IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

agreed, i think they will both have it locked.  romey's favorite man Pardew might be the other one to take the final relegation team down.

Would definitely not think any of the bottom three are locked cuz there are some other sides really struggling, but I can't see any way in hell that those three squads at the bottom will outperform us by 7+ points for the remainder of the season. The 6 pointers against West Brom, Stoke, and Swansea will be huge though just to get some distance. Drawing those games won't be a great result, but losing would be absolutely terrible and a quick way to drag ourselves back into the shit. 

Carvalho is a shit appointment with a shit squad, Stoke has some good and parts to its squad... I'm guessing its aged a bit and Hughes ran out of ideas, not sure Lambert's the guy to turn things around but maybe they have enough. WBA know how to play one way right now and that's the Pulis way. Pardew needs a few creative signings and to hope they gel quickly or go on a huge run in March-May. 

Regardless, Brighton are slowly hitting a wall and seem to struggle in the final third while Rafa has a job on his hands at Newcastle and will no doubt continue to struggle because of the lack of support. Huddy seem to go on runs of 2-3 great results and then get battered for 2-3 times, so we will see. 

Bournemouth can beat anyone by three and lose to anyone by three. I think they'll get enough wins to remain above some of the utter dross below them but next summer will be crucial for them to recruit right and improve.

Southampton are absolute shite and are probably the team down there that needed to sack the manager most but haven't... If that clown remains in charge, I very much see them joining two others in the Championship next year.

Palace, us, West Ham, Watford should stay up, in my opinion. 

If I had to guess: Swansea go down, one of WBA and Stoke save themselves while the other goes down, Southampton or Brighton get pulled down.

Gun to my head bottom three: Swansea, Stoke, Southampton.

42 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

Would definitely not think any of the bottom three are locked cuz there are some other sides really struggling, but I can't see any way in hell that those three squads at the bottom will outperform us by 7+ points for the remainder of the season. The 6 pointers against West Brom, Stoke, and Swansea will be huge though just to get some distance. Drawing those games won't be a great result, but losing would be absolutely terrible and a quick way to drag ourselves back into the shit. 

Carvalho is a shit appointment with a shit squad, Stoke has some good and parts to its squad... I'm guessing its aged a bit and Hughes ran out of ideas, not sure Lambert's the guy to turn things around but maybe they have enough. WBA know how to play one way right now and that's the Pulis way. Pardew needs a few creative signings and to hope they gel quickly or go on a huge run in March-May. 

Regardless, Brighton are slowly hitting a wall and seem to struggle in the final third while Rafa has a job on his hands at Newcastle and will no doubt continue to struggle because of the lack of support. Huddy seem to go on runs of 2-3 great results and then get battered for 2-3 times, so we will see. 

Bournemouth can beat anyone by three and lose to anyone by three. I think they'll get enough wins to remain above some of the utter dross below them but next summer will be crucial for them to recruit right and improve.

Southampton are absolute shite and are probably the team down there that needed to sack the manager most but haven't... If that clown remains in charge, I very much see them joining two others in the Championship next year.

If I had to guess: Swansea go down, one of WBA and Stoke save themselves while the other goes down, Southampton or Brighton get pulled down.

good thoughts there, here's mine

swans are just completely lacking in talent, carvalho doesn't strike me as a guy to keep them up, i think they've been on a relegation course from the minute they sold gylfi.

stoke i think are a shit squad too, it's half pulis type players (charlie adam, steven ireland, crouch) and the other half hughes signings which i would characterize as a hodge podge of european has-beens or could have beens.  Jese, shaqiri, bojan, etc.

brighton don't have real quality but somehow hughton has them playing together and scrapping and grabbing points here and there.  i can see one ok signing this window and them staying up.

newcastle are shit but i just think swans and stoke are more shit.

west brom has a couple decent player they just need to get a striker if they want to stay up, rondon and kanu don't cut it.  i think pardew could keep them up i was just messing with romey cause he hates pardew :)

bournemouth aren't going down, eddie howe the blue one will keep them up and i'm predicting top half finish.

soton are paying the price for the managerial go around.  they let koeman go for the buyout to us (he was doing fine there), got puel who got them to a cup final, and they fire him?  worst decision they could have made, he's doing fine with leicester.  their defense is pretty rough, and their midfield is weak, decent attacking players (redmond, long, austin, tadic, gabbadiani) but no cohesion.  i think pellegrino has lost the dressing room.

i'd love to see soton go down cause i'd love to grab redmond off them.  but i think it will definately be stoke and swans, maybe between soton, brom and newcastle for the 3rd spot.

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

not mistaken you are correct, although i'm not enamored with Pep (at Barca, Bayern or City).

I think Burnley and Leicester will certainly finish above Bournemouth given their point total and the way they are playing (Though Burnley are on a bad run of form)

That leaves Bournemouth needing to finish above 2 of us, West Ham, and Palace, all of which are either playing better than Bournemouth or have more talented squads

3 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

I think Burnley and Leicester will certainly finish above Bournemouth given their point total and the way they are playing (Though Burnley are on a bad run of form)

That leaves Bournemouth needing to finish above 2 of us, West Ham, and Palace, all of which are either playing better than Bournemouth or have more talented squads

i picked bournemouth to finish 7th preseason :rofl: thought defoe was gonna be the missing piece and Ake would help solidfy that backline like he did last year.  i missed the mark.  still holding out hope for Eddie, i'm an optimist not rational

1 hour ago, Quinn31 said:

I wouldn't disagree with any of that although I would reserve judgement over WBA until after the weekend!

14 minutes ago, johnh said:

Team travelled down to Devon and got within 10 minutes of the ground only to be told they had called it off.

It's certainly been very moist down here for the last week or so John, floods (nothing drastic just roads really) have mostly receded but the fields are sodden. Sorry this should be in the Russia World Cup thread:D.