IGNORED

Manager of the year?

I think Brendan Rodgers is in with a shout at Swansea.

He's taken them up this year and into a hard league from the Championship making them play attractive football in the process and establishing themselves as a Premiership team in the process (with not a huge wadge of money to play around with). I've been impressed with Swansea this season and whilst I believe that the Manager of the Year might go to someone like Redknapp (for taking Spurs as high as he has) and SAF/Mancini (for winning the league) I believe BR deserves a mention.

Moyes has done well in 2012 but the pitful start means for me he has been nowhere near Manager of the Year.

Rodgers and Pardew will be the prime candidates.

Moyes has done a great job again overall this season, with a negative net spend and 7th place. The thing is though that he's done it every year for us, so it's become expected, and he is therefore no longer exceeding expectations

Guest blueboy122

From a football point of view has to go to one of eithier: Pardrew, SAF, Lambert, Rodgers.

From my Evertonian point of view: Kenny Dogleash wins it hands down. Haha

Pardew for me. Rodgers and Lambert have both done very well but Pardew's signings and getting the best out of some average players has been excellent. Special mentions for SAF and Old Arry too! To be fair if Moyes finishes top 8 with a wembley final then he'll be worth a mention!

Right now, at this moment in time, Moyes is as far away as Neptune as winning the Manager of the Year.

Why does he deserve such an accolade even, for a sometimes disappointing league season, some horror show performances, frustrating afternoons and beating a handful of sides in the FA cup that were not exactly of Real Madrid 1959 standards?

If I'm being too harsh then so be it, but there's no sense in lying in that Moyes simply hasn't a hope of winning MOTY this season, unless there is some end product in way of a trophy and a few places higher in the league finish then we already occupy. Failing that then Moyes may as well whistle for it.

For plausible candidates look no further than Lambert at NCFC. I don't really like them, but credit to them they have done really well the last few years and deserve to stay in the EPL for another season. Lambert has taken a small, unfashionable club and got them recognized once again, and they are having the best season most likely since Mike Walker was in charge about 1993.

Rogers at Swansea, goes unnoticed sometimes, but really has a good chance here, he would be a worthy winner.

If, the shite were to be relegated this season (is it still a mathematical possibility) then without question, Dalglish would simply walk away with the honor for me. No one else need turning up.

I think Pardew has done wonders, not only because of how well Newcastle have done and the way they play, but because of the signings he has brought in. He has some really good players at that club now and provided they keep them together they could go places. However, its the second season thats the hardest as expectations rise and it will be interesting to see how they cope, especially if they get off to a bad start.

Rodgers & SAF as people have said should be next best, although if Martinez keeps Wigan up then he could be a surprise shout as he has such an average group of players to work with and 17th would be a minor miracle.

Guest blueboy122

I think Pardew has done wonders, not only because of how well Newcastle have done and the way they play, but because of the signings he has brought in. He has some really good players at that club now and provided they keep them together they could go places. However, its the second season thats the hardest as expectations rise and it will be interesting to see how they cope, especially if they get off to a bad start.

Rodgers & SAF as people have said should be next best, although if Martinez keeps Wigan up then he could be a surprise shout as he has such an average group of players to work with and 17th would be a minor miracle.

For me there is no way that a manager who finishes in 17th position should even be considered as manager of the year. Regardless of what the team is.

For me there is no way that a manager who finishes in 17th position should even be considered as manager of the year. Regardless of what the team is.

Especially when he assembled that awful team himself.

I think most people at the beginning of the season would say Lambert would be a contender if he finished 17th, with a Norwich side that has very few players that would make on to the other premiership teams benches

I think most people at the beginning of the season would say Lambert would be a contender if he finished 17th, with a Norwich side that has very few players that would make on to the other premiership teams benches

A bit different no? Wigan have been in the Premier League for a good few years and Norwich are in their first season.

A bit different no? Wigan have been in the Premier League for a good few years and Norwich are in their first season.

Blueboy says no manager who finishes 17th.

Still harsh on Wigan though as they have their best players poached every year. Valencia, Scharner, and Palacios they'd be mid table with no worries. They will be losing Rodallega next season as well.

Edited by pete0

Guest blueboy122

Blueboy says no manager who finishes 17th.

Still harsh on Wigan though as they have their best players poached every year. Valencia, Scharner, and Palacios they'd be mid table with no worries. They will be losing Rodallega next season as well.

I just dont think it should be worth a manager of the year acolade by finishing 17th. Often the team that finishes 17th usually stays up on goals difference or by a point or two. So realistically theres only one or two points difference from that manager being one of the best that season (finishing 17th) or one of the worst (finishing 18th). Within regards to what Romey said I fully agree, what a load of shite martinez has assembled all by himself I might add, really roberto... Caldwell brothers? Alcarez? etc.

For me manager of the year should go to someone that has acheieved something e.g Europe with a shite squad, staying up by some margin and not just scraping survival by goal difference, winning the league etc etc.

Guest blueboy122

Norwich City manager Lambert, they haven't just done well, they play some very decent football.

Havent seen much or Norwich this season, so I am looking forward to the weekend. Is that Grant Holt still suspended? He looks like a better version of Kevin Davies to me.