IGNORED

Our style of football

Avinalaff

according to Tim, we're playing pretty well -

Tim Cahill reckons all things considered, Everton are performing well.

After a torrid run of six defeats in seven matches in all competitions leaving Everton languishing near the relegation zone, concerns were eased with back-to-back league wins over Wolves and Bolton.

But a desperately disappointing performance followed in a 1-0 defeat on home soil to Stoke City flooring any emerging optimism.

But Tim Cahill reckons when the standard of our opposition is considered and the standard of our own squad is also factored into the equation that we´re doing pretty well.

Tim Cahill: "The run of games was always going to be difficult,"

"You can see how well teams like Swansea have stepped up but it is such a long season and there is still 30 games to go.

"I´m pretty sure there is going to be loads more to talk about from now until the end of the season.

"For me and the club it is about being consistent and maintaining that and trying to see where we finish.

"We nearly always come good all the time so it is more about taking it one game at a time and making sure we stay focused on what is important and that is basically getting results - whether it is a draw or a win.

"With our squad and the team we have got we are doing pretty well."

Read more: http://www.grandoldt...l#ixzz1fqfX5wwG

Well sir, you certainly are not.

Edited by tenaciousj

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to Tim, we're playing pretty well -

After a torrid run of six defeats in seven matches in all competitions leaving Everton languishing near the relegation zone, concerns were eased with back-to-back league wins over Wolves and Bolton.

But a desperately disappointing performance followed in a 1-0 defeat on home soil to Stoke City flooring any emerging optimism.

But Tim Cahill reckons when the standard of our opposition is considered and the standard of our own squad is also factored into the equation that we´re doing pretty well.

"You can see how well teams like Swansea have stepped up but it is such a long season and there is still 30 games to go.

"I´m pretty sure there is going to be loads more to talk about from now until the end of the season.

"For me and the club it is about being consistent and maintaining that and trying to see where we finish.

"We nearly always come good all the time so it is more about taking it one game at a time and making sure we stay focused on what is important and that is basically getting results - whether it is a draw or a win.

"With our squad and the team we have got we are doing pretty well."

Read more: http://www.grandoldt...l#ixzz1fqfX5wwG

Well sir, you certainly are not.

Sounds like Tim's had a few too many Fosters if he thinks that

How so? Moyes at any other club would have been sacked long time ago, i think it's a perfect topic for discussion, problem is Avin, most people don't want the club to get relegated, and see the club in turmoil, the same stuff is going to come up again an again, because it's not getting sorted by the people at the club ie: the manager, chairman. Difference is, you seem quite happy if the club goes down for a season like Newcastle did, and re-builds, when tbh, its only tweaking that needs to be done, its having the money, and is Moyes the man to spend it?

If those that are unhappy with Moyes looked more closely at our situation, they would realise there are many factors that are out of Moyes' hands, and he is not a master of his own destiny at Everton.

He is restricted by the financial issues surrounding the club.

This extends to having to sell players, as well as, trying to sign them. City and Spurs overtaking us, and Liverpool getting back on track, makes many fans feel as though we have slipped, but take a look at the money spent by these clubs, and, clubs below us too.

The state of modern football is the biggest underlying factor. This affects the boards ability to trade, and in turn, affects Moyes ability to manage.

It is opinion as to whether Moyes is a great tactician, but it is fact, that he has been dealt a shitty hand. Still, fans expect him to be able to produce a full house every season. Get real.

If those that are unhappy with Moyes looked more closely at our situation, they would realise there are many factors that are out of Moyes' hands, and he is not a master of his own destiny at Everton.

He is restricted by the financial issues surrounding the club.

This extends to having to sell players, as well as, trying to sign them. City and Spurs overtaking us, and Liverpool getting back on track, makes many fans feel as though we have slipped, but take a look at the money spent by these clubs, and, clubs below us too.

The state of modern football is the biggest underlying factor. This affects the boards ability to trade, and in turn, affects Moyes ability to manage.

It is opinion as to whether Moyes is a great tactician, but it is fact, that he has been dealt a shitty hand. Still, fans expect him to be able to produce a full house every season. Get real.

Its not a case of producing a full house, even i agree those expectations are just ludicrous, but Moyes and the players could do a damm sight better than they are at the moment, thats for sure.

I think Tims been on the lager, what league is he playing in, at the last count i think theres only 25 more to play.

Its not a case of producing a full house, even i agree those expectations are just ludicrous, but Moyes and the players could do a damm sight better than they are at the moment, thats for sure.

Please explain how.

No disrespect to anybody in particular, but my old boss used to say "Don't knock on my door with a problem, unless you have a solution to it".

Don't say you are unhappy, then wait for others to find a way to make you happier. Tell us how to make you happy, and if we can make it happen, we will. If we can't, accept things as they are, as it's likely that what you ask is unachievable. wink.png

Please explain how.

No disrespect to anybody in particular, but my old boss used to say "Don't knock on my door with a problem, unless you have a solution to it".

Don't say you are unhappy, then wait for others to find a way to make you happier. Tell us how to make you happy, and if we can make it happen, we will. If we can't, accept things as they are, as it's likely that what you ask is unachievable. wink.png

we can start by dropping players who clearly are not performing such as Cahill, and even if he was, him and Saha can't play together, it's there for all to see. I also think we would be better with 3 at the back instead of 2, and lets stop with the hoofball, we are a small team, its pointless hitting high balls for small players to try and compete against massive CB, play it across the deck, start by making Howard roll the ball out instead of kicking it out, there's 4 changes id make for starters. :)

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2011/12/stats-look-bleak-for-cahill/

Whilst most strikers don't touch the ball a great deal of times with the case of Cahill it is a worry. He is not an out and out striker, he is an attcking midfielder/deep lying forward.

Cahills game has always been making a nuisance, dropping deep, holding the ball up arriving late in the box - something is wrong and it does coincide with the quality of his perfromances.

If you ask me it's them blue nets...we've been shite ever since we changed them!

We haven't been this flat since 03/04, no ideas in midfield, long ball to a lone striker with nobody within 20 yards to run onto a flick, no flair, no clue as a team. Without baines we'd be in real trouble in my opinion.

How anyone could include Billy in a 'how I'd line us up' is beyond me, he's shocking...when he's not hiding he's misscontrolling and i can't remember the last time I seen a winger with no intention of beating defenders or trying to get down the line. He's got to go in January.

It's truly depressing watching us at the moment especially since 3 years ago we had a real chance of breaking into the top 4. Seemingly the board was content on letting the team drop into mid table obscurity once again....nil satis nisi optimum hey!

8th place is £10.4m with the increase/decrease being £800k per place

It's not hard to see why a small club would be reluctant to invest then.

Fellaini's wages are £3.6mil alone, without other income he receives from image rights etc. All the profit gained from 1 extra place for 5 years.

We would have to spend 'huge' to try and overtake the teams above us. It makes more sense to just be content to be in the Prem, and sign 'nobody'.

Selling Arteta was the equivalent of winning the league. wink.png

When you say £10.4 million for 8th place thats not all they get, they came away last year with about £60 million.

PremierMoney.jpg

£42 million plus about a million at every home match 35.000 average gate at £30 entrance.

Edited by Bill

We do http://www.evertonba...ecord-comm.html

Think the point StevO's making is that we have a fixed income from selling the rights to Kitbag.

Is that a fact btw?

it is mike from what i have gathered. we earn a guaranteed £3m a year (approx) as a flat rate and then whatever kitbag make from selling the merchandise is theirs. we also get some cash from the kit manufacturer, also as a flat rate i believe.

it is mike from what i have gathered. we earn a guaranteed £3m a year (approx) as a flat rate and then whatever kitbag make from selling the merchandise is theirs. we also get some cash from the kit manufacturer, also as a flat rate i believe.

Didn't realise (or maybe I did and I forgot) that the LCS deal is over at the end of this year. Wonder what'll happen there.

Didn't realise (or maybe I did and I forgot) that the LCS deal is over at the end of this year. Wonder what'll happen there.

Rumours are Nike will be doing our kit - don't think it matters too much to be honest. The fact that Kitbag have exclusivity means that impulse airport and general high street 'trendy' kit buys are out of the question.

Personally I think that LCS have done some great kits - not a trendy name but all the same the quality has been great.

Ideal scenario would have been Nike doing our kits with a major sales focus on the U.S when we had Donovan and Tim in the same team.