IGNORED

How tough is it to buy regular match tickets?

TawfeeGirl

I'm an American and not a soccer/football fan (sorry!!). However, my boyfriend is a HUGE Everton fan. We planned a trip to England for May, and as it is around his birthday, I wanted to surprise him and buy us tickets to a match. We were actually lucky enough to see Everton play a 'friendly' I think it was against a team in Ireland which was lots of fun.

Anyway, the only match we could possibly attend (because of travel dates) is the one on 13th May which I understand is the last match of their season?

I'm completely unfamiliar with buying tickets or how the system works, and since it's the last match I imagine it will be quite difficult. I did read somewhere that "members" are given first dibs at tickets and after they're done the remaining tickets are made available to the public, is that true?

Any advice? Is it possible to buy from the Everton FC website directly (I was planning on just stalking the tickets page every day until tickets for that fixture are made available!) Or are there other ticket websites to order from? I could use all the tips I can get! They don't have to be fantastic seats, I think he'd have fun sitting anywhere.

I know it'll be hard getting these tickets but I'm willing to pretty much look anywhere and pay anything so..what do I do? smile.png

Thanks everyone!

P.S. Just looked online and apparently Evertonia members get a 3 day priority period for tix? I might be crazy but I'm contemplating purchasing the 19.99 pound membership just so I can get tickets for this one game. Only live once right?

Edited by TawfeeGirl

You should be okay for getting one but you won't be able to order one until they become available for 'general sale' (i.e. open to the public).

You'll need to register here to be able to buy one: http://eticketing.Everton.../Home/home.aspx

However, there is a way to get them before they go on general sale and that is by buying an 'Evertonia' membership. This allows you to buy the tickets three days before they go on public release. They cost £19.99 but come with a £5 off voucher for the game.

Although, before paying USD$50 for the chance to buy tickets. It may be worth emailing corporatesales@evertonfc.com and explaining that you're coming over from US and that you're interested in buying two tickets for the Newcastle game. With corporate sales, you get a drink and a meal (that's if your making it an 'occasion'). If you want a 'normal' ticket, email boxoffice@evertonfc.com and explain the same thing. smile.png They may be able to help you out, from what I've heard the club are usually very supportive of international fans.

The end of season awards take place on May 10th, depending upon your budget, it may be worth looking into getting tickets for that, he'll meet the players and drink champagne. wink.png

Wow that sounds fantastic (the awards)! I wish I could afford it. As it is right now I'm paying for our flights from London, the match tickets and a night's stay in a hotel in Liverpool so combined with the trip from USA -> England and hotel for 2 weeks in London I think I'm pretty much broke!!

Thank you so much for the help, I've emailed both addresses you gave me. I appreciate it :)