IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Isn't it rather unfair that Spurs get to play their FA Cup semifinal at home? I would have expected the FA to use a different venue, since semifinals are supposed to be neutral.

They lost so not a big deal.  Poch doesn’t treat the cups with the same respect as mou does.  That’s his one downfall as a manager.  All or nothing for the league and still no trophies to show for it.

17 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

They lost so not a big deal.  Poch doesn’t treat the cups with the same respect as mou does.  That’s his one downfall as a manager.  All or nothing for the league and still no trophies to show for it.

Bar the keeper that was their first 11 tonight. 

The problem for Spurs is that they still bottle those must win games. What's worse for most of us is that their bright English talents are the ones that go missing the most. Alli barely involved bar his goal. Kane barely had a kick. 

On the other hand I thought Jones and Smalling were very good. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Bar the keeper that was their first 11 tonight. 

The problem for Spurs is that they still bottle those must win games. What's worse for most of us is that their bright English talents are the ones that go missing the most. Alli barely involved bar his goal. Kane barely had a kick. 

On the other hand I thought Jones and Smalling were very good. 

Yeah because Poch has talked down the cups his whole tenure.  He said league and CL are what they want, the cups don’t mean much.  You hear that enough as a player and it subconsciously sinks in.  Mou on the other hand has taken them all serious since he came here.  I don’t like mou but hand it to him he realizes any silverware will galvanize a team.

look up the Poch quotes, it’s sad.

25 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Credit moyes that double change sending on chicharito and lanzini gave them the attack they needed and now a goal to level.

moyes has taken arbautovic to another level, he’s scoring at will for them.  More than he did at stoke it seems.

I'v always like Arnautovic and was happy when we were linked with him. I think he would have done well here. It's hard to look good at Stoke...

10 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think he has been great as a striker. In fairness to Moyes it was a really good decision. He has almost won them games on his own.

Far better player to Bolasie imo

Moyes player all day long.  6ft 4 lump who can control/hold up a ball operating as a hybrid midfielder/forward in the mode of Cahill/Fellaini.   Perfect moyes player. 

Not for me. Got skills and very effective on his day. 

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

Moyes player all day long.  6ft 4 lump who can control/hold up a ball operating as a hybrid midfielder/forward in the mode of Cahill/Fellaini.   Perfect moyes player. 

Agree with this.  He can also disappear out of games far more frequently than Lukaku ever did.

16 hours ago, hafnia said:

Yeh I wouldnt want him here, but its worked far better than I would have thought.

13 hours ago, johnh said:

Agree with this.  He can also disappear out of games far more frequently than Lukaku ever did.

I always thought exactly the same when he was played wide but though the middle his mind seems to stay on the game a lot more.

Massive results this weekend. Stoke down after going ahead, Brighton beating Uts, West Brom beating Spurs to keep them in with a chance and also threaten Spurs' CL place. Swansea losing, and other wins leaving it between West Brom, Soton, Huddersfield and them for the last drop.

Massive game tomorrow for Chelsea for the CL place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...