IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

With Utd getting drubbed by Liverpool last week and Mourinho going on one of his rants about Martial and transfers does anyone else think this might be the begining of the end for him? Its just got that unravelling feel about it!

This or he’s doing his spoilt child act and moaning until he gets what he wants e.g £200m worth of signings.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

With Utd getting drubbed by Liverpool last week and Mourinho going on one of his rants about Martial and transfers does anyone else think this might be the begining of the end for him? Its just got that unravelling feel about it!

Even before preaseason started I knew this is the year he melts down and they fire him.  

The Championship is back this week, who are people saying comes up?

I think Lampard will do well with Derby County. Boro and Stoke I think will also do well. Cant see West Brom bouncing back up after selling some of their top players, Swansea will struggle too I think.

Villa, if they keep hold of their main players (unlikely) and actually make some signings(again unlikely) they could push for promotion.

Would like to see Leeds back in the big time but I think they will fall short again.

For me Boro win the Championship, Stoke runners up and Derby play off winners.

Leeds are poison to me and probably to most (outside the city) who lived through the Revie years; nasty, dirty cheating bar stewards. I hold a grudge, long may they fester in the lower leagues, the lower the better.

And they thought shirt numbers on socks were a good idea the numpties.

Image result for leeds united numbers on socks

I though City were good value for their win against Chelsea today and 2 nil underestimated their dominance. 

Barkley played 90 mins for Chelsea and other than being a bit safe, I thought he played well. Couple of key passes in there too. 

Stones was great for City bar one misplaced pass and was a massive part of their 2nd goal.

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

do falmouth and truro not have teams? must not be any good.

Truro City play at a higher level (national league south) than Bodmin and Saltash (South West Peninsula League) so won't have to enter the qualifying stages yet. Falmouth Town are in the same league as Bodmin and Saltash so not sure if/why they're not playing, maybe Steve just missed them.

3 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

What Mike said. Truro is the highest ranked team in Cornwall and will join in the later qualifying rounds. I was looking for Falmouth and also St. Austell and St. Blazey but didn't see them listed.

I went through the draw and couldn't find Falmouth either, don't know why, surely they'll have entered? Funny game for me is Willand Rovers (where I now live) are playing at Shepton Mallet (where I used to live). Also Guildford City are playing who I watched as a kid so good luck to them.

13 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i watch this show called poldark located in cornwall, that's the only reason i knew a couple cities.  lol

They film the ship scenes at Charlestown in Cornwall. A couple of old sailing ships are docked there, and they're used quite a bit in movies. My brother lives a stone's throw from there, and my young nephew often walks down the hill and videotapes the crew when they film Poldark. He's made quite a name for himself. Indeed, national newspapers have cottoned on to the fact that you can potentially figure out what's going to happen in the next series by watching my nephew's recordings. :)

There are other series based in Cornwall. Doc Martin is probably the most well-known, which is filmed in Port Isaac on the north coast.

Interesting little game this. Leicester dominating without creating bar one great save from De Gea and Utd look like they might counter but keep messing it up. 

Leicester have spent a lot of money and surprisingly havent bought a new RB as Amartey is crap. 

Pogba is one of the worst best footballers in the world. He can do anything but at the same time he just makes so many little stupid mistakes. Rashford doing fuck all up front again as well. 

Bailly has started well for Utd and Madison, Ricardo and Chilwell have looked bright for Leicester. Hopefully a few more chances second half.

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Interesting little game this. Leicester dominating without creating bar one great save from De Gea and Utd look like they might counter but keep messing it up. 

Leicester have spent a lot of money and surprisingly havent bought a new RB as Amartey is crap. 

Pogba is one of the worst best footballers in the world. He can do anything but at the same time he just makes so many little stupid mistakes. Rashford doing fuck all up front again as well. 

Bailly has started well for Utd and Madison, Ricardo and Chilwell have looked bright for Leicester. Hopefully a few more chances second half.

The CB pairing has looked surprisingly solid for United. Easier to look good when you’re playing as deep as United have since they went up, but they’ve dealt well with everything that has come into the box.

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Chris McLaughlin

BBC Sport Scotland at Tynecastle

"A hard-fought but entertaining first half here in the capital. Celtic just edging it in terms of chances and possession.":huh:

Capture.JPG

its the same over here mike, they are paid to be opinionated blowhards, not to be able to read and understand the finer points of the game.