IGNORED

England

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Will United fans be behind that? I think not.

Top three in the betting to take over are Howe, Carsley and Potter...which I think is mad.

We have players with such massive egos, we need a big "name" manager to get their respect, Ancelotti levels.

Another FA yes man would mean more of the same at best.

I hope they get Klopp.

The scouse, not English dick head parade would go into meltdown.

Southgate managed like he played - conservatively. Simply not brave enough when it mattered. Strikes me as a very nice man and was loyal to a fault to certain players. The FA also lack bravery so will probably give it to Howe (which will be a travesty). Is Rangnick available?   

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Was just out for a walk and the same thing crossed my mind, who (outside of maybe Middlesbrough), would want him at their club? Precious few I'd imagine.

Got Middlesbrough relegated .... awful manager. Had top players too 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Will United fans be behind that? I think not.

Top three in the betting to take over are Howe, Carsley and Potter...which I think is mad.

We have players with such massive egos, we need a big "name" manager to get their respect, Ancelotti levels.

Another FA yes man would mean more of the same at best.

Since when have the United board ever done anything other than go with what they think is right? They went with Moyes because of SAF but then gone for names, not the right manager, for their special group of individuals. They've had big name, big attitude managers and failed over and over; ETH, LvG, Mourinho...

4 hours ago, Sev said:

Richard Keys wrote:

"If I had my way I’d camp in the grounds of Klopp’s Mallorcan mansion until he said ‘yes’. Come to think of it - I’m there next week. I’ll do it if the FA ask me!"

https://richardajkeys.com/index.php/blog/423-get-klopp-before-someone-else-does

I'm meh anyway and that would be even less reason to get behind England.

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

While his name's not been mentioned, Dyche would actually be a good choice for England manager, not that I'd want lose him right now.

He'd be awful.  San Marino or Macedonia he'd be great for - he's not a manager who could get a team playing attacking winning football. 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He'd be awful.  San Marino or Macedonia he'd be great for - he's not a manager who could get a team playing attacking winning football. 

That's a bit excessive :lol:

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

While his name's not been mentioned, Dyche would actually be a good choice for England manager, not that I'd want lose him right now.

Ashley Young mentioned him yesterday. 

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The FA have sanctioned that foreign managers can apply for the job, which makes me believe the next manager will not be English. 

That would keep Carsley in the running but I can't see him getting the job full-time.

3 hours ago, patto said:

There’s no reason for him to be English it’s a winner we want. 

I agree, just highlighting the FA change of heart  from only considering English managers in the last view appointments.  

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Nobody is going to sing England's national anthem, because we don't have one.

"Controversy" over.

England does have an unofficial anthem: the theme from Jupiter in Holst's 'Planets' to which the words "I vow to thee my country" have been set. (Gustav Holst was English and named after his German grandfather.) There's also 'Land of Hope and Glory', although Elgar despised the use of his music for patriotic purposes. The most amusing choice is 'Jerusalem', which must raise a lot of eyebrows from other nations.

Anyone getting worked up about someone not singing the National Anthem needs to run along back to their prawn sandwich and shut the fuck up. 

As for the game, made up to see Grealish score. A criminally underrated footballer, the Irish will be fuming though - it has to be them two didn't it :lol:.