IGNORED

Rory Smith on Moyes' attitude to journalists

Louis

What are the differences between how David Moyes & Dalglish deal with the press? Moyes looks like he could kill you just by thinking about it, whereas Kenny might simply call in a henchman.

Moyes is genuinely intimidating, with those piercing, gimlet eyes and the specific set of jaw that indicates a man who, in another life, might have glassed you outside the Barrowlands. But he has a good relationship with most of the people who cover him regularly and is generally polite enough with the roving number ones - who he'll only see half a dozen times a season - that a lot of them are pitching for him to get the Spurs job if Harry goes. That's quite a good indicator that he's at least courteous, even when you know he hates the very sound of your voice.

Bill Kenwright clearly means well, but is he really a bit of a low-level buffoon?

Football does funny things to people. Bill Kenwright can't be a buffoon - he's far too successful for that - but around football clubs, especially football clubs people support, they behave very strangely. I saw him embrace Leon Osman after they beat Spurs the other week with all the glee of a fan. Leon seemed perfectly happy with it - I would guess it's quite normal - but whether that's the action of a man who can make a cold-headed business decision about a company he owns, I don't know.

Have you ever been given a thorough bollocking by anyone in football for something you've written?

Plenty, but to be fair they normally come from clubs. I upset Everton a few times - not deliberately - and Christian Purslow probably wouldn't buy an anthology of my work. The best one came from the father of an unnamed footballer (though not, sadly, Ryan Giggs). It included a reference to firearms.

http://www.football365.com/f365-features/7628061/F365-Feature

Moyes seems a bit timid sometimes, he's certainly not the kind to throw teacups around in the dressing room.

This is illustrated sometimes after a serious setback or embarrassment, there is sort of a phlegmatic demeanor or an acceptance to events, 'oh well it happens, let's move on to the next fixture, no harm done' etc maybe. Moyes simply lacks that ruthless agression that is a defining characteristic of other individuals, have you ever seen him get rowdy with journalists or post match reporters. He needs to go on the offensive a bit I think. Vent your frustrations, instead of a relaxed attitude and poker faced mundane approach. I'd like to see him get a bit snappy and animated once in a while.