IGNORED

Everton Training

SBoyd79

Like I mentioned in my intro topic I am a massive fan of Mcfadden. I would love him to sign a top for me so bought an older everton top on ebay with 24 mcfaddedn on it. What is the best way to possibly meet him and get it signed?

I was thinking of finding out where they train and see if its possible to go down one day and maybe catch them on the way out and get it signed? Does anyone know if thats possible?

Also on a side note whats with all the McFadden is gay? Is there a story behind it all? Just curious as it seems quiet amusing.

Any help would be much appreciated

Not sure about catching him at Finch Farm...it's a possibility I guess but if you don't know the schedule you might be in for a long wait. I've got autographs on many occasions by getting to Goodison early and catching the players on the way in, but it can be a bit of a scrum....possibly have a word with one of the security guys, tell him you've come a long way and if he got out of bed on the right side he might help you out.

I also got a photo I took of Leon Osman signed by him by sending it to him via the club and asking him to send it back to my lad on his birthday with "To Josh...." etc on it and that worked (though a shirt might be a bit more difficult).

The gay thing is just a long running joke I think.

Cheers.

My mum knows the physios at kilmarnock FC and I remember a few seasons ago she got a killie shirt and a celtic shirt to get signed by the players when they played each other. The killie boys signed it easy but Celtic didnt allow the players to sign it as the sponsor had changed on the strip from carling to Tennants. not sure if thats a rule all clubs follow but the everton strip I got was from McFaddens first year so the sponsor and the make are different. Worried if I sent it they wouldnt sign it and then somehow never get it back but hey ho.

I don't know quite why it is, but the one thing I remember about McFadden for is scoring a goal for Scots against the Netherlands in a Euro 2004 play off game a few years ago, maybe because there was a lot of attention in the media at the time with it and it was a shock result etc

Having some trouble with posts here, only saved half my work, I also added that I was kind of pleased that McFadden came back for a second time, maybe I don't hold him the same high regard as some others but he is a honest and genuine enough individual

I don't get to many matches at Goodison these days due to work, distance and other commitments,and there will be others who live locally and get to attend on a regular basis that will be further into club operations and player watching etc, but from what I've seen Saha hasn't done too badly the last few years, he's one of the club's best forwards and although not consistent is sometimes a real attacking danger and I always think he'll be capable of something, I'm happy for him to remain an Everton player for now at risk of being torn to shreds

McFadden is only here until the end of season as I understand it and I don't envisage there will be any extension and he'll be off somewhere else, back across the border most likely