IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Chelsea's win at Villa is potentially (grasping at straws) helpful to us. If Spurs lose at Stoke tomorrow, which they have to for us to have any chance of catching them, then Chelsea are assured of Champions League so will be a bit more relaxed next Sunday.

At least a Stoke win, assuming we beat Wet Spam, would keep things alive going into the last game.

Chelsea's win at Villa is potentially (grasping at straws) helpful to us. If Spurs lose at Stoke tomorrow, which they have to for us to have any chance of catching them, then Chelsea are assured of Champions League so will be a bit more relaxed next Sunday.

At least a Stoke win, assuming we beat Wet Spam, would keep things alive going into the last game.

They're 6 points ahead of Spurs, and have a 17 + better goal difference Mike.

They're 6 points ahead of Spurs, and have a 17 + better goal difference Mike.

Overlooked the GD; Spurs winning their last two by twelve clear goals while we put six past Chelsea is unlikely I grant youunsure.png.

Mathematically speaking I made a good point....sort ofsad.png.

Watson (90). Wigan lead.

I'm actually happy. I can't stand Wigan Athletic but at least they are still a football club. City are ruining football in my eyes so to see them go a season trophy less makes me ecstatic.

Edited by Zoo

Robbie Savage..

"I'm close to the Man City camp and I was shocked when I heard the rumours about Roberto Mancini's future.

"I think there's now more pressure on Mancini because he's lost the trophy today, but I believe he will be there next season. That's what I've heard. But today has put a huge dent in him going forward.

"I think he deserves another year, one more crack, and being able to spend more money on better players. The thing that's cost Mancini is the players bought in the summer. Poor players."

I wouldn't employ him to write a football column for "The Beano," why the f'ck he's an ever present on BBC TV, radio and web is completely beyond me....the man's a complete knob.

As it was mentioned, it should of been us today, beat Wigan at home, get past an average Millwall side in the semi-finals, but Moyes in the final event ? Wouldn't have got very far. Got to give WAFC plaudits again, that was a real surprise result and more power to them, but still not enough once again to convince that Martinez is the name to take us forward. Biggest cup final upset in 25 years and great achievement for a club side in fourth division soccer obscurity some 15 years ago, but even Wimbledon came from nowhere to have their greatest day.

It's no fucking surprise is it. Be real pleased when this season's done with once again. Teams and club sides you either don't like or doing well or getting results at our expense and causing anger and irritation. I didn't think we were ever quite going to do it and today may just about confirm it, at least after that, there can be no argument.