IGNORED

Manager of the year?

For me there is no way that a manager who finishes in 17th position should even be considered as manager of the year. Regardless of what the team is.

Especially when he assembled that awful team himself.

Calm down fellas it was tongue in cheek! Probably should have used a smiley! shaking%20fist.png

Lambert should win, and I think he just may take the award. I'm expecting a really tough game at the weekend, and you will see for yourselves what a good job he has done over there. Pardew has also done very well but I feel it's a choice between City and the Swansea manager. I'd be surprised if anyone else walks off with it.

Keeping Norwich up is a harder job, Swansea have a much better side.

Swansea have a better side than Norwich but it's still nothing compared to what the rest of the Premier League has. Considering the squad of players Swansea have they and Rogers have done a fantastic job. For me there should be no other real contenders for the award bar Redknapp for getting Spurs 4th and Sir Alex for winning the league.

What Norwich have done is the norm for clubs that come up, he has been told to keep Norwich up and has (nothing too special IMO).

It has to be Pardew then Rodgers a close second..

The job that Rodgers has done at Swansea has been terrific and the way in which they play with the players he has at his disposal is admirable.

I know that Pardew has had more money at his disposal compared to Rodgers but just look at the players he has brought in with it with the likes of Ben Arfa Cisse and co they have some very very good players and have fitted their system and squad perfectly, in a John Holmes esq way he saw a hole and filled it!

I would have never have had them down as doing so well pre season in saying that the same can be said of Swansea and Norwich.

Saying that scrap the above give it to king kenny the messiah the great white hope.....He gets My vote long may he reign!!

Edited by EFC-Paul

Swansea have a better side than Norwich but it's still nothing compared to what the rest of the Premier League has. Considering the squad of players Swansea have they and Rogers have done a fantastic job. For me there should be no other real contenders for the award bar Redknapp for getting Spurs 4th and Sir Alex for winning the league.

What Norwich have done is the norm for clubs that come up, he has been told to keep Norwich up and has (nothing too special IMO).

They have the same amount of points, Swansea have done it with better football, but Norwich haven't exactly played bad football. Lambert's is edging it for now, unless Rodgers can push Swansea to a top half finish.

They have the same amount of points, Swansea have done it with better football, but Norwich haven't exactly played bad football. Lambert's is edging it for now, unless Rodgers can push Swansea to a top half finish.

But Norwich automatically went up in second place, Swansea went through the playoffs so i think they've done better, plus they have beaten some of the top sides which Norwich haven't really done

But Norwich automatically went up in second place, Swansea went through the playoffs so i think they've done better, plus they have beaten some of the top sides which Norwich haven't really done

Norwich have done the double on Swansea this year. Moyes has beat some of the top teams this year and he should be nowhere near manager of the year.

Norwich have done the double on Swansea this year. Moyes has beat some of the top teams this year and he should be nowhere near manager of the year.

But Moyes wasn't managing everton in the championship last year.

Edited by mogsy

holt is like kevin davies..shite player who makes up for it by bein a thug

I second this.

I hate both Kevin Davies and Grant Holt with a passion because both of them are shit at football and are only still in their respected teams because they are moronic thugs. It's seen as being 'physical' to their teams managers and fans but in reality it's obvious that they're scumballs with no respect for the players around them. If we ever signed one of them I'd go down to BK's office and throw a brick through the window in rage.

I second this.

I hate both Kevin Davies and Grant Holt with a passion because both of them are shit at football and are only still in their respected teams because they are moronic thugs. It's seen as being 'physical' to their teams managers and fans but in reality it's obvious that they're scumballs with no respect for the players around them. If we ever signed one of them I'd go down to BK's office and throw a brick through the window in rage.

Kevin Davies was a top player early doors and has been very effective at what he does for years. He made his big move too early I think - never really made it at Blackburn when he cost them something like £8m. Look up his goal for Southampton against us - he wasn't always just the brute you make him out to be. As for Holt... 12 in the prem this season? He's certainly effective!

Maybe saying that they are shit at football was too far, I'll take back what I said. What I'm trying to say is that I disagree the way in which they go abou their business. Take Luis Suarez for example, he's scored 11 goals for Liverpool this season which isn't bad but because he's such a diving, cheating, horrible little bastard I'll never support him or acknowledge his achievements. It's the same with Grant Holt, he could score 30 goals a season for Norwich City but I'd still dislike him because of the way he goes about his business.

Kevin Davies is a little different, I only really remember him playing for Bolton Wanderers because of my youth so I'll take back what I said. It's just that nowadays he's pretty shit (due to his age) and he seems to only be able to match the younger lads in the game by elbowing them in the face.

Thing is these players are to Norwich and Bolton what Big Dunc is to us... maybe not as idolised but what you're saying is what opposing fans said for years about ferguson.

True regarding the opposing fans but Dunc had a character and a fierce personality which made people follow him not just Evertonians but those two lumps have nothing about them no character nothing just a pair of cavemen really.

True regarding the opposing fans but Dunc had a character and a fierce personality which made people follow him not just Evertonians but those two lumps have nothing about them no character nothing just a pair of cavemen really.

You could see the passion that Duncan had and I believe that he was personally more likeable than both Holt and Davies. People who are not Evertonians have said that they loved Duncan Ferguson because he may have been physical but he did it because he loved the club and would stop and nothing to get them three points each week.

It seems that the likes of Holt are physical because they enjoy having handbags with the opposition week in and week out.

I think Swansea play the better football and despite recent results, I think they will provide more consistent results over a period of time. He has built a very good squad with very little funds and should be rewarded for that.

I do like Lambert but I dont think he will be half the manager that Rodgers will be based on what I have seen this season.

ferguson was a much better footballer than both of them...goals vs united and liverpool are examples..fantastic turns and finishes that any striker would have been proud of...he didn't do it enough and wasn't as good as he should have been...the worst thing about dunc for me...holt is a cunt...davies i still say is a shite player

ferguson was a much better footballer than both of them...goals vs united and liverpool are examples..fantastic turns and finishes that any striker would have been proud of...he didn't do it enough and wasn't as good as he should have been...the worst thing about dunc for me...holt is a cunt...davies i still say is a shite player

Wish I was as crap at football as Kevin Davies then!wink.png

I caught some of the NUFC game earlier today and It does seem like Pardew has a very good chance of taking this award now. Newcastle aren't a small club and we automatically think of Rogers and Lambert doing well, but Pardew has done mighty fine this season and they could even grab a Champions League place again apparently, but I think that's too much to ask, but they have been outstanding up to now.

I see it as a three horse run with Rogers, Lambert and Pardew to take this managerial honor, with all due respect to anyone else.

Guest blueboy122

If united win the league then its got bo SAF without a doubt. The amount of pressure that has been put on them this season by thier local rivals city has been enormous and to win the league with a squad no better than someone like newcastle man for man obviously not including rooney is a major acheivement. Chelsea in my opinion have a far better squad than united these days likewise spurs....well its all opinions.