IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Palace and Watford into extra time......got no real preference on who wins, but the Watford loan players situation annoys me a bit so leaning toward Palace.

I've been following events on (Millwall) House of Fun, should be fun now, as the final whistle has gone and Crystal Palace got a 1 - 0 win. People can register and have a look themselves - but good luck with that

Was all a bit indifferent also to who won, but well done to CPFC today for their success and promotion to the EPL.

Perfect send-off to Kevin Philips on his retirement at nearly 40 years of age. Strange to have them back once more.

Holloway hasn't even been linked with the vacant managers job here. He's done some good things, and look at today, and certainly no worse than half of the names that have been thrown around recently. Has got results and been recognized, and today was just another example. He wasn't even mentioned for the Moyes position ? Could do worse than bring him in.

Holloway hasn't even been linked with the vacant managers job here. He's done some good things, and look at today, and certainly no worse than half of the names that have been thrown around recently. Has got results and been recognized, and today was just another example. He wasn't even mentioned for the Moyes position ? Could do worse than bring him in.

completely agree...

I'm glad Palace got to the Premiership, I had no real preference over who went up but I don't like Elton John so edged away from Watford.

Agreed, i wasn't keen on Watford coming up with all those loans, thats a crazy way to do things, although Foresteri(not sure if thats right) seen him a few times this season and does look a decent player, i think he is one of the only non loanees. Well done to Palace though, much the better team yesterday, and Holloway knows roughly whats needed to stay in the league. I have to say though im not a massive fan of Zaha, he's all a bit of a non event for me, anyway Moyes will soon have his legs tied together with a piece of rope, screaming in his ear " I want non of that dribbling nonsense here laddy, cut it out)

Well done to Palace,and Cardiff and Hull

I think both Hull & Palace need to seriously splash the promotion cash in order to stay up.

Yeah defo mate, ive seen a fair bit of the championship this season, and out of the 3 CP have the weakest squad, but Hull play the worst football. All the teams that have come up have reasonable amounts of backing behind them though.

Edited by Simon

Yeah defo mate, ive seen a fair bit of the championship this season, and out of the 3 CP have the weakest squad, but Hull play the worst football. All the teams that have come up have reasonable amounts of backing behind them though.

QPR proved that that way of going about things doesn't work. If any of them are to survive they need to spend their budget accurately on players that can help them stay up - not 12 mercenaries who can't play together.

I'm tipping both Hull & Palace to drop next year. I think Cardiff City will actually do alright and get a solid bottom-half finish.

Guest blueboy122

I hate how every man and his dog rims Zaha.

Before the game I thought he was hugely overrated and after I still think the same. He looks stupid when tries to be Ronaldo looks like an elephant trying to do skills most of the time he lost the ball or the defender just took it off and looked at him as if he was an idiot, good pace and a good athlete but thats all I saw.

Got a lot of learning to do.

I think he's going to be another Welbeck. Very over-rated and nowhere near good enough for a Top 6 team, he will probably get a few goals for United next season but nowhere near enough to warrant a Starting XI spot each week.

Edited by Zoo

Fellaini been disappointing again imo. I really hope he doesn't start in the qualifiers. Witsel is the only one who's a nailed on starter in midfield probably. That leaves Fellaini, Dembele, Defour, Chadli and De Bruyne for the other two starting spots. However De Bruyne will probably be starting on the wing, Chadli will probably be on the bench. I'd go for Defour and Dembele.

Lovely goal. Beautiful touch by De Bruyne as well. Belgium have a hell of a team. Their depth is incredible.

He really is incredible, gonna be world class. Apparently Dortmund wanted to buy him, but he's probably going to Leverkusen on loan if Chelsea get Schürrle. We were sorta linked to him while still at Genk (http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/20710-kevin-de-bruyne/?hl=bruyne) and we really should have moved for him. It's hard to say because of the level he's been playing at (Genk and the lower regions of the Bundesliga, where he got 10 goals and 9 assists for Werder btw) but to me he's got potential similar to Hazard. I would play him as a central midfielder rather than a winger (where our national team coach plays him most of the time) though.

Mirallas has got to be played behind the striker so much more next season, he's a quality finisher.

He played on the wing yesterday though, he was just drifting around a bit. I think if we play him on the left wing, he'll be able to get into more scoring positions as well. Mirallas on the left, a new guy on the right (a winger who's actually at his best on the right) and Pienaar in the middle behind a striker (as his short combination play is his best quality imo) is what I'd prefer next season.