IGNORED

Pre-Wembley 85 video

Louis

I'm unable to view it from where I am, but may I ask what the video entails, apart from the build up to the Final itself that is, i.e. is it our supporters at the stadium, or some players talking or well, it could be anything really, I don't know, won't be able to watch until a later date unsure.png

Fill me in what I'm missing maybe etc

I'm unable to view it from where I am, but may I ask what the video entails, apart from the build up to the Final itself that is, i.e. is it our supporters at the stadium, or some players talking or well, it could be anything really, I don't know, won't be able to watch until a later date unsure.png

Players outside Bellefield getting "surprised" by a scantily clad woman in (and out of) a gorilla outfit while signing autographs before getting on the bus.

Are you in prison?

How did Adrian Heath get on the coach without his mum?

The rest of the players didn't look tht much older either.......maybe just me getting oldsad.png

They had the world at their feet, they probably each owned a brand new Cortina, they had those shiny sports bags (plastic) and were earning something in the rion of £3000 a week........(what the hell could Sheedy, southall and co be earning now?)

They were a few bloody good years around about that time to be an Evertonian......I feel 2012 will be the start of a new era, trophies, winning nearly every game, 50,000 crowds........anyway back to the party....now where's my drink, I'm sure I put my pint of wine down somewhere!

Happy new year!!........except for you WBA.

I've just had a chance to view for the first time

Did you know match official Peter Willis only received £ 43 for his days work that afternoon!, It was the first £1,000,000 FA Cup Final and of the game Willis had this to say-

"I've only watched the game once since it was played. That was a week after when I'd sent my report in and it was all out of the way. I sat down and watched a video. John Motson was doing commentary and when Moran made the tackle he said 'That's got to be a caution...or worse!'

"There was no doubt I had to send him off, but what happened spoiled the day for me. It's a real honor to ref a Cup final and it's something I'll never forget, when you come out of the tunnel it's unbelievable, the noise is deafening. I wasn't nervous, as soon as the National Anthem was over I just thought 'time to go to work' and got on with it. It was just another day at the office. Everton had just won the European Cup Winners Cup the wednesday before and some of their players were very tired, it was a scrappy match , not a classic, but then Kevin Moran went in and Reid went about 8ft in the air. It seemed a very straightforward decision to me"

"I wasn't aware it was the first sending off in a cup final. When someone told me later I said 'No, It's not'. I didn't realize until all the media and the papers were talking about it. I'd rather it hadn't have happened. I wish he hadn't done what he did and the game was remembered for Whiteside's goal, which he still doesn't get credit for. I went for a walk in London the next day and people from Manchester came up and spoke to me about it but there was no hassle. They realized I had to make the decision and they were nice about it. I've not met Moran since. We've been in the same room occasionally and there's just been a wry smile from both of us. I retired the next year and the sending off (at the time) is a record that's still mine. I'm very happy with that, I don't want anyone else to have to do what I did. I hope there isn't ever another sending off"