IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

On 02/05/2019 at 05:44, c1982 said:

I’m glad it was only 3-0 as it keeps it competitive enough that Liverpool may still think there’s something in it for them. This will hopefully be enough of a distraction for their title challenge to derail at Newcastle on Saturday.

Well this went well! I can’t take much more!!!

It's taken me this long to get my head around what happened tonight and whether people like it or not as a football fan I take my hat off to them, they were top draw what an unbelievable result nothing but admiration for any team who could do that to a Barca team who were 3-0 up at halftime.

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

It's taken me this long to get my head around what happened tonight and whether people like it or not as a football fan I take my hat off to them, they were top draw what an unbelievable result nothing but admiration for any team who could do that to a Barca team who were 3-0 up at halftime.

100 % agree. It’s a massive result for them and they should be incredibly proud of their players. 

Im heavily rooting for Ajax or spurs though.

2 hours ago, Btay said:

100 % agree. It’s a massive result for them and they should be incredibly proud of their players. 

Im heavily rooting for Ajax or spurs though.

If you think that trophy is anyone else's but theirs then you don't know football :P 

still 2 chances for them to lose trophies.  City have a Brighton side that doesn't have a goal scorer and is a couple points safe from relegation.  Leicester are a good side and know how to defend hence the difficult game for them.  Brighton is not Leicester.  Lastly, Ajax or Spurs both present a difficult foe.  Ajax can run all day with Liverpool, they will not be out worked.  Spurs can do the same and are very good at the back.  those saying the shite are going to win are short sighted, there's still a lot to happen yet.

26 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

I can't see Ajax or Spurs coming close to them in the final, sadly.

that's what last year's winners Real Madrid thought.  As well as Juventus and now Spurs are thinking as well.  Hasn't worked out for any of them.  their work rate and willingness to work together as a team is bar none.  plus i think they relish the underdog role.  i really enjoy watching them.

18 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We’ve seen some crazy shit the last couple of days you couldn’t make it up it’s been that bizarre. 

I think the final will be 0-0 and decided on penalties just to bring things back to reality 😜

Conflicted I don't want either of them to win it; luckily I'll be watching in a bar in Greece so will likely get inebriated enough not to care.