IGNORED

England

I must say... it didn't add up neville being amongst it. I do think the lad has a bright future.

I see hodgson as an arrogant, pig headed bully who doesn't give a shit about England.

I had confirmation over the weekend that yes indeed Hodgson is a Grade A twat. It stems back to his Blackburn days. I know of someone who worked for Blackburn when he was there, and this person has been in and around football for quite some time. From the Wirral.

Apparently when at Liverpool he stayed at a very plush hotel in port sunlight. He would often go for a pint in the bridge Inn.... wasn't many glowing reports from there either.

That said... I think he showed his true colours in the past week. Not a nice man at all.

England's problems go way beyond the failings of another shite manager. There's no real plan about how to mould a group of players into a winning force, and to me the biggest failing is the reckless disregard of the youth teams.

France, Spain, Germany have all in the past 20 years won things using a core group of talented young players who came together at youth level and progressed into the senior side together. Just been going on on ITV about how 5 of the current Iceland squad played in the U21s when they thrashed Germany a few years ago. Barring James Milner, out of the current England squad, only Hart, Rose and Henderson won 20 or more caps at U21 level; only Sturridge, Stones and Smalling of the rest won 10. Instead of letting players develop together as a group at their age group, learning each others games and the subtle understanding needed to build effective teamwork, they get fast-tracked into the senior side. And we all know what happens to them when they then come across proper teams at big tournaments.

From an Everton point of view, Ross Barkley has won 22 senior caps to just 5 at U21 level. At 22 he looks like a player struggling to fulfil his potential. Wouldn't he have been better served if those stats had been reversed, if he'd served his appenticeship in the U21s rather than being thrown into the lion's den too soon? We're ruining our best young players with hype while other countries develop them properly. Until we look at that we are doomed to fail.

Take the point but there are exceptions, eg Rooney at Euro 2004.

Absolutely see the logic of taking a core group through but at the same time "if you're good enough you're old enough" needs to be taken into account.

Needs to be flexibility.

I've been saying that for a long time - as soon as any young player shows even a glimpse of talent they get a call up to the full squad. Just look at Rashford. There is no way he should've been picked for the Euro's.

he was the only bright spark in the last match

he was the only bright spark in the last match

He was but he shouldn't have been there. We will never learn our lesson. We will just keep doing the same thing over and over and wonder why we never improve.

Players need to have their apprenticeships. Instead we hand out senior caps like sweets.

He was but he shouldn't have been there. We will never learn our lesson. We will just keep doing the same thing over and over and wonder why we never improve.

Players need to have their apprenticeships. Instead we hand out senior caps like sweets.

media pressure mate, I'm convinced of it

I pity whoever is the next England manager, We will never again win any European or World cups, so they will be sacked after every Competition.

The reason being .... We don't produce any "world class" players anymore,

If you look at the top 6 clubs you might find about ten English players of which Spurs have most, and five of those spurs players were chosen in the squad. Walker, Rose, Dier, Alli, and Kane, all decent players but not good enough to win any Cups. Next manager is on a loser straight away.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Big Sam for England then... I actually think he's just the kind of manager we need. He's not going to bow down to egos. He'll play a system and choose the best players to fit not the opposite way round. It may not always be pretty but he knows how to get results.

Looks like Big Sam for England then... I actually think he's just the kind of manager we need. He's not going to bow down to egos. He'll play a system and choose the best players to fit not the opposite way round. It may not always be pretty but he knows how to get results.

Let's see if he actually does that. He could very well just be like all the others once he actually has the job.

West Ham

You need a proper disciplinarian. Someone like Bilic would have been fantastic. He's never going to take it though, Payet United is just too good a job at present.

They do make me laugh that lot. When they get a busy little nob head like Scott Parker or Noble they make out that he's better than Steven Gerrard and give them hero status alongside the likes of Julian Dicks.

They flogged the family silver like Joe Cole, ferdinand, carrick, defoe for a song and still try and make out they are a big club. They get gifted an Olympic stadium off us tax payers and get all righteous... now they have a class player in Payet half of them have abandoned their "West ham won the world cup for England" for "payet plays for France, I support them".

They will probably rip the Eric Cantona song off and adapt it for him next season. Original those lot.

They do make me laugh that lot. When they get a busy little nob head like Scott Parker or Noble they make out that he's better than Steven Gerrard and give them hero status alongside the likes of Julian Dicks.

They flogged the family silver like Joe Cole, ferdinand, carrick, defoe for a song and still try and make out they are a big club. They get gifted an Olympic stadium off us tax payers and get all righteous... now they have a class player in Payet half of them have abandoned their "West ham won the world cup for England" for "payet plays for France, I support them".

They will probably rip the Eric Cantona song off and adapt it for him next season. Original those lot.

Haha well put haf