IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Glad we have a month before we face Arsenal, going forward the only thing they are struggling to do is get past Mignolet more often. Unless Fellaini is deep we will have no chance of stopping Wilshire, Walcott, and Carzola from running riot.

Only 1 up atm, hopefully all the wasted chances (I say wasted, the truth us Mignolet is having a worldie) will come back to haunt them. Chelsea also winning. Can we label United away as a must win?

Wanted a Swansea player as they play twice, went with De Guzman as he was on form. 4 goals and he didn't have a sniff in any shaking fist.png.

Only just put the Soton game on than they're 1 up :). Hopefully City drop points and ease the pressure on United, so that utd feel less inclined to focus on our game.

Edited by pete0

A Hart howler! He fluffed a simple save from a Lambert shot and, after he let the ball through his legs, Davis came in to tuck the ball home.

Oh dear, oh dear. That was a really bad piece of keeping from Hart. Lambert hit a low ball at goal from a tight angle. The thing is wet and the surface is skiddy but that should have been simple. Davis was alert enough to come sliding in and toe-poke the ball into the net.

It's 2-0 now to Southampton and by the sounds of things Hart is to blame who has been really poor this season. Hopefully they can hang on for the win - lovely.

Edited by Zoo

Southampton deserved to be 2 ahead, City have been largely kept at bay with only the odd counter attack to threaten. Dzecko was very lucky with his goal mishitting a simple tap in looping it around the keeper and into the far side of the goal.

Second half kicked off 2 mins ago, and GET IN! Soton have just got another :). Gareth Barry with a stinker of an own goal, no one around him stubs the ball into his own net.

Not wanting to bring it up but if Manchester United beat us tomorrow and go 12 points clear that surely the title done and dusted. Manchester City fluffed it because they have no experiance with being in front but I think United will be almost impossible to catch with such a wide margin.

Good to see Southampton beating them though and even funnier that Barry's own goal seems to be a crazy one.

A most unpleasant day for soccer action from all that I can ascertain. Teams I don't like had victories but there's no sense in getting upset. There's no chance in hell of watching any highlights this night. All we need now is a shite win with West Bromwich Albion tomorrow and it'll be a full house of an awful week for action.

Not wanting to bring it up but if Manchester United beat us tomorrow and go 12 points clear that surely the title done and dusted. Manchester City fluffed it because they have no experiance with being in front but I think United will be almost impossible to catch with such a wide margin.

Good to see Southampton beating them though and even funnier that Barry's own goal seems to be a crazy one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y08jvVRl02s

Can't post in the MUFC game thread and getting irritated, but today at least Aston Villa had a win over West Ham and I was pleased enough.

I hope the Birmingham side survives, and think they will, as the EPL just wouldn't be the same without them, and maybe that will motivate the players and they can take this on into further games.

Can't post in the MUFC game thread and getting irritated, but today at least Aston Villa had a win over West Ham and I was pleased enough.

I hope the Birmingham side survives, and think they will, as the EPL just wouldn't be the same without them, and maybe that will motivate the players and they can take this on into further games.

It's not like you to get irritated Dalziel. What ever could be the matter? doh.gif

Quit with the flippant remarks son

There was some difficulties earlier today, elaborated upon in another thread piece.

I don't like West Ham and enjoy it when they get beaten. I hope they suffer another relegation damn it.

All said, it's been a (largely) poor weekend for soccer action - but look at the fucking time - this is doing me no favors.

What an incompetent twat Jon Moss is, just gave Suarez a pen for being a crying arse. Absolute fucking joker, gave everything Liverpool's way this game. Is he a kopite because he gives fuck all as well? Foster saves Gerrard's pen, no where near justice served though.

EDIT: Get in WBA score 0-1.

Edited by pete0