IGNORED

Kenwright's leaders in football interview

Matt

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was Louis contemplating a hypothetical dilemna from a personal perspectivehuh.png .

Kenwright didn't refer to Kirkby once.

Kenwright did say that Mansoor may have been interested if we had stadium plan in place... personally I don't buy that, his wealth is ridiculous, he would acquire a site and you would have a stadium built.

Kenwright did say that Mansoor may have been interested if we had stadium plan in place... personally I don't buy that, his wealth is ridiculous, he would acquire a site and you would have a stadium built.

wealth is earned by being sensible with money, 400m extra to buy a stadium on top off what he would have spent on players (say 400m for arguments sake because thats roughly what Citeh have spent) and with wages he would be pushing a 1 billion spend without return (if you include wages etc). Without the new stadium he wouldve spent around 500-600m (again including wages etc) like he has. Biiiiiig difference in money spent, regardless of him being a billionaire or not.

even so, 400m extra to spend is a lot of money to anyone, especially a business man!

The stadium spend would add to the valuation of the club. Even then, £400m as a representation of his wealth - estimated at £20billion is 0.73% - or put in other words, would you quibble about spending £145 on home inmprovements if you had £20,000 in the bank?

Business decisions? He is an oil man, when the price of a barrell goes up by $1, it increases revenue in abu dhabi by $500m a day - it's not like he running a chain of hairdressers. He is riding the wave of one the most important commodities in the world.

In short he is filthy rich, to the point that in terms of risk analysis, he needen't apply it to his hobby. Let's face it - "a hobby" that's what it is.

In relevance to his wealth, owning a football club and buying a stadium for it is no different to you or I playing golf and buying a pack of Pro V1 golf balls.

The stadium spend would add to the valuation of the club. Even then, £400m as a representation of his wealth - estimated at £20billion is 0.73% - or put in other words, would you quibble about spending £145 on home inmprovements if you had £20,000 in the bank?

Business decisions? He is an oil man, when the price of a barrell goes up by $1, it increases revenue in abu dhabi by $500m a day - it's not like he running a chain of hairdressers. He is riding the wave of one the most important commodities in the world.

In short he is filthy rich, to the point that in terms of risk analysis, he needen't apply it to his hobby. Let's face it - "a hobby" that's what it is.

In relevance to his wealth, owning a football club and buying a stadium for it is no different to you or I playing golf and buying a pack of Pro V1 golf balls.

let me ask you this then. If you had his money and had the choice of spending an additional 400m or not, when you have no allegiance to any club, what would you do?

let me ask you this then. If you had his money and had the choice of spending an additional 400m or not, when you have no allegiance to any club, what would you do?

I would choose the club with the best manager, existing talent, pipelined talent, and fanbase. As I have said, the £400m would be an investment and realised if and when the resale of the club happened. So on the basis of that Everton. At the time of his purchase we were arguably 4 top class players away from certain Top 4 champions league qualification. We had the option to buy Finch farm, which would be like popping out to buy a loaf for him.

City do not own the Etihad at present and are looking to buy it off the council - so in effect they do need to spend money to acquire their own stadium, putting them in a similar financial situation.

I would argue that if he bought Everton, the council would welcome him with open arms and give him a site that would allow him to regenerate an area with excellent transport links etc.

So in answer to your question, Everton.

It was just a thought. But I had that sort of money, and wanted a club with a big fan base and big stadium and big players, and i had no emotional attachment to a club, it would have to be united. OK you would probably need £1bn to buy them, but if you put that money out there and they are run debt free, you could make huge profit and still spend on players, not have to build anything up, not have to push to get to the next level. Instead of making City compete with the big boys, you could try to make united take over barca.

if fergie had £400m to spend on players, i could only imagine the team he would end up with.

It was just a thought. But I had that sort of money, and wanted a club with a big fan base and big stadium and big players, and i had no emotional attachment to a club, it would have to be united. OK you would probably need £1bn to buy them, but if you put that money out there and they are run debt free, you could make huge profit and still spend on players, not have to build anything up, not have to push to get to the next level. Instead of making City compete with the big boys, you could try to make united take over barca.

if fergie had £400m to spend on players, i could only imagine the team he would end up with.

Probably use F.C United as a B team also. Buy quality young players and "loan" them out to them till they are ready

If I had as much money as he did, I would look to design and create my own stadium to be honest. If he is going to the trouble of redeveloping and improving the whole area with training grounds etc I dont think he would have been put off too much with having to build a new stadium.

jealous?

Just don't like over rated players, he is the epitomy of over rated for me. Reminds me of the golden boys in the school team who you knew you had so much more ability than, but they were played no matter what and had the temerity to takes all dead balls even though there were better equipped players to do it. The ones who the P.E teachers loved.

Can't help but think he has had the need to be the best (due to his dad) and that need has pushed him further than he would ever have gone based on natural talent (fair play I suppose)

I haven't got a chip on my shoulder about it, it's just frustrating for me to see a midfielder achieve so much in statistical WOW without ever doing much in terms of being a complete player. If he had to play in a two man central role like Parker did for west ham you wouldn't see him. Strikes a mean ball with his right peg and that's about it, other than that he represents all that is wrong with footbvalling cliques with his mate JT,

Just don't like over rated players, he is the epitomy of over rated for me. Reminds me of the golden boys in the school team who you knew you had so much more ability than, but they were played no matter what and had the temerity to takes all dead balls even though there were better equipped players to do it. The ones who the P.E teachers loved.

Can't help but think he has had the need to be the best (due to his dad) and that need has pushed him further than he would ever have gone based on natural talent (fair play I suppose)

I haven't got a chip on my shoulder about it, it's just frustrating for me to see a midfielder achieve so much in statistical WOW without ever doing much in terms of being a complete player. If he had to play in a two man central role like Parker did for west ham you wouldn't see him. Strikes a mean ball with his right peg and that's about it, other than that he represents all that is wrong with footbvalling cliques with his mate JT,

Hardly see him give the ball away, drops back and takes the ball off the defenders, good in the air, good first touch, intelligent, athletic, '' get's a foot in'', always in or around the box on the attack, fluid in his passing, defensive heading ability, attacking heading ability. And yeah I think he still has a lot to offer. Steve G and him would have worked if a defensive player was to be used in a midfield of three for England. In my opinion, and I stress it's only an opinion, one of the '' complete'' players England have produced in years.

Hardly see him give the ball away, drops back and takes the ball off the defenders, good in the air, good first touch, intelligent, athletic, '' get's a foot in'', always in or around the box on the attack, fluid in his passing, defensive heading ability, attacking heading ability. And yeah I think he still has a lot to offer. Steve G and him would have worked if a defensive player was to be used in a midfield of three for England. In my opinion, and I stress it's only an opinion, one of the '' complete'' players England have produced in years.

You state those attributes and I'm scratching my head. Good in the air? Useless more like! He's like the spruce goose. Good first touch? Not even going there, unless he's at berbatov, silva, Rooney level then all he has is standard and at premiership level don't even mention it. His tackling is poor, ask alonso. Athleticism? He plays with a bungee string attached to the opponents goal post.

Take it from me, one of the most fortunate players I've seen. Intelligence - yes, he managed to pull it off. Watch him in a two man midfield, non existent.