IGNORED

Hello from Potters-Online

Hi everybody, Potters fan in peace here smile.png

Looking forward to out game at the weekend ? You have to be optimistic, our away form is terrible at the moment shaking%20fist.png

Anyway down to the reason I am here, I have just launched a brand new forum for Stoke fans called Potters-Online and we hope to do a regular opposition view feature. You are our first game that we are giving it a go so no pressure smile.png

If you wouldn't mind answering a few questions for me and I will pop back on later in the week to pick up the responses smile.png Of course I will add a link to the forum in the post as well.

1. How do you think Everton have done so far this season, and where do you think you will finish in the table ?

2. Who is your star man at the moment ? anyone we should watch out for ?

3. What do you think about the current situation Everton find themselves in ? An obvious lack of investment and a stadium that isn't adequate for your needs ??

4. What are your views on Stoke City ?

5. Which Stoke player(s) would have at Everton

6. What is your score prediction ?

Thanks very much for taking the time to answer these few questions, I will be back later in the week to pick up the responses, in the mean time if any of you want to talk about the match with us, you are more than welcome, the site is brand new so it's a little quiet at the moment smile.png

www.potters-online.co.uk

Edited by Potters-Online

Hi everybody, Potters fan in piece here smile.png

Looking forward to out game at the weekend ? You have to be optimistic, our away form is terrible at the moment shaking%20fist.png

Anyway down to the reason I am here, I have just launched a brand new forum for Stoke fans called Potters-Online and we hope to do a regular opposition view feature. You are our first game that we are giving it a go so no pressure smile.png

If you wouldn't mind answering a few questions for me and I will pop back on later in the week to pick up the responses smile.png Of course I will add a link to the forum in the post as well.

1. How do you think Everton have done so far this season, and where do you think you will finish in the table ?

The usual slow start plus we've played a lot of the top teams, but we usually pull it around in the second half of the season. Cant see us getting any higher than 7th-8th

2. Who is your star man at the moment ? anyone we should watch out for ?#

We havent had a star man as yet, most have been playing below their usual standards so Probably Fellaini and Baines are the best of a bad bunch at the moment.

3. What do you think about the current situation Everton find themselves in ? An obvious lack of investment and a stadium that isn't adequate for your needs ??

Yeah you've said it all

Like ourselves you seem to punch above your weight, your manager is similar to ours in that he gets the best from his players, hard work makes up for lack of skill.

Etherington and Shawcross

Its never easy against a Stoke side, i cant see us keeping a clean sheet so i'm hoping for a hard fought 2-1 win.

Best of luck for the rest of the season Shawn.

Thanks very much for taking the time to answer these few questions, I will be back later in the week to pick up the responses, in the mean time if any of you want to talk about the match with us, you are more than welcome, the site is brand new so it's a little quiet at the moment smile.png

www.potters-online.co.uk

Edited by Bill

Thanks very much for the reply Bill. most appreciated.

I've got many friends who are blue's living where I do in Cheshire im surrounded by supporters of both Merseyside and Manchester clubs.

I won't be able to show my face on the school playground if we get stuffed ! :)

I'm not coming to the game this season, I've been the three previous seasons but I can't justify the money at the moment, especially with the view you get from the away section, added to the fact we are very likely to lose it's just not worth it for me :(

hey there, welcome to the site :)

Again, another slow start following a very positive end to last season. I was really hoping we would shake this hoodoo of sleepy starts but I dont think Artetas last minute departure helped. That said, dont think weve missed him on the field, just think it caused a little distruption.

Felli is in form at the mo and can dominate most midfields on his own. Rodwell might be back too so the 2 of them could cause some issues. Never write of Baines either, hes not been his usual self of late but hes still very dangerous.

This is not a short answer! I'd have a look in the General Everton Discussion forum to see all the topics and debates going on about that!

Hard working and very difficult to play against. Physical team which dont shirk from challenges so will be an interesting battle as usual (interesting doesnt necessary mean exciting though!). Im hoping your dodgy run of forms is extended at least til our game before you find your winning ways again :)

Etherington is quite a tricksy player when hes on form and Walters seems quite a decent player too.

Im really hoping we continue our new found winning streak, maybe 1-0 to us (going to be hard getting more than that) but could see this being a draw.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the site and the upcoming game :)

Everton are living up to their ‘slow starters’ tag quite admirably but as you may have heard, we have already played the ‘big’ teams, so we weren’t expecting many points in and around the October fixtures. Problems that I have had with the start though, aren’t a result of our current league position but the way in which we have played. Some games this season have been incredibly painful and frustrating to watch and some substitutions/tactical/formation based decisions have left a lot to be desired. I think we’ll finish anywhere between 12
th
and 8
th
(at a push) Top 5 if I’ve mistakenly smoked something incredibly powerful.

1. Who is your star man at the moment ? anyone we should watch out for ?

Fellaini. He’s an absolute monster in the middle. This “clumsy”, “elbowy”, “nasty” impression that people have of him, couldn’t be any further from the truth. On his day (and I genuinely believe so), Fellaini could walk into any of the big teams within the league. He has deceptively good feet for a big man, he has an engine that keeps him running well beyond the 90 minutes, he has an inhuman ability to ‘pluck’ the ball out of the air with any part of his body…give Fellaini too much room to move and he’ll punish you (see goal against Bolton).
Honorable mentions – Drenthe if he’s fit. Vellios if he comes off the bench, Baines dependant who's in front of him

1. What do you think about the current situation Everton find themselves in ? An obvious lack of investment and a stadium that isn't adequate for your needs ??

It’s not great. I think it’s well documented. We have a renegade group trying their best to sort something out (credit where credits due) but they’re a bunch of tools (and certainly not the sharpest in the toolbox) so we’ll probably just stagnate for a while. Goodison is in desperate need of updating, not just aesthetically but for corporate, financial reasons.
And as you’ve pointed out, we have no funds, so it’s a time to build on what we currently have and for Everton’s future, that’s our young players and squad. I’d like DM to give more time to actual, promising players to get them ready for a time when we’ll be dependent on them. His inability to drop favorites’ and playing ‘injured’ members of the squad before these kids is unbelievably frustrating but if there is one major plus in the Everton camp, it’s that our current academy crop is full of (not just promising) VERY promising youngsters.

1. What are your views on Stoke City ?

The team or place? I live not far from the A500, so I have a few stories about nights out in Hanley…don’t do the ‘Liquid’ scene sorry, I’m more of an ‘Underground’ sort of guy. Genuinely I was a bit upset when I thought the new Tesco at Hanley had taken it away!!...but I’m guessing you mean the team? I have a fair few mates who are Stoke City fans, so I hear a fair amount of moans and groans but generally, they’re pretty happy with what the team’s achieved. I don’t mind Stoke, honest team, can play hard but also play some good stuff. You’ve got good bunch of lads there, they seem like they’ll work hard for one another too which is important. It’s nice to see a team initiate in Movember as well, it shows community and squad bonding, and it was nice to see. Also, you’re in Europe and not doing too badly! Not far from qualification either. Stoke are an unknown entity in Europe and that helps, keep it up and you’ll do well.

1. Which Stoke player(s) would have at Everton

Begovic, Shawcross and Palacios for me. Really like Begovic, still really young for a keeper, looks like he’ll only improve with experience! Shawcross….need I say more? Palacios was unfairly ousted at Spurs IMO, and thought when you bought him that Everton had missed a trick…also he lives opposite my folks’ so if he moved to Everton, I could say that they live opposite an Everton player
:P

1. What is your score prediction ?

As you’ve pointed out, your current away record looks…not that good. So I hope we can knick it. If you fancy having someone sent off, then that’ll help us and we’ll be ok, it’ll especially help with our starting strike partnership of Tim ’11 months shy’ Cahill and Louis ‘If I can be arsed’ Saha, not being able to actually attack. If we start with Vellios, I hope he brings the power of Zeus and scores a brace but I’m not the manager
:)
But if we start with Drenthe, Vellios and Rodwell…I think we’ll be fine. Jags has had his fair share of runnings with Crouch and he usually does ok. So I only see a clean sheet (sorry) and a dirty dirty goal (not Emily Scott dirty, just an own goal or something similar) from us…so I’ll go for;
Everton 1-0 Stoke

The team or place? I live not far from the A500, so I have a few stories about nights out in Hanley…don’t do the ‘Liquid’ scene sorry, I’m more of an
‘Underground
’ sort of guy. Genuinely I was a bit upset when I thought the new Tesco at Hanley had taken it away!!...

Love it or hate it place, I've been in there twice and it's the latter for me!

Our start to the season hasn't been good as much for the lack of optimism as the results. While we had a tough run of games the fans have been at a real low seeing little sign that things will improve at the club any time soon.

Results wise if you look at the games it's not so bad considering who we played and our tendancy to start bad every season. Were now on 2 wins in a row on what we'd say is a much easier run of games and are already into 8th place.

Fellaini for me, underrated by many, when you actually watch him around the pitch you realise how much ground he covers despite his lazy looking de meaner. He wins the ball all over the park and will always play a good simple pass.

Drenthe if he's fit is a man to watch out for, popular with fans already he looks to have a decent attitude. He's keen to impress, has pace and skills and with his one goal has shown he's no mug in front of goal. If he can continue to improve in the side he could be one of our key threats in attack this season.

I think it's a sad situation that all of our forums and discussions now are unfortunately concerned with the business of the club more than what they do on the pitch. It's a disappointing situation that we are no longer able to challenge where we feel we should be and with the money coming in at some other clubs it becomes much harder to even hold the previous seasons position. Were now in 8th and not many would say that we will finish any more than 1 place higher than that despite what's been a poor start.

We can but hope for investment, be it big investment or enough investment to aid us in getting a new stadium and wipe/reduce debts so as to get us in the right direction, apparently people are interested but until I see something concrete and real I won't really believe it will happen. Our chairman has best intentions at heart but needs to relinquish his grasp on the club if he is to make investment from outside likely in the near future.

A pretty decent side who can trouble anyone at home making the ground a real fortress (barring a bad run of games this season). They're well known for their long ball and set piece tactics but they've shown plenty of times that they are more than capable of some decent football at times.

They've got a decent sold squad of players and I've been surprised to see the defence leaking so many goals this season, something that's not been a problem in the past and even with injuries they appear to have plenty of backup in defence.

Etherington and Shawcross maybe.

I think we'll win 2-1. Clean sheets have been few and far between and Stoke have enough of a threat that they could get a goal but I feel we can continue to improve our form with another win here. I'll call Etherington for you and Bily and Vellios for us. (Drenthe instead of Bily if he's fit).

Thanks for all the replies folks, it's a great start to our feature.

If you want to have a look at the replies you get, here's a link http://www.potters-online.co.uk/showthread.php?57-Opposition-View-Everton-FC&p=252#post252

If anymore replies come in I will add them to the thread.

All the best to you for the rest of the season (apart from our games of course:) ) and once again a huge thanks for taking the time to answer the questions for us.

We have started as most of us imagined tbh, although there seems to be a real air of doom and gloom, probably to do with the off-field problems, and our wonderful friends at the Buffoon Union. Finish- well no higher than 7th, and hopefully no lower than 10th

Well Baines never fails to let us down, and Rodwell is finally starting to show the promise of a few years ago, if he's back in the team Jack is your man i reckon.

Well, its a right old mess that's for sure, its hard to fault BK for some of his work for the club, but at the same time he has made some catastrophic errors in the form of statements to fans, and false promises, that have come back to haunt him, and will probably be the cause of his downfall, I do believe he wants to sell, but for how much, who knows, and hopefully too someone with some experience of running a sports based business.

Unfortunately the game these days is based around money, we need some, and BK has none, its a shame but it's the way of the game sadly.

.4. What are your views on Stoke City ?

Ive seen Stoke on the tv a few times, they have some decent players, i dont know too much about them as a club, although they do seem to have some similarities to us, Tony Pulis seems quite clued up, ive been impressed as well the way you have coped with UEFA and premier league this season, its not easy.

Shawcross is in my FF team so him, that Walters looks decent, and your goalkeeper, Begovic

I can see this being a draw tbh, say 2-2

www.potters-online.co.uk

Edited by theprisoner

Everton have done badly, to put it bluntly. I will accept mid table, but I really hoped for so much more. But no signings in the window tore that hope away from me.

Not sure we have any Stars just now, but when Vellios comes on he is likely to score.

I love Goodison, yet even I have to admit we need something better than the grand old Lady. We are broke, make no bones about it, we are desperate for some sort of big cash influx. The financial situation is awful for a club of Everton's standing.

One of my friends is a Stoke supporter, and I was raised in the midlands as a young lad. I am happy to see them in top flight football again, they are a proud old club with a good history.

In all honesty I am not sure we need any of the Stoke players. Could maybe make use of Shawcross. But in truth, there is nobody there that I could see fitting in with our squad. (Not to say they are not good, just that we have no use for them, in my opinion.)

Not a high score, I think 2 - 0 will be all we can expect. More likely a 1 - 1 draw.

Thank you for the post

www.potters-online.co.uk

www.potters-online.co.uk

Hi matey, and good luck for the season.

I think considering our team, we've probably done well, and I don't see any crisis like other fans might. I expect to finish in the top 10, and would be happy with that this year.

I think the young Greek lad Vellios is gaining confidence, as is Rodwell, but in a game like this I think Fellaini will be your biggest concern.

We've been in the same situation for a long time. Many fans are now moaning more because their expectancy levels were very high after a good period, and they see that period coming to an end. The fact some are now turning on Moyes is uncharacteristic of Everton fans, and undeserving on Moyes' part.

They've done very well, and remind me very much of ourselves.

Right now I'd take them all.

I'm not expecting a goal fest, but I think Everton are still the favourites. I'd be happy not to get beat. Anything else is a bonus. 1-0 Everton.

1. Which Stoke player(s) would have at Everton

Begovic, Shawcross and Palacios for me. Really like Begovic, still really young for a keeper, looks like he’ll only improve with experience! Shawcross….need I say more? Palacios was unfairly ousted at Spurs IMO, and thought when you bought him that Everton had missed a trick…
also he lives opposite my folks’ so if he moved to Everton, I could say that they live opposite an Everton player
tongue.png

I made him wait whilst i pulled out of a junction today (off a bridge), my Seat shits on his Bentley Continental. "Have THAT Wilson!!!" Oh man, I made myself laugh I did laugh.png

www.potters-online.co.uk

1. Really disappointed. Moyes has a team capable of far better, he needs to attack more freely and allow his players to express themselves. Hopefully finish about 8-9th if we pick up.

2. Star man is Fellaini, dominant in midfield. Look out for Barkley or Drenthe, both have it to change a game, unfortunately Moyes doesn't seem to trust either as much as I believe he should.

3. Lack of investment and stadium is down to one thing, the current board. They have had long enough and I don't trust them one bit.

4. Stoke are possibly one of the most improved clubs over the last 5-6 years. Good chairman, they make the use of their stadium (used most days of the week), good set of fans, footballing style leaves a little to be desired but so does ours for different reasons. Manager seems passionate and gets the most from his players.

5. Would have Walters (Moyes type of player - runs himself ragged), I like Etherington as he takes a man on and gets the ball in the danger areas.

6. 2-1 Everton