardly for 'nothing'. You also hope that WBA win today? What, so they can go above Everton? I see no reason why you would want such a thing.

I only found out about the result a moment ago, although not all that interested but reading the above thought let's get it out of the way. I hope Reading survive this year, they are a decent club and I hope they can do it. There was a piece about Arsenal on the radio the other night and special guest was Ray Parlour and they talked about all the times at the club from Graham to Wenger, and all those great sides, the invincibles of 2004, and then you realized they haven't won a damn thing since the season after, and it's not going to change this season.

Wenger under serious pressure, and it's another season without a trophy for them. That's eight years now. But that's their problem.

Because they're a lower league club then ourselves, and you know what always happens..

Plastics won tonight ? Fuck them in all honesty. Mickey Mouse cup winners 2013, you read it here first.

There won't be no embarrassing Champions League 'win' this time round, so they'll have to make do with that etc.

Even if we had of beaten Leeds United in that game, then Southampton, it would have been us playing tonight against those, and Moyes and cups - custard and gravy. I'm not that confident we could have got something from it, but it's all water under the bridge.