IGNORED

Royston Drenthe position

Been reading up about synergy, and a lot of what we are seeing in terms of predictability, lack of invention etc is down to the lack of synergy within the coaching staff and the players.

Synergy as an example would be Lennon and McCartney, individually talented but different styles, combined they were explosive. If they were the same the music would have had a shorter life span, been predictable, as opposites it gave them longevity, creativity.

Where does this fit in with Everton? We are solid defensively 99% of the time - our coaches and management are defensive by nature. If we have an attack minded coach would there be friction? maybe, they can put that aside and find a happy medium to make that work. It is clear we lack goals and the reasons are pretty evident.

Why am I posting this in the drenthe thread? He gives us what we haven't got, unpredicatbility, flair, a lack of positional discipline. We need him to make the components work though - too much of the same is not a good mix.

Royston Drenthe: 396 minutes, 2 goals, 3 assists

Seamus Coleman: 900 minutes, 0 goals, 0 assists

Diniyar Bilyaletdinov: 434 minutes, 0 goals, 1 assist

I think it's pretty obvious we need Drenthe to play so whatever the reason is he's not, it needs to be solved.

A valid point to make is that Drenthe has been the only one who has had a real element of constructive criticism also... If I was him would I be happy about that? Not so sure. It certainly wasn't right to be aired to the press. My way of handling him would be "Royston, you have been an immense addition to our attacking options, great stuff, need you to show a little more in the way of getting back but i'm really pleased with you"

Against Arsenal I witnessed Billy pulling out of a 60/40 in his favour, I have witnessed coleman give the ball away numerous times also. I think Drenthe is the type of player who needs to feel the love.

Im trying to link the words winger and moyes, having a little trouble. a bit like Benitez and full back.

Seriously, I can't recall the last time we had a winger that could pin a full back and provide endless opportunities. Drenthe is the only one under moyes.

Right mid if saha plays (he can drop and provide decoy runs. 1-2's) left if vellios plays (get ball in the box)

It'd be easier to link the words Ginger and Moyes and make some progress really..

Just to answer the authors questions again Drenthe could ideally play in either a defensive or forward position if needs be but seems best suited to a midfield space, I haven't seen him live yet since his loan move and hope to get up to Goodison again before end of season to watch the team play once more, I honestly aren't aware of any altercation with the manager, I don't believe there's any substance to it, just one of those misplaced rumors that always flies around, from what I've seen on TV of Drenthe, he looks a useful player and will still have something to add you would think before his loan deal ends, we have Donovan coming back next month too to bump up the midfield department albeit only for six-eight weeks or so, Grand Old Team will be pleased 67.gif

• 4 weeks later...

time will tell,the injurys are another problem we never seem to know whats wrong with him he plays one game then hes out

moyes has said hes likely to only play in home games,so i cant see moyes signing him,dont get me wrong i hope hes a big success

but i cant really see it.

It's definitely odd, but the speculation doesn't help the situation. It's a funny relationship fans have. They obviously care dearly about 'everything' yet get to know about 'nothing'. That kind of underlines things for fans who think it's 'their' club.

time will tell,the injurys are another problem we never seem to know whats wrong with him he plays one game then hes out

moyes has said hes likely to only play in home games,so i cant see moyes signing him,dont get me wrong i hope hes a big success

but i cant really see it.

i agree Patto, i have a funny feeling we won't sign him long term, i think he fits in the team, but there does seem to be some mystery between him and Moyes and ultimately i don't think he will stay, i just hope he does'nt go to the shite like was rumoured not long ago.