IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, patto said:

Do you think we sign players after scouting them then if you do the last 8 years have been a disaster the list of mistakes is too long  Abraham doesn’t want to come here so forget him move on….we have a problem now with DCL he wants to move on but we have his value too high if towards the end of the window he’s still here we will drop his price Dramatically why not do it now and get a couple of fullbacks in who we’ve been linked to 1 on a free 1 supposedly available for about 7 million….plus we need to get rid of other players we don’t want  

8 years? I’ll remind you again, after you blamed the scouts, Benitez was allowed to sack them all. So our current scouting team hasn’t been at the club for 8 years. They can’t be blamed for the signings we’ve made in that time, when we’ve had six or seven managers in that period, as well as an owner who bought whoever he wanted and a chairman who did the same. Let’s blame the scouts that have been at the club for two years. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

8 years? I’ll remind you again, after you blamed the scouts, Benitez was allowed to sack them all. So our current scouting team hasn’t been at the club for 8 years. They can’t be blamed for the signings we’ve made in that time, when we’ve had six or seven managers in that period, as well as an owner who bought whoever he wanted and a chairman who did the same. Let’s blame the scouts that have been at the club for two years. 

It doesn’t matter who sacked who over the last 8 years our scouts have been a disgrace 

3 hours ago, patto said:

It doesn’t matter who sacked who over the last 8 years our scouts have been a disgrace 

But the scouts we now have at club haven’t been there for more than two years. I don’t see how you don’t get that. 😂

12 minutes ago, StevO said:

But the scouts we now have at club haven’t been there for more than two years. I don’t see how you don’t get that. 😂

What is it you want me to get I know Thelwell removed a couple of scouts so I’m guessing or hoping that the new ones improve us. 
but even Thelwell has made his mistakes with Maupay Beto and possibly Chermiti that’s 50m worth what we won’t get back. 

37 minutes ago, patto said:

What is it you want me to get I know Thelwell removed a couple of scouts so I’m guessing or hoping that the new ones improve us. 
but even Thelwell has made his mistakes with Maupay Beto and possibly Chermiti that’s 50m worth what we won’t get back. 

Thelwell and the scouts have only been at the club since Benitez left. They can’t be held accountable for the last eight years. That’s just stupid. That’s what I want you to get. 

I don’t have an issue criticising Maupay, but I understand why that signing was made. Beto hasn’t shown much but from the outside it was made clear that he was the best choice available due to the way the payments could be structured and we had a situation where we couldn’t offer any money up front. Bringing Chermiti into it is just weird. But those signings are all Thelwells responsibility? Nothing to do with the managers or the owner? They had no influence? 

This summer, now the owner is out of the way, you can see what Thelwell is trying to do. If you can’t see the difference then it’s not ToffeeTalk you need, it’s Specsavers. 

20 minutes ago, patto said:

Well there’s no guarantee with Chermiti so we will have to wait and see 

There isn't but I think he is starting to show that he is up to proving that he can contribute in the team. I want to have faith placed in the young players so that they get a chance.

18 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

There isn't but I think he is starting to show that he is up to proving that he can contribute in the team. I want to have faith placed in the young players so that they get a chance.

Let’s hope he comes through then I hope he does. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Thelwell and the scouts have only been at the club since Benitez left. They can’t be held accountable for the last eight years. That’s just stupid. That’s what I want you to get. 

I don’t have an issue criticising Maupay, but I understand why that signing was made. Beto hasn’t shown much but from the outside it was made clear that he was the best choice available due to the way the payments could be structured and we had a situation where we couldn’t offer any money up front. Bringing Chermiti into it is just weird. But those signings are all Thelwells responsibility? Nothing to do with the managers or the owner? They had no influence? 

This summer, now the owner is out of the way, you can see what Thelwell is trying to do. If you can’t see the difference then it’s not ToffeeTalk you need, it’s Specsavers. 

For fk sake I’m not blaming Thelwell for the last 8 years I know when he started all I said was our scouts have been terrible over the past 8 years. 
I don’t need Specsavers are you ok or do you need some medication. 

5 hours ago, patto said:

Show me the scout who gets every decision right and I'll show you an investor who chooses only winning stocks. They don't exist. Our bigger mistake in the past has been signing up players for inflated fees on huge wages for multiple years. Clearly, we're not doing that any more.

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Show me the scout who gets every decision right and I'll show you an investor who chooses only winning stocks. They don't exist. Our bigger mistake in the past has been signing up players for inflated fees on huge wages for multiple years. Clearly, we're not doing that any more.

I agree length of contract is a bugbear with me…..let’s hope we are starting to get it right now.  

10 hours ago, patto said:

Well there’s no guarantee with Chermiti so we will have to wait and see 

Sorry, patto, but there's no guarantee with any player. Buying and selling will always be a gamble.

56 minutes ago, Sev said:

Sorry, patto, but there's no guarantee with any player. Buying and selling will always be a gamble.

I know you can’t get it right all the time but if you do your due diligence right you should get 7/8 out of 10 right but we go the opposite way and get most wrong. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM WANTS ALISSON FROM GALO!

The young Alisson Santana is in the crosshairs of Everton, England. The English team prepares an official proposal to #Atlético this week for the purchase of the young promise of #Galo. In contact with @geglobo, @Atletico reported that it has not yet received any formalisation of the proposal only survey on the athlete.

In September last year, the Rooster renewed his contract with the attacker until the end of 2027 with a termination fine of 60 million euros (about R$ 320 million).

The Rooster does not rule out the possibility of exits still in this window. The sale of athletes to the Minas Gerais club is one of the club's main sources of revenue and can balance the sheet with the arrivals made in this window (Fausto Vera, Deyverson, Lyanco, Alonso and Bernard).

ENGLAND'S EVERTON WANTS REINFORCEMENT FOR HIS ATTACK!

Everton is looking for a striker. This month, the English press reported that the club tried to hire Vitor Roque, a Barcelona athlete. The Spanish team denied Everton's first attack because of values.

The English club put on the table 25 million euros (R$ 150 million) plus €3 million (R$ 18 million) in bonuses, but the Spaniards do not give up the request between €30 million (R$ 180 million) and €35 million (R$ 210 million).

🤔 Would you sell Alisson Santana now?

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM WANTS ALISSON FROM GALO!

The young Alisson Santana is in the crosshairs of Everton, England. The English team prepares an official proposal to #Atlético this week for the purchase of the young promise of #Galo. In contact with @geglobo, @Atletico reported that it has not yet received any formalisation of the proposal only survey on the athlete.

In September last year, the Rooster renewed his contract with the attacker until the end of 2027 with a termination fine of 60 million euros (about R$ 320 million).

The Rooster does not rule out the possibility of exits still in this window. The sale of athletes to the Minas Gerais club is one of the club's main sources of revenue and can balance the sheet with the arrivals made in this window (Fausto Vera, Deyverson, Lyanco, Alonso and Bernard).

ENGLAND'S EVERTON WANTS REINFORCEMENT FOR HIS ATTACK!

Everton is looking for a striker. This month, the English press reported that the club tried to hire Vitor Roque, a Barcelona athlete. The Spanish team denied Everton's first attack because of values.

The English club put on the table 25 million euros (R$ 150 million) plus €3 million (R$ 18 million) in bonuses, but the Spaniards do not give up the request between €30 million (R$ 180 million) and €35 million (R$ 210 million).

🤔 Would you sell Alisson Santana now?

If we signed him we'd have a decent chance of playing Europa.

I wonder do we actually scout players or do we just wait for agents videos to come through also did we not receive over 200m from tv and the premier league we as far as I can see have spent just the Onana money now I know we have Debts but there must be some leeway in the finances  

30 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I would have thought so Patto.

I wonder if we’re just waiting for the right targets. A full back is now an absolute necessity.

We’ve been linked all preseason to a right back supposedly 7m unless it’s fake news don’t ask me his name if probably get it wrong 

The TV money is the vast majority of the money that comes into the club. Therefore its used for the day to day expense of running the club. It doesn't just go into transfers. Very little of it will go into transfers. A lot of it will already be tied up in debt maintenance. 

9 hours ago, StevO said:

The TV money is the vast majority of the money that comes into the club. Therefore its used for the day to day expense of running the club. It doesn't just go into transfers. Very little of it will go into transfers. A lot of it will already be tied up in debt maintenance. 

Even future TV payments will be pledged against, wouldn't surprise me if we were already pledging against 25/26 TV money.

16 hours ago, patto said:

I wonder do we actually scout players or do we just wait for agents videos to come through also did we not receive over 200m from tv and the premier league we as far as I can see have spent just the Onana money now I know we have Debts but there must be some leeway in the finances  

Don’t forget we didn’t pay for Beto & maybe Chermiti last season. Hopefully we have something lying around in the kitty but I feel it may be dependant on the likes of Maupay / Holgate leaving.

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Don’t forget we didn’t pay for Beto & maybe Chermiti last season. Hopefully we have something lying around in the kitty but I feel it may be dependant on the likes of Maupay / Holgate leaving.

I don’t think we get much on either player I know it’s early days but I look around and see teams around us all making signings if Ipswich start to win a few games I’ll be seriously worried we need DCL to move on and give us something to work on.