IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

The gulf in class yesterday between City and United was almost as big as the gulf in class between us and Liverpool. 

United were playing at home as well and City should have knocked 4 or 5 past them. 

United should have been battered by Arsenal the week before as well. I think he might be living a charmed life if they don't close that gap with City.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

From the beeb on West Ham's penalty..

Not a stone waller

Stoke City 0-1 West Ham

You can see why Graham Scott has given that with Pieters diving in but at the same time Lanzini goes down a fraction of a second before the contact.

Must be a retrospective ban then?

:lol: 

As if. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Looks like Moyes will be responsible for another manager getting the sack for a change. 

Who would Stoke appoint? The only British merry go round manager left available is Pulis, and obviously they aren't bringing him back. 

They'd have to appoint a Championship manager or someone from abroad or some relic. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Is anyone still have any doubts that Pep is the best 'big club' manager around?

Id love to see him at a club with limited resources but even without Silva his side smash Spurs 4-1 a week after playing Utd off the park.

I don’t like his ego and personality but can’t argue with his coaching and tactics.  They could be the new invincibles.  Sane looks like a hell of a player.

13 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Who would Stoke appoint? The only British merry go round manager left available is Pulis, and obviously they aren't bringing him back. 

They'd have to appoint a Championship manager or someone from abroad or some relic. 

I don't know and I don't care to be honest. They're a nothing club.

18 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I don’t like his ego and personality but can’t argue with his coaching and tactics.  They could be the new invincibles.  Sane looks like a hell of a player.

I think he is just very intense and believes in himself completely. I get the feeling he would talk about football all day every day if he could.

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

There wasn’t any venom at all. Not sure why you think that. 

My bad - realized I was quoting you to begin with so you weren't just knocking Stoke out of the blue, but rather responding to me - apologies.

On a serious note, I would be eager to see who they appoint given that they are one of the primary offenders who would look to appoint one of the same old names. To your point, yeah, they are a largely indistinguishable club who've done nothing other than consolidate themselves as a Premier League regular who will finish 9th-14th whose biggest accomplishment was a cup final. 

11 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

My bad - realized I was quoting you to begin with so you weren't just knocking Stoke out of the blue, but rather responding to me - apologies.

On a serious note, I would be eager to see who they appoint given that they are one of the primary offenders who would look to appoint one of the same old names. To your point, yeah, they are a largely indistinguishable club who've done nothing other than consolidate themselves as a Premier League regular who will finish 9th-14th whose biggest accomplishment was a cup final. 

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they go back to Pulis. He’s still good friends with the chairman. 

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they go back to Pulis. He’s still good friends with the chairman. 

And we Evertonians like to feel bad for ourselves... 

Wouldn't be a terrible move if it was a contract until the end of the season, but I'd be fuming as a Stoke fan if it was any longer.

On another positive, that turd Pardew has yet to get West Brom playing...

On 16/12/2017 at 16:41, MikeO said:

From the beeb on West Ham's penalty..

Not a stone waller

Stoke City 0-1 West Ham

You can see why Graham Scott has given that with Pieters diving in but at the same time Lanzini goes down a fraction of a second before the contact.

Must be a retrospective ban then?

He's been charged.

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Even if they could they won’t. Why? English. Golden boys. 

Over here there's a "review commission" that can impose bans even if the referee only gave a yellow.  

3935543610.jpg

Stuff like this would definitely be "reviewed"..   

I don't follow Tottenham at all, but even I have seen numerous tackles by Alli that are unacceptable.  

644397798.jpg  ETC...

1 hour ago, holystove said:

Over here there's a "review commission" that can impose bans even if the referee only gave a yellow.  

3935543610.jpg

Stuff like this would definitely be "reviewed"..   

I don't follow Tottenham at all, but even I have seen numerous tackles by Alli that are unacceptable.  

644397798.jpg  ETC...

Ali is a horrible little cunt. These tackles of his are deliberate because he's a snide little bastard. 

He's got away with them before and he will again.