IGNORED

David Moyes appreciation thread

Avinalaff

Not everybody forgets just what a fantastic manager Moyes has been since he joined us in 2002.

He has worked tirelessly for our club, and given the fans a new sense of expectancy and pride. With very little help from the board, he has taken us back to the top end of the table, given us Wembley experience, and European excitement.

His transfer dealings have been remarkable, finding complete bargains, and turning many of them into International stars, coveted by the top clubs, and his faith in bringing young players through is there for all to see.

We are currently going through our hardest period in many years, as a business, and many fans have been at a low, with all the politics surrounding us, but it is time to stop using Moyes as an outlet for your frustrations - he simply doesn't deserve it. If anything, blame the game itself, and it's financial burden.

So he makes a few decisions that fans don't expect. The same 'out of the box' thinking was what made us a great team. You can't expect the guy to get things right all the time, nor can you expect to take the teams best players away and not have a blip.

Give the man time, and he will turn it round.

I think there is still another chapter unwritten for our club, and I don't think it will be a negative one.

It's time to get back behind the man, and start being Evertonians again.

article-1162778-03CA07D2000005DC-420_468x296.jpg

david%20moyes%20hokey%20cokey.jpg

Be strong Davey. Some of us still believe in you mate.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think your last line is a bit out of order to be honest Av.

saying if people arent behind moyes they arent evertonians.

i appreciate the job he has done, but think he could do with an attitude change at the moment and stop feeling sorry for himself in public.

he needs to cut out moaning about other teams having money to spend. if you want to moan about that do it in the chairmans office, not in a press room.

start being a bit more positive, not just in team selection, in attitude to the media.

start telling them "we are gunna try our best to go for the win."

stop telling them "we are gunna try our best to go for the win but it will be tough because they have spent money"

the club is on a downer, as manager he needs to keep a positive attitude.

I agree with most things u say here Av, and I would like nothing more than you to be right and for DM to prove us all wrong. I hope he turns it round like he does in most January's I really do. Moyes has done great things for the club. In my life time as an everton supporter I caught the mid to tail end of the 80's which were great, the 90's which weren't, and Moyes's reign which under the circumstances has been great, I particularly remember coming up to goodison to watch us smash SK Brann, tremendous playing and atmosphere. I like others just hope it's a blip, and it won't overshadow his achievements.

Moyes greatest asset and his greatest downfall is his stubborn nature. Very committed and hard working and has great self belief - problem is that he needs to evolve his methods and that isn't evident at the moment.

Example - I would love to see a 5-3-2 - our team is crying out for it

howard

Jags - Heitinga - distin

Coleman Baines

Felli

Rodwell Barkley

Drenthe

Saha

i think your last line is a bit out of order to be honest Av.

saying if people arent behind moyes they arent evertonians.

i appreciate the job he has done, but think he could do with an attitude change at the moment and stop feeling sorry for himself in public.

he needs to cut out moaning about other teams having money to spend. if you want to moan about that do it in the chairmans office, not in a press room.

start being a bit more positive, not just in team selection, in attitude to the media.

start telling them "we are gunna try our best to go for the win."

stop telling them "we are gunna try our best to go for the win but it will be tough because they have spent money"

the club is on a downer, as manager he needs to keep a positive attitude.

I didn't say that at all. Don't put words into peoples mouth.

David come on, you can't keep going around forums and trying to keep justifying your wage packet by writting little articles about what you did years past, you've got to evolve, develop players and stop being so stubborn.

I know its hard but things have got to change! And we're not saying it to hurt you but because we love you and care about you.

Please you don't have to do this anymore.

Take what's been said on the chin, man up, grow some balls and get us playing the way you used to tell us about....come on Davey, you can do it.

Now get off TT and get those lads together for some more training!

It's time to get back behind the man, and start being Evertonians again.

I didn't say that at all. Don't put words into peoples mouth.

if thats not what your saying then what are you saying?

it reads to me that some one must have stopped being an evertonian to be able to start being an evertonian again, and from your post it reads to me like they stopped being evertonians by not being behind moyes.

if this isnt what you meant then please clear it up, because i found it offensive.

I am sure Mr Moyes doesn't need people to fight his battles - he is more than capable of flashing a curt response and an icey glare at someone who dares ask him something they have been briefed not to ask.

The idea of forums is to share throughts, opinions, ideas etc - why do people take it so personally and get clearly upset when the likes of Kenwright or Moyes take some stick? The man is on £70k a week, he is in the very well rewarded firing line.

Example: one of my favourite players right now is Fellaini - stuck up for him because I was one of his biggest critics and he has proven me wrong, however on Saturday i was critical of the times he gave the ball away - he drove me nuts. Baines delivery was off etc. I am a massive fan of both players but should they continue to show poor form etc, my opinion will match it accordingly and the posts will reflect this.

if thats not what your saying then what are you saying?

it reads to me that some one must have stopped being an evertonian to be able to start being an evertonian again, and from your post it reads to me like they stopped being evertonians by not being behind moyes.

if this isnt what you meant then please clear it up, because i found it offensive.

It was just an innocent rally call. No hidden meaning.

I am sure Mr Moyes doesn't need people to fight his battles - he is more than capable of flashing a curt response and an icey glare at someone who dares ask him something they have been briefed not to ask.

The idea of forums is to share throughts, opinions, ideas etc - why do people take it so personally and get clearly upset when the likes of Kenwright or Moyes take some stick? The man is on £70k a week, he is in the very well rewarded firing line.

Example: one of my favourite players right now is Fellaini - stuck up for him because I was one of his biggest critics and he has proven me wrong, however on Saturday i was critical of the times he gave the ball away - he drove me nuts. Baines delivery was off etc. I am a massive fan of both players but should they continue to show poor form etc, my opinion will match it accordingly and the posts will reflect this.

Haf, I'm going to be honest with you.

You spoil my enjoyment of the forum with every discussion you partake in, as your negativity has a clear agenda, and it's like nails going down a black board.

Being constructive is great, but being constantly at the root of every ounce of negativity on this forum is something completely different. You're completely over the top, and the epitome of everything I hate about football fans. I actually think you're intelligent, and I would be lying if I said I particularly disliked you, but at the same time I'd like to grab you by the throat and shake you until every last drop of negativity has fallen, and that can't be a good foundation for any conversation.

In my time on here, I've seen your moaning influence many others, and they too are now fully fledged whiners of the highest order, and I really can't be arsed trying to add any positivity any more.

On an Everton forum, in a thread dedicated towards Moyes, there is barely a single nice comment towards him, and that for me shows that this forum is not the forum many of you like to think, but a sess pit of agony and torture, as you take solace and comfort in each others whinging. Life must be terrible for you guys.

Thank God I can log off at any time, because if I was ever unfortunate enough to be chained by your side, I would tear my own flesh to escape you, and your pitiful badly done to-ness.

THAT - is why I've been argumentative lately. Nothing more.

If Moyes has any sense, he will leave Everton, and let folks like you drown in your own pity. Don't worry though, because my post will no doubt be deleted, as Toffeetalk likes to pretend all is wonderful. The only way they might achieve this is if they were to dump you on Mars, and even then, I;'d like to take a obne way ticket to Pluto just to be rid of your posts.

They suck. smile.png

not many everton forums are positive at the moment, its not just this one.

there isnt much to be positive about.

There is plenty to be positive about if you stop this apparent delusion of entitlement.

We are just another club. Not special. We are only a football club. Many clubs don't exist any more, and you will see this if you look at the list of clubs that have won silverware over the years. Others are no longer in the Premiership, and no longer in the league at all. There are lots of clubs worse off than us. We are one of the fortunate few. We might not be a Man Utd, but we are still one of the best clubs in the entire league, despite our current situation.

When things can't get worse, it means things can only get better.

Would you divorce your wife if she wasn't able to perform like she did a few years ago? Where is the loyalty?

Get behind the team, and start enjoying just being there. Many are not. Anything else is a bonus.

There is plenty to be positive about if you stop this apparent delusion of entitlement.

We are just another club. Not special. We are only a football club. Many clubs don't exist any more, and you will see this if you look at the list of clubs that have won silverware over the years. Others are no longer in the Premiership, and no longer in the league at all. There are lots of clubs worse off than us. We are one of the fortunate few. We might not be a Man Utd, but we are still one of the best clubs in the entire league, despite our current situation.

Would you divorce your wife if she wasn't able to perform like she did a few years ago? Where is the loyalty?

Get behind the team, and start enjoying just being there. Many are not. Anything else is a bonus.

its not about entitlement, its not about wanting to win, its about attitude and desire.

you yourself have been very critical of baines this season, even saying he looks like he cant be arsed. why does he not get the same loyalty you show moyes?

everyone at the club is up for criticism, it comes with the job.

the same as my job comes with it if i dont perform.

its not about entitlement, its not about wanting to win, its about attitude and desire.

you yourself have been very critical of baines this season, even saying he looks like he cant be arsed. why does he not get the same loyalty you show moyes?

everyone at the club is up for criticism, it comes with the job.

the same as my job comes with it if i dont perform.

Baines gets my disapproval because he isn't performing. You could argue that Moyes isn't performing too, (I can't avoid that counter) but the two scenarios are very different.

Baines' contribution adds to Moyes' performance, not the other way around. It is much more in the players hands as to how they approach a game, where as Moyes can but field those he trusts to perform. Saha is the funny one, but he has little competition, and the younger lads are not ready according to many, including Moyes, who trains them daily. If we had investment, Moyes would have no excuse, but we haven't invested in the squad for a long time now, and what is worse, is that we have lost our best playmakers to rivals. We've had this conversation many times though, and it has failed to yield common ground, so I'm not sure it will be of benefit to keep trying.

Baines gets my disapproval because he isn't performing. You could argue that Moyes isn't performing too, (I can't avoid that counter) but the two scenarios are very different.

Baines' contribution adds to Moyes' performance, not the other way around. It is much more in the players hands as to how they approach a game, where as Moyes can but field those he trusts to perform. Saha is the funny one, but he has little competition, and the younger lads are not ready according to many, including Moyes, who trains them daily. If we had investment, Moyes would have no excuse, but we haven't invested in the squad for a long time now, and what is worse, is that we have lost our best playmakers to rivals. We've had this conversation many times though, and it has failed to yield common ground, so I'm not sure it will be of benefit to keep trying.

Dont think thats true. Managers are supposed instruct their players and inspire them which judging on our last few performances hes not doing. Moyes' performance has a huge impact on the players.

Edited by Matt

It goes both ways, i just disagree what you wrote that its only 1 way.

Baines was a bog standard right back when he joined us, and became an International because of Moyes' performance. When Baines' plays bad, it's because Moyes managed badly, and failed to inspire him.

Is that true, or is it only the bits that suit you?

Players have a duty to perform. Are they now only able to perform if the manager helps them psychologically? huh.png

Just seen this and cant agree with most of that at all, especially the part in bold.

Haf, I'm going to be honest with you.

You spoil my enjoyment of the forum with every discussion you partake in, as your negativity has a clear agenda, and it's like nails going down a black board.

Being constructive is great, but being constantly at the root of every ounce of negativity on this forum is something completely different. You're completely over the top, and the epitome of everything I hate about football fans. I actually think you're intelligent, and I would be lying if I said I particularly disliked you, but at the same time I'd like to grab you by the throat and shake you until every last drop of negativity has fallen, and that can't be a good foundation for any conversation.

In my time on here, I've seen your moaning influence many others, and they too are now fully fledged whiners of the highest order, and I really can't be arsed trying to add any positivity any more.

On an Everton forum, in a thread dedicated towards Moyes, there is barely a single nice comment towards him, and that for me shows that this forum is not the forum many of you like to think, but a sess pit of agony and torture, as you take solace and comfort in each others whinging. Life must be terrible for you guys.

Thank God I can log off at any time, because if I was ever unfortunate enough to be chained by your side, I would tear my own flesh to escape you, and your pitiful badly done to-ness.

THAT - is why I've been argumentative lately. Nothing more.

If Moyes has any sense, he will leave Everton, and let folks like you drown in your own pity. Don't worry though, because my post will no doubt be deleted, as Toffeetalk likes to pretend all is wonderful. The only way they might achieve this is if they were to dump you on Mars, and even then, I;'d like to take a obne way ticket to Pluto just to be rid of your posts.

They suck. smile.png

I won't take insult by the fact that my posts annoy you or "they suck" - they are my opinion, no agenda, no joy in negativity. The fact that you couldn't be annoyed in the way that the majority of this forum were on Saturday sums the difference between you and I - but i'm not going to analyse your character and judge in the same way you have with me. Some people like my views - shall I change them just for you?

At the end of the day I disagree with Matt, Dunc, MikeO on many things but there is a healthy respect there and the need to do an in depth analysis on the type of people we are isn't even on the cards as it is unneccesary and can be deemed offensive.

Am I irritated by your "I like David Moyes and he's a nice man and will not support Everton if he goes" ? I may be - I disagree with it, but do I feel the need to rant about it???

David Moyes is a manager that we can say had a positive impact on the history of Everton F.C - not in the same way Kendall, Royle, Catterick had, but there is a healthy respect from nearly all fans for the consolidation work he has done. The problem we have is that we can not afford to repay him with the blind faith he affords to the likes of Neville, Saha, Cahill - there are obvious failings that he needs to address - if the way in which people make those observations offends then ignore the topics, you wouldn't go and watch Frankie Boyle is you were easily offended.

Baines was a bog standard right back when he joined us, and became an International because of Moyes' performance. When Baines' plays bad, it's because Moyes managed badly, and failed to inspire him.

Is that true, or is it only the bits that suit you?

Players have a duty to perform. Are they now only able to perform if the manager helps them psychologically? huh.png

Did he really play right back? Dont remember, be interesting if its true.....

As for the rest, youre taking it as absolutes. No, its not always 100% a two way street, sometimes despite a managers best efforts a player can still have a stinker, which in turn will reflect badly on the manager. But its also true that a manager can say something to his players that inspires them or makes a positive decision in a match.

So there are cases where youre right but in my opinion the majority of the time it goes both ways.

Just seen this and cant agree with most of that at all, especially the part in bold.

That's because you have feelings of entitlement.

Please tell me how we are so special? I'll then show you Manchester United or Liverpool. Argue the case and I'll then show you Real Madrid or Barcelona, and so on.

We have a better history than many others, but that means little when we are skint, and struggling.

You remind me of the posh people on the Titanic that thought they should have a life boat to themselves.

That's because you have feelings of entitlement.

Please tell me how we are so special? I'll then show you Manchester United or Liverpool. Argue the case and I'll then show you Real Madrid or Barcelona, and so on.

We have a better history than many others, but that means little when we are skint, and struggling.

You remind me of the posh people on the Titanic that thought they should have a life boat to themselves.

It's not that though, Av. Any one who is passionate about their football club believes their club is special and not just a football club. Whether they're Accrington Stanley fans or Barcelona fans.