IGNORED

Cahill playing through the pain barrier

Matt

Billy's debut he was awesome, the quality of his delivery from out wide was special.

Home to Athens, remember it well, his corners were brilliant also....has he taken any since?

Hugely impressive and exciting debut.....and it's been downhill ever since. Maybe the opposition is the clue; he's just not suited to the English game.

Home to Athens, remember it well, his corners were brilliant also....has he taken any since?

Hugely impressive and exciting debut.....and it's been downhill ever since. Maybe the opposition is the clue; he's just not suited to the English game.

I know you're sceptical, but I really do think he'd be a different player when played more centrally or behind the striker. Every time he's shown glimpses of something is when he's wandered inside from the wing. Much the same as Osman tbh; he only looks good when played on the wing but leaves his position to join in in the centre. The trouble with that is that it leaves the full-back hopelessly exposed.

If I managed a full back marking him I woukld tell them to close him at every opportunity, even if he dinks it past most full backs have the pace to recover.

Snodgrass at leeds has the same problem, tricks yes, nice feet yes, beats a defender and they recover before any damage is done.

I know you're sceptical...

I don't think I've ever given up on a player as much as I have on him....even VDM I held out more hope for.

I'd desperately love to be proved wrong.

First post in the MOTM thread v AEK two years back...

Gave it to Bily. Three assists, beautiful set piece delivery....just what we need.

However...

AEK's defending may be the worst I've ever seen....