IGNORED

Vaunt the Good Vibes

pete0

All the best mate. Hope the speech goes OK!

Can't remember much about mine, not because I was pissed but it was so long ago. Not much money about then, our reception was a ham salad in Batley Park Cafe!

Honeymoon in Southport. Made up for it since though, we have had holidays in places like Skegness and Bridlington. :rofl:

Sitting on the river front at Interlaken. Utterly stunning part of the world, even by Swiss standards

Just finished putting down membrane and seventeen bags of gravel at the side of the house, and it's hot. Completely fucked.

Not at all jealous :shaking fist:.

Can't remember much about mine, not because I was pissed but it was so long ago. Not much money about then, our reception was a ham salad in Batley Park Cafe!

Honeymoon in Southport. Made up for it since though, we have had holidays in places like Skegness and Bridlington. :rofl:

Our reception was here https://www.bickleighmill.com/. Only about thirty people there and everyone paid for their own food because we were skint, "honeymoon" was one night in a hotel about a mile from home. Wasn't really interested in a big do and (luckily) neither was the wife :).

Sat in 33 degrees heat at the apartment bar in Tenerife with a cold pint in hand. Planning a proper football day tomorrow. Pub by 12:30, bite to eat, Everton vs Chelsea and then Arsenal vs Liverpool washed down with pints of San Miguel for €1.50. Life's good. My 6 week of summer is closely coming to an end unfortunately!!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.paulplowman.com/stuff/house-address-twins-proximity/

what the shortest distance was between two Address Twins – houses with the same number and the same street-name

I know probably not the right thread but I love that this guy spent hours looking something up that is unbelievably trivial; it actually makes me happy.

39 minutes ago, holystove said:

what the shortest distance was between two Address Twins – houses with the same number and the same street-name

I know probably not the right thread but I love that this guy spent hours looking something up that is unbelievably trivial; it actually makes me happy.

Used to go the Takeaways on that road, never paid much attention to the street numbers though. That would make a great research project for students to learn about sifting through shed loads of data. 

When I lived in Leeds, our house was in Cardigan Lane, Headingley.   There was a 'continuation' of Cardigan Lane but for some unknown reason it was 2 miles away in Kirkstall.  This always caused problems but can't remember if the house numbers clashed also.  Once had an Uncle who lived in London who visited us.  He got a taxi from the train station and asked for 'Cardigan Lane'.  He couldn't find our house and phoned for help.  My Dad sent me on the 2 mile hike to rescue him.

2 hours ago, johnh said:

When I lived in Leeds, our house was in Cardigan Lane, Headingley.   There was a 'continuation' of Cardigan Lane but for some unknown reason it was 2 miles away in Kirkstall.  This always caused problems but can't remember if the house numbers clashed also.  Once had an Uncle who lived in London who visited us.  He got a taxi from the train station and asked for 'Cardigan Lane'.  He couldn't find our house and phoned for help.  My Dad sent me on the 2 mile hike to rescue him.

Just looked that up on Google maps, weird; it becomes Ashville Road then you have to do a quick left/right along Cardigan Road to "rejoin" it.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Cardigan+Ln,+Leeds+LS4+2LN/@53.8116096,-1.5785704,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x48795eb58dd7bc93:0x1c7dc33978121e04!8m2!3d53.8099562!4d-1.57989

8 hours ago, holystove said:

This is brilliant work!

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Just looked that up on Google maps, weird; it becomes Ashville Road then you have to do a quick left/right along Cardigan Road to "rejoin" it.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Cardigan+Ln,+Leeds+LS4+2LN/@53.8116096,-1.5785704,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x48795eb58dd7bc93:0x1c7dc33978121e04!8m2!3d53.8099562!4d-1.57989

Mike, if you go another two inches up on the map, following Cardigan Road, you come to Headingley Cricket Ground.

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Love Google Maps/streetview, this is the house I was born in (with red & white cars in drive).

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5329973,-0.4837934,3a,37.5y,217.72h,85.73t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPEkAe4wA92ZQJf3bPw-qvQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

You posh bar steward.   I was born in a shed, or could have been a cardboard box and we had gravel for breakfast and..................................................

16 minutes ago, johnh said:

You posh bar steward.   I was born in a shed, or could have been a cardboard box and we had gravel for breakfast and..................................................

:D

I love it, to be clear I was actually born in that house (as was my big bro), not born in hospital and taken home after. We're going up in the near future, majority of my mum's ashes we've put with my dad on a hill in the Mendips but we've kept a bit back (probably about an arms worth)  to put on her dad's grave in Hampton. He died when she was five but she expressed a desire to be reunited with him before she died, it took a fair bit of research to find where he was because she knew nothing. We're going to go to her granddads house where she grew up in Acton, grave in Hampton, mum and dads first house in Uxbridge (as above) and then the house we were brought up in in Guildford as a final farewell. We'll probably get arrested for loitering more than once but it'll be a good day:P.

On 8/21/2017 at 13:23, MikeO said:

I agree, stunningly beautiful; I think more so than Devon in fact (Exmoor/Dartmoor aside). I'm not a fan of Cornwall though (sorry Steve).

Devon and Dorset are for the polite afternoon cricket, scones and tea crowd. Cornwall's for the wild, eccentric, rule-breaking types who can't wait to experience the next storm force gale.

23 hours ago, MikeO said:

Love Google Maps/streetview, this is the house I was born in (with red & white cars in drive).

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5329973,-0.4837934,3a,37.5y,217.72h,85.73t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPEkAe4wA92ZQJf3bPw-qvQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Here's the church in Cornwall where I was christened. Amazingly, it was built about 1,000 years ago. My aunt and uncle are buried in the churchyard. My brother was born not 100 yards from there. I should have been born in Cornwall, but I was a difficult and premature birth, and the only hospital was in Plymouth, Devon. Of course, I never hear the end of this from my brother. :)

When I was 7, one of my cousins asked me to play the organ at her wedding. Every Sunday afternoon, I'd get the key to this church and practise on its organ. It was once powered by choirboys manually operating bellows but had been upgraded to be powered by an electric motor. Still, it took quite some pressure to push down the keys. I'll never forget the sense of wonder hearing air rushing through the organ pipes. I was quite short for my age and couldn't reach the pedals - except by doing a dance on them.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Saint+Marys+Sheviock/@50.373079,-4.293766,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1s120926931!2e1!3e10!6s%2F%2Flh3.googleusercontent.com%2Fproxy%2FLaXIun2IwNM4lJcson9McUgm56ulA0fFBXItcsjacon-yNo-0VgqVc31kOo1NA4uBDHMHdNiyuck2Sb61YeB_S-bsA-wbgI%3Dw203-h152-k-no!7i3648!8i2736!4m8!1m2!2m1!1ssheviock+church!3m4!1s0x486c90e76890f149:0x9d8eb7642a2fba2c!8m2!3d50.3731121!4d-4.2933801

Getting hitched in the morning.

Engaged for a few years but decided 5 weeks ago to "just do it". Stressful few weeks but we've nailed it (here's hoping).

Treating the family to a long weekend in Anglesey immediately after the ceremony (not having a formal reception).

Boys in bed, H staying out and I've had to watch (parts) of that shambles. Luckily I'm alone so I've not been publicly embarrassed.

Kept it relatively quiet and intimate. 

Just need some prayers for good weather ? all welcome to assist aha.