IGNORED

The Rocky Road to Poland

Louis

Eire got to their first Euro championships since 1988 this year and good luck to them I say. I don't think we're in any chance of seeing a shock winner here a la Denmark 1992 or Greece 2004 but they could surprise one or two people

Dublins O Connell' Street should be heaving this summer when the action's underway, should be some atmosphere etc.

Guest Nikica

Yeah, fair play to them, you have to credit any country making a major tournament, especially one as small as Eire. Their football is absolutely dire though. From a neutral perspective I'd much rather see the likes of Belgium or Serbia in there.

You're taking the piss (unless I misunderstand) about Ireland singing "You'll never beat the Irish". Because many teams do beat the Irish.

We sing, "...we're by far the greatest team..." when we're actually not the greatest team that the World has ever seen.

It's just a song.

You just have to love the Irish don't you. Well apart from that slacker Ian C who doesn't do his shift in here. rofl.gif

I really liked that song though, it is not the best song I have heard, but they are footballers not singers I can't think of any footy songs that are better.

It is a good bit if fun, and something to cheer up the fans. (And make money for charity)

I am going to listen to it again....... (You'll Never Beat The Irish, You'll Never Beat The Irish,You'll Never Beat The Irish)

Guest blueboy122

You're taking the piss (unless I misunderstand) about Ireland singing "You'll never beat the Irish". Because many teams do beat the Irish.

We sing, "...we're by far the greatest team..." when we're actually not the greatest team that the World has ever seen.

It's just a song.

What are you talking about?

I said it was a funny video and quoted the song....

Are you ok?

I honestly didn't know that Sheedy was actually born in Wales until some time after taking an interest in Everton, I just automatically assumed he was Irish born whenever I saw him play at International level, I'll take whatever rotten fruit is available but I won't lie about it.

Best soccer tourney song I ever heard was 'Back Home' by the English World Cup squad in 1970, it's actually very good.

Worst,- that covers a lot of ground,- maybe - 'I have a dream' by Scotland in 1982, or the one with Germany in 1994 they did with the Village People. dry.png

• 4 weeks later...

Source material was Informer by Snow, a minor hit about 20 years ago for anyone in the dark, recognized it straight away

I listened to less than half of it, which was enough - not really one for soccer songs. Apart from their music 'talents', I hope they do well this summer and surprise some people, you'd expect U2 and Bono to put something together in time for the start and be involved on behalf of the country and I do believe they will even offer analysis for the BBC as part of the tournament I read somewhere..