IGNORED

Arteta money not available to spend

Azz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So why did Everton sell? It’s obvious they needed the money, and as the extent of the club’s financial paucity becomes clearer, that overriding need to satisfy their bank, Barclays, seems to supersede ambition for now.

3 September 2011

http://www.liverpool.../#ixzz1j6ycGBge

IN Saturday’s Echo we stated that Everton FC’s financial plight made the sale of Mikel Arteta necessary.

We understand from Everton this is not the case and Arteta was reluctantly allowed to leave because he expressly stated a desire to do so – not because of any financial pressure upon the club, which would have been happy and able to keep him.

We apologise for giving the wrong impression on the matter.’

6 September 2011

http://www.liverpool...00252-29369300/3/

Asked if he would be able to spend the £10m as he scours the January market for a striker, creative midfielder and central defender, the Blues boss said: “I don’t think that is going to be the case.

“I think everybody knew at the time that the bank wanted the money. People knew that really.”

11 January 2012

http://www.liverpool...tsWidget-bottom

Don't forget Louis, #1 Evertonian and 'Blue Heart' himself Kenwright saying in November that there would be money available

http://www1.skysport...s-January-funds

"There will be not a lot of money in terms of what other clubs are spending on centre-forwards but there will be money.

"There will be investment in January."

oh and Elstone a little over a month a go saying there would be money as well.

http://www.liverpool...252-29925234/3/

“There is money within that existing budget to strengthen in January. Is it as much as we’d want it to be? Probably not - but there is something there which will see some tangible improvements"

*sigh*

Edited by Azz

Elstone says Moyes 'will' be backed in January.

December 9th 2011 on the official site. 10:30 into the video

http://m.evertonfc.com/evertontv/news/6676

Question: "Obviously in the shorter term Robert with the January transfer window just around the corner, the Chairman has recently gone on record as saying there will be support for the manager in January, I guess, I don't know if you can give us any clarification on that?

Answer: I would endorse and back up what the Chairman said. Yes, there will be support, and 'er er er' everything we 'can' do, will be diverted or given to supporting the manager in terms of strengthening his playing squad".

Elstone says Moyes 'will' be backed in January.

December 9th 2011 on the official site. 10:30 into the video

http://m.evertonfc.c...tontv/news/6676

Question: "Obviously in the shorter term Robert with the January transfer window just around the corner, the Chairman has recently gone on record as saying there will be support for the manager in January, I guess, I don't know if you can give us any clarification on that?

Answer: I would endorse and back up what the Chairman said. Yes, there will be support, and 'er er er' everything we 'can' do, will be diverted or given to supporting the manager in terms of strengthening his playing squad".

Are you sure that's "Backed" and not Sacked. wink.png

You see this is my whole problem with the club - they think people are stupid and treat them with contempt.

If they came out in January and said "Arteta's sale has raised a significant amount of money which we are going to use to reduce the debt, we have youngsters coming through who we believe will be ideally placed to fill Mikels shoes"

The bring on the scorn that they get from some quarters all by themselves - they can not help themselves, Bill in particular.

And the likes of Kenwrights asks for trust - he's the biggest evertonian there is etc etc - he can't be trusted because he lies - simple as that.

I didn't expect much money - if at all. It's just another example of the people running our club having no integrity.

Those who back the likes of Bill and co - take note, they are a bunch of liars, they behave like politicians and are out of their depth, B.U field day I thinks.

Edited by Hafnia

I don't know about anyone else but I'm sick to death of being lied to by the club. How our fans can back these people who will lie to them time afer time is beyond me.

I think a few people will have to start re-evaluating their loyalties to Bill and co. Can they actually tell me that they believe they are the best people to run and indeed sell the club? They are making them look like fools.

Oh well folks, enjoy the rest of season watching Barkley warm the bench whilst Saha, Neville and Cahill pick up their fat wages whilst our performances continue to decline. Will Drenthe be signed up? Don't be daft.

The reason they lie? Because they know they can get away with it just like they always have.

Maybe that's why the Blue Union have them rattled so much - it's the first time anyone has ever had the platform and publicity to challenge them - and yet so many fans start calling them for all sorts based on appearance, the odd stupid facebook post and call them kopites.

The kopites couldn't have done a better job of ruining this club than Kenwright and co. The timing of this after his carpark spat couldn't be worse for Bill. "where's the arteta money Bill"

Does anyone think that Moyes has tried to stir the hornets nest here???

Has the failed takeover (can only assume it's now failed) - been the final straw, and he is now throwing the odd hand grenade in order to keep pressure on the board? Is he hoping the fans do his dirty work for him?

Does anyone think that Moyes has tried to stir the hornets nest here???

Has the failed takeover (can only assume it's now failed) - been the final straw, and he is now throwing the odd hand grenade in order to keep pressure on the board? Is he hoping the fans do his dirty work for him?

If so, he's a coward. He's publicly backed the board even though the situation has been no different to now. He made his bed so he should lie in it.

I'm actually starting to think that relegation and the firesale of our current squad may be our only realistic option now.

Baines 20m

Fellaini 20m

Rodwell 15m

Jagielka 15m

Heitinga 10m

80m to wipe the clubs debts and buy back its resources, then use the prem. parachute fund to assemble a team based around the youngsters and older blue bloods we already have.

There might be some money to spend, it's just interesting that the Echo were asked for a retraction/apology when they were right in the first place.

Louis, given the incident before the tamworth game - it would be highly unadvisable for Moyes to come out and say something like this. Looking around other sites, there are fans going nuts over this.- maybe it's the shame of having supported Bill and co in face face of people like me who have seen them for what they are a good while ago. Certainly a case of

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

I'm seriously worried about our club. My biggest worry for some time though has been the divide between fans as to whether Bill and his silent partners are right for the club, the amount of blind faith is disturbing. However I think this episode could be the downfall, many fans look at transfer windows, new contracts etc only as a sign of intent by a club, when players are sold and not replaced they tend to get a bit excited. They are missing the bigger picture, but none the less, welcome on board.

The sooner that lying toad is sent packing from our club with his paycheck the better. Those complicit with his regime can join him.

Problem being, if you get relegated and teams/clubs know that you are in a weak negotiating position, those prices won't be met.

I dont think being relegated would negotiating position, id says its at an all time low as it stands.

As to the Moyes comments, I would say the Blue Union membership has increased!

Lets be honest, its not exactly a surprise. Why the hell they couldnt come out and say this from the start is ridiculous. Moyes clearly knew there wasnt going to be any money all along, and if he did then so do the board members/CEO etc.

I really am fed up of the bullshit. Its completely unnecessary. We are used to having no money, and that doesnt bother me, but the fact they clearly lied to appease the fans is disgusting.

Shouldn't we be having this conversdation ...........after............ the transfer window? Until it closes, you can't accuse the club of not spending.

Thats probably true but the signs are hardly encouraging if Moyes says we have no money, when previously they have suggested there will be.

Lets be honest, its not exactly a surprise. Why the hell they couldnt come out and say this from the start is ridiculous. Moyes clearly knew there wasnt going to be any money all along, and if he did then so do the board members/CEO etc.

I really am fed up of the bullshit. Its completely unnecessary. We are used to having no money, and that doesnt bother me, but the fact they clearly lied to appease the fans is disgusting.

That's the bit that's getting me and if it wasn't for the obvious tactical decision in these 'press releases' and 'Takeover rumours' always appearing a month before Season Tickets go on sale, Everton would look far better if they were honest.

If they were to say something like... "unfortunately there is no money available in January because the money that was aquired through the sales of _____ has all but gone to pay off existing debts, but we would just like to stress the importance of your support (fans). We realise that there hasn't been a dramatic change of personell and we understand the frustrations of not seeing new faces but now, more than ever, we need to pull together and support the team, during this hectic period. Players will get tired and we will have some injuries to contend with, so lets make Goodison a fortress again and lets make everyone that steps onto the field, young or old, pull on our shirt, play with pride and passion, and get through the tough times...blah blah blah"

I think you'd respect them a bit more if they did. Not only that, just state that ST Sales are poor, we really need the support to sustain business....etc?!

Just stop with the rumours and bull shit and false hope.

That's the bit that's getting me and if it wasn't for the obvious tactical decision in these 'press releases' and 'Takeover rumours' always appearing a month before Season Tickets go on sale, Everton would look far better if they were honest.

If they were to say something like... "unfortunately there is no money available in January because the money that was aquired through the sales of _____ has all but gone to pay off existing debts, but we would just like to stress the importance of your support (fans). We realise that there hasn't been a dramatic change of personell and we understand the frustrations of not seeing new faces but now, more than ever, we need to pull together and support the team, during this hectic period. Players will get tired and we will have some injuries to contend with, so lets make Goodison a fortress again and lets make everyone that steps onto the field, young or old, pull on our shirt, play with pride and passion, and get through the tough times...blah blah blah"

I think you'd respect them a bit more if they did. Not only that, just state that ST Sales are poor, we really need the support to sustain business....etc?!

Couldnt agree more.

This is spot on, but unfortunately not all fans have a brain, they'll see Stoke or Sunderland buy someone for 10 mil then kick up a fuss anyway