IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

55 minutes ago, Matt said:

Mata goal diallowsed after VAR, bizarre decision. Two good goals from Rom to take him to 21 goals so far this season, in February. 

He's got 12 prem goals. Just  2 more than Rooney has for us. 11 behind Harry Kane.... I don't think he's having a great season tbh.  Doing his flat track bully act to a tee. 

12 hours ago, hafnia said:

He's got 12 prem goals. Just  2 more than Rooney has for us. 11 behind Harry Kane.... I don't think he's having a great season tbh.  Doing his flat track bully act to a tee. 

I don’t think he has had great service to be honest 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

He's got 5x more assists. Playing for the team unlike Harry hit and hope Kane who has a single assist. 

Kane has scored or assisted in 13 games. Whereas Lukaku has contributed in 15, and in a less attacking team. When Mourinho won the league with Chelsea Lampard was their top scorer on 13 goals. 

Pretty sure Haf dismissed Owen in the past for scoring a hattrick one game then none for the next 3, well Kane is in that bracket. 

34 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He's got 5x more assists. Playing for the team unlike Harry hit and hope Kane who has a single assist. 

Kane has scored or assisted in 13 games. Whereas Lukaku has contributed in 15, and in a less attacking team. When Mourinho won the league with Chelsea Lampard was their top scorer on 13 goals. 

Pretty sure Haf dismissed Owen in the past for scoring a hattrick one game then none for the next 3, well Kane is in that bracket. 

Ffs give it up on the Harry Kane criticisms it's beyond hilarity now. Lukaku has 4 more assists - so fuckin what.  Assist stats are a joke. One of his assists from memory was a simple 4 yard side ways pass to martial who rattled it in from 30 yards - essentially he was the last person to touch it before the goalscorer.  Pienaar had low assists for us but played critical parts in goals he never got the penultimate touch  for. 

One season wonder kane you said.... still wouldn't have him in our side no?  The lad is the complete centre forward. He's breaking records.... must just be really lucky with those hit and hope shots.  Tell me.... was Beckham just hit and hope with his free kicks or do you think it was practice paying dividends? Because from what I gather from Kane he's worked his balls off and continues to do so left and right foot. Extra hours shooting practice..... sorry i mean hit and hope practice. I wonder if he gets more lucky the more often he practices. 

I was laughed at for saying I would have firminio over lukaku. Not so hilarious now is it.  

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Well if by service you mean - "ball is played to an unmarked lukaku in the box" then maybe that hasn't happened enough times for him. Just like it doesn't for pretty much all strikers.

The issue is this - he has been wasteful at times and has been expected to do a bit more than just wait for the ball to arrive at his feet. 

The lad is essentially a penalty box finisher like Micky Quinn or Kevin Phillips. 

The general consensus with United fans is that he is out of his depth.  Someone made a great post about him.... they likened his signing as being as though Alex Ferguson signed John Hartson instead of dwight yorke when Brian Kidd suggested it..... "he's not man United!"

Everything I said about his season has pretty much turned out as I predicted.... shockingly bad against top 6 (£20 bet with pad looks safe).... goals against lower teams bumping up his stats. He's too slow and sloppy in his play.... mourinho by signing Sanchez will probably be going to the 433 that man city and Liverpool use with 3 footballing forwards. Martial Sanchez and rashford the likely candidates. 

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

As much as I agree, you’re both as bad as each other :lol:

Not really. Lukaku has flattered to deceive... started all guns blazing till he played against decent defenders - then he revealed himself and 

Look at Kane against decent defenders- even when games are tight and he's man marked and doubled up on - he works them.... he pressures them and as a result the spurs midfielders can advance. 

47 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Imagine moaning your striker doesn't score against the top 6 when you set up for nil nils... 

Imagine moaning at your striker when you pay £90m for him and he can't hold up the ball... misses the 1 or 2 chances you get in a top level game but supplements his 1 in 2 ratio against teams that are lower level at a stage when the game is already over. 

I think Rio Ferdinand gave the apt critique of Rom.  He just doesn't do enough. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Not really. Lukaku has flattered to deceive... started all guns blazing till he played against decent defenders - then he revealed himself and 

Look at Kane against decent defenders- even when games are tight and he's man marked and doubled up on - he works them.... he pressures them and as a result the spurs midfielders can advance. 

You absolutely are.

44 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Imagine moaning at your striker when you pay £90m for him and he can't hold up the ball... misses the 1 or 2 chances you get in a top level game but supplements his 1 in 2 ratio against teams that are lower level at a stage when the game is already over. 

I think Rio Ferdinand gave the apt critique of Rom.  He just doesn't do enough. 

Lukaku has contributed goals/assists in more games than Kane and plays in a less attacking team. 

Kane missed sitters against us and scored from a shit cross. World class him. Says a lot when you remember each miss of Lukaku's, highlights how rare they are and how clinical he tends to be. 

40 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

What a result for Rochdale. 

What an ending! I started cooking after Spurs went ahead and initially thought the 2-2 scoreline on the beeb website was a mistake; brilliant result. How are they bottom of Div 1? They looked better than us today (not difficult admittedly).