IGNORED

David Moyes appreciation thread

Avinalaff

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round left middlesboro due to southgate wanting to adopt a less cautious more attacking approach. That's says alot to me.

Moyes is surrounded by defenders, Stubbs, round, Holden and he's interested in weir joining him?!

He needs some inventive attacking coaches or assistants.

Again I'll use the word "synergy"

I don't Louis I just "think" that when Irvine left and Round came in we became abit more negative? with both Moyes and Round being defenders in their respective playing careers and Irvine being a wide man it "may" have had an effect on tactic's etc

we definitely struggled to be as successful since Irvine left, even though on paper we have a better team.

Can't remember if I replied to this but all I'll say is Moyes, and I have no issue with the man as an individual, really is coming to the point soon where we should give someone else a go, I sincerely think sometimes the club will not win another trophy so long as he is manager, too often we have seen bizarre tactics and I even remember a year or two ago he even played Lescott as a center forward in some game, can't remember all the details but it's one thing that sticks out. He has done a fine job here and there with limited resources since 2002 arrival and the champions league finish and other regular high places are to be commended, but by the same token there were some pretty dire seasons and I even remember in 2004 the club finished nearer the relegation places and that was with a promising Rooney involved. Add to it the dismal cup records, embarrassments with Oldham and Shrewsbury amongst others, surely there can't be a repeat with Tamworth next month, surely not, but I realize and acknowledge we have reached an FA cup final and league cup semi-final under Moyes, but just feel we are going down a blind alley now so long as he stays in charge, I wish I could be more optimistic but thats how I feel about it

Couldn't post original content and had to go back to main index shaking fist.png but it saved my work but pasting comments doesn't seem to recognize words with apostrophe's for some reason