IGNORED

Who would you Choose. ?

Joey Mac

If we had to sell players to bring in other players who would you choose, bare in mind that there's not a lot who would fetch good money now. I'd put Bily and Heitinga as certs to go.

Bily

Heitinga

Baines

Jagielka

Fellaini

Rodwell

Leave out Barclay because he is completely untried and too early to fetch good money.

Joey i think he means he didnt like what he read!

You may have worded it all wrong, did you mean you would sell everyone one of those players in the window, or just one?

Personally would not dream of even mentioning Baines, Jags, Fellaini in this topic... Heitinga won't get you much either, besides he's doing quite well at the moment, when he gets played centre half.

Theres only Billy I would consider out of that list.

What part of London are you from Joey? Do you get to away games down there?

How did you end up a blue?

I know its off topic, but its good to find a bit more about our newbies, and your welcome thread went a bit down hill.

If we had to sell players to bring in other players who would you choose, bare in mind that there's not a lot who would fetch good money now. I'd put Bily and Heitinga as certs to go.

Bily

Heitinga

Baines

Jagielka

Fellaini

Rodwell

Leave out Barclay because he is completely untried and too early to fetch good money.

I know exactly what you meant bud. No face palms here.

I'd look at which positions we were plentiful in, and take it from there.

The likes of Yobo etc are still at the club, and Nev, Cahill, Saha, have all enjoyed their best spells, even if Nev is very important regarding leadership, be it on the pitch or not. He actually has more experience than Moyes when all said and done when you compare careers, though all at 2 clubs.

We are short on numbers, and I mean short with a big 'S'. We can't afford to lose anybody if we are truthful, as the first time we have injuries we are in trouble.

Already, we are having to bolster the squad with loans, even just to make squad numbers up. People might complain when we give players like Mcfadden a go, but as a squad player he is fine. It's all about having players to fall back on.

Big teams can offer big wages, which makes it easier for players to put up with being rotated, or benched, but no way can Everton have the luxury of a great firts eleven, and another great set of reserves. That level of player comes at a price we can't afford. They won't sit on the bench for the wages we pay.

'Who is Palm Face', classic

Bilyaletdinov arrived from Locomotiv Moscow for what was it, about £8,000,000 two years ago and people were quite excited to see what the kid could produce but just lately, after some impressive performances here and there since arriving and a goal of the season candidate once even, this calendar year it has been a bit sour, don't get to see many live games these days, rely on highlights and other article sources, and people will have better judgments but in any event, we never really got to see the Russian play as he may be able and with regards to this here thread I would maybe consider letting him go, simply on the basis we just haven't had our moneys worth or anywhere near it, it's been a bit of a let down all said

As for the others, Heitinga, no I feel and speaking for myself and with all other players, he doesn't really warrant a departure, or maybe I'll give him another season, only seems like yesterday since he arrived even, he still has something to offer one would feel, Baines, no way, I'm guessing this is one player we should not discard, Jagielka, well he's had some moments here, been a good club servant, I was thinking just now would it be so bad to let him go, Fellaini is something of a crowd favorite, blows a bit hot and cold, has the potential, but have we really had our £15,000,000 worth for the Belgian since arriving, methinks not really if you think about it, although he has been out with injury in that time, for the time being we'll let Mr Fellaini remain on the Goodison roster, as for Rodwell, the kid's not even 21 yet, and has been marked down as something of great potential, he's at an age where he is still learning and can only get better, therefore he's an Everton player and we should not think about letting him go, he still has plenty to offer one would feel

Theres only Billy I would consider out of that list.

What part of London are you from Joey? Do you get to away games down there?

How did you end up a blue?

I know its off topic, but its good to find a bit more about our newbies, and your welcome thread went a bit down hill.

Why didn't you ask me any 'newbie' questions!? :.-(

I'd take what we can for Billy and use the money and his wages towards a decent striker although none come to mind right now! Possibly someone from the lower leagues who might have a bit of endeavour. I'd love to see the back of Saha but we just don't have the squad size to be getting rid of multiple players.

I wouldent dream of selling Heitinga, Baines, Jagielka or Fellaini as at the moment they are all playing well. Johnny is our rock in defence and when he is playing alongside Jagielka the two of them really are a force that keeps us from conceding goals. Another trait which is valuable is that Heitinga has shown that when he gets the ball deep in defence he can play it out to feet and also advance into a more attacking roles which is what we need considering that both Jags and Distin find that task rather difficult.

Baines for me is another one that we should not be letting go - Leighton is probably our biggest playmaker which is crazy considering he is a left-back and the number of times that he darts down the left wing and overlaps the left midfieler is unreal, his crosses do usually end up with us scoring goals/hitting the target and without him I think we would really struggle to score.

Rodwell for me could go because I think he's massivly over-rated and we could get a massive sum of money for him seeing as the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham have all shown interest. I'd much rather see a top, established player in his role than him himself because in all honesty (even though most of you will disagree with me) I don't see what all the fuss is about with Jack.

Billy also can go, I like him a lot and think he should have been given more playing time but I think we all know that come the 31st of January he will be playing his trade in Germany. So to answer your question Joey I'd let Jack and Billy go and have them replaced with someone magic.

What happened to this author of this? unsure.png

I agree to an extent that Rodwell may well be overrated by some, but he's still young, is a player for the future and has potential, yes we could cash in but how much would we actually get, does he have an actual valuation, these things are blown out of all proportion now, i.e.how much is a payer truly worth, look no further than the Torres and Carroll transfers, if the latter is worth £40,000,000 then I'm Van Gogh standing in a field of tulips reading Bergkamp's autobiography smiley-3.gif

Who's palm face. ?

Haha sorry mate it's just a physical gesture as most of those players are our best so to sell them all would be madness.Apart from Bily whose future is elsewhere by the looks of it now anyway I'd say at the moment we can't really afford to loose anyone.If any where to go and bring in a decent amount it would be Jack, if we got say £25M and got every penny to reinvest then I'd say that one would be a goer but in reality that would never happen.

Haha sorry mate it's just a physical gesture as most of those players are our best so to sell them all would be madness.Apart from Bily whose future is elsewhere by the looks of it now anyway I'd say at the moment we can't really afford to loose anyone.If any where to go and bring in a decent amount it would be Jack, if we got say £25M and got every penny to reinvest then I'd say that one would be a goer but in reality that would never happen.

like this doh.gif