IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Copa de Rey ending in chaos....Ronaldo red card (after Mourinho sent to the stands earlier), handbags on the bench and the Atletico 'keeper hit by something thrown from the crowd.

Looking like Atletico will hold on though.....first win over Real for many years (since 1999) if they do.

I'm kind of pleased in a sense that MUFC didn't get a win today, and it's got nothing to do with Ferguson or his last game, but it does little to componsate what else occured around the country today. At least some much disliked sides like Liverpool or West Ham got victories, it was only wins and no significant victories that made a whole lot of difference. But once again, one of the most disappointing last weekend of games I could recall in recent years. This does of course, signal the end of the league season, and for the benefit of my health, maybe it's not such a bad thing.

are you kidding me. It was 5 - 2 to Manchester about five minutes ago, but what a result and game for all involved.

Yes confirmed on 5 Live, they shared ten goals, what a last game for Ferguson today.

No-one could have expected that today

You thought Zoo was lyingrofl.gif ?

(I don't trust him eithershaking%20fist.png)

They haven't had a league finish in the top three since 1990 ?

Don't recall any such place in recent years, has to be fourth or fifth at best.

Didn't really care less who got the champions league place out of them and Arsenal, no fan of either , although to word it better, was aware the latter got that achievement. Yeovil won the third division play off today also, and with it a place in the championship league ? No real shock waves, but it's a decent achievement for them for a club in non-league soccer only in recent years.

Didn't really care less who got the champions league place out of them and Arsenal, no fan of either , although to word it better, was aware the latter got that achievement. Yeovil won the third division play off today also, and with it a place in the championship league ? No real shock waves, but it's a decent achievement for them for a club in non-league soccer only in recent years.

Yes. Yeovil Town won the League One play-off which means they will now be playing in the Championship.

Yes. Yeovil Town won the League One play-off which means they will now be playing in the Championship.

Only forty miles away from me so another promotion next season would give me a great away game in 14/15! Either that or our own impending and inevitable relegation.

Won't be holding my breath though.

Used to be famous (for those too young to remember) for the slope on their pitch in their old ground, one touchline was eight feet lower than the other.

It's now a Tescos.....they probably flattened out the slope in the interests of trolley safetytongue.png.

Which was the ground that had the advertising boards pretty much on the touchline? I know this might seem a bizarre question but I remember my Dad telling me that he was watching Everton away at a lower league opponent in the cup and the players were unable to sprint full speed at the wings for fear of crashing into the poles that held up the stands - just wondering if anyone could shed some light on it.

I'm glad Yeovil are in the Championship though, I think we could do them home and away when we are scrapping for our lives in the second tier and claim a valuable six points.

Just seen that about Rodwell - what a fucking joke.

Jack has done nothing all season apart from lose City games and get injured. I had a mate in University who was a Manchester City fan and absolutely despised him. I was so glad when we got rid and to be called up to the England side just shows how out of touch Hodgson really is.

Score two goals for a top 4 club and suddenly you're good enough for the national team - it's pathetic.

Osman hasn't really done anything special since his last call-up. I'd still have him in there as a sub but I don't think he's at the stage where he can go to the World Cup and make a difference.

I agree but surely a big part of England selection should be how you perform for England, and he's done very well when he's had the chance.

I agree but surely a big part of England selection should be how you perform for England, and he's done very well when he's had the chance.

To an extent I agree but it's hard to enforce that given how few and far between England games are. If you play well for England on your debut but in-between your next cap score 12 own goals for your club and get sent off for shagging the referee's wife then I think you should be left out of the national team.

For me England should field the best players that are playing now. Which is why I'm out-raged that Rodwell is in the team and happy that Osman is left out.

Edited by Zoo