IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

colombian left back plays for Boca Juniors.  Palace rumored to be in for him too.  27 years old.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/21/frank-fabra-would-be-very-exciting-signing-for-everton/

that article has good info, not sure how reliable it is

How can it be good info if you don’t know how reliable it is?! :lol: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Makis said:

Picked from Twitter, a very tenous link but Rubin Kazan forward Sardar Azmoun. Rumoured interest from Britain (not for the first time, mind). Former target of Brands & same nationality as Moshiri.

Not maybe one to get the pulse racing, though.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ibtimes.co.uk/everton-chief-farhad-moshiri-tried-sign-rubin-kazans-sardar-azmoun-according-kurban-berdyev-1656708

36 minutes ago, c1982 said:

If we sold Schneiderlin for say £20m and replaced him with Ki for free then that’s good business as don’t see too much difference in quality and similar age. Don’t get me wrong, I want better than Ki moving forward but he’d be a very capable squad addition.

I wouldn't disagree with that. Been a long time admirer of Ki. Nothing special but he is a really useful player and very good technically.

51 minutes ago, rubecula said:

To late, too old. I think he would be better off elsewhere.  I never thought I would be age-ist like this but I am because it is too late for him.

He’s 29 - unusually peak of career age. Resale value wouldn’t matter as he’s a free.

I'd have had him here about 5 years ago, but not now. As far as I'm concerned Schneiderlin is a far better player than him. If he could continue to show his return to form then Ki shouldn't even be thought about.

I think it's evidence of just how far expectations have fallen that there a few on here would be happy to bring a player in that, at the absolute best, would help us to stand still. We need to move forward.

57 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd have had him here about 5 years ago, but not now. As far as I'm concerned Schneiderlin is a far better player than him. If he could continue to show his return to form then Ki shouldn't even be thought about.

I think it's evidence of just how far expectations have fallen that there a few on here would be happy to bring a player in that, at the absolute best, would help us to stand still. We need to move forward.

For me he is a player that is a bit like the glue for others to play. Look across the park, they had 3 average players in midfield bossing most teams. If you put Ki in he won' let you down, and that puts him ahead of most players in our team! 

I do agree that we need a lot better players generally but we need a good technical midfielder to sit deep and pull the strings and allow the better players to play then he is a good solid option.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

For me he is a player that is a bit like the glue for others to play. Look across the park, they had 3 average players in midfield bossing most teams. If you put Ki in he won' let you down, and that puts him ahead of most players in our team! 

I do agree that we need a lot better players generally but we need a good technical midfielder to sit deep and pull the strings and allow the better players to play then he is a good solid option.

No he wouldn’t let you down, and I’ve always been a fan of him, but my point is that we already have the much better player. A Morgan Schneiderlin playing like Morgan Schneiderlin pisses all over Ki in every department. So, for me, we’ve already moved on from the calibre of player that Ki is. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

No he wouldn’t let you down, and I’ve always been a fan of him, but my point is that we already have the much better player. A Morgan Schneiderlin playing like Morgan Schneiderlin pisses all over Ki in every department. So, for me, we’ve already moved on from the calibre of player that Ki is. 

I would definitely keep Schneiderlin if he can continue playing like he has the last couple of games, but I also think Ki would be an excellent squad player/back-up on a free (if he would want that role). Currently, we just have Davies and Rooney who can fill in at CM -- both of whom I don't trust a lot at that position. Baningime isn'tt nearly ready yet.

15 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

I would definitely keep Schneiderlin if he can continue playing like he has the last couple of games, but I also think Ki would be an excellent squad player/back-up on a free (if he would want that role). Currently, we just have Davies and Rooney who can fill in at CM -- both of whom I don't trust a lot at that position. Baningime isn'ttt nearly ready yet.

And he’ll never be ready if he falls behind even being back-up. Why bother bringing in a 29 year old back-up and stunt the growth of Beni?

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

And he’ll never be ready if he falls behind even being back-up. Why bother bringing in a 29 year old back-up and stunt the growth of Beni?

I see your point. Is Beni not another player who could use a loan though? He's been decent for us but very conservative.

6 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

I see your point. Is Beni not another player who could use a loan though? He's been decent for us but very conservative.

I honestly think he’s too good for a loan move just based on the few appearances he’s had at this level. I think he’d learn and improve better by being here and getting cameos in the PL, the odd start in the league against (perceived) lesser opposition and in the cups (depending on who we draw, of course).

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Thats open to debate in my opinion. I obviously dont know Ki as much as I know Schneiderlin but what we witnessed from the latter this season has been disgraceful at times. We have had a fair few players out of form but him and Williams have shown traits that I really dont like and wouldnt want in any of my team mates.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

This on the other hand is a very good point.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Thats open to debate in my opinion. I obviously dont know Ki as much as I know Schneiderlin but what we witnessed from the latter this season has been disgraceful at times. We have had a fair few players out of form but him and Williams have shown traits that I really dont like and wouldnt want in any of my team mates.

This on the other hand is a very good point.

I wasn’t commenting on his attitude though, was I? I said he’s the better player. 

Again, I’ve always liked Ki as a player and actually wanted him here many years ago, but if we sold Schneiderlin and replaced him with Ki then we’d be taking a backward step imo. We need more quality, not less.