IGNORED

David Moyes on Football Focus

Louis

Half decent interview although in reality we learn nothing new.

Comes across as much more pragmatic on this interview than he ever does after a match (but that's to be understood when luck, and referees are not on your side!)

I do wonder though - at what point he 'may' think it's never going to happen for him at Everton and if he wants to win something, when does he go? and to where?

And where could he go? if it were to happen tomorrow - where would he get? Newcastle / Villa / Spurs / West Ham ? all arguably sideways moves or downwards, and even if you think a couple of those MIGHT be a step up (at the moment), it's not a giant leap is it?

It's very hard to see where Moyes could / would go even if a job came up. Man United is the only one I think he'd definitely consider. City? nah - too much of a merry-go-round. Liverpool? not going to happen is it!.... Chelsea? nah he's British.

oooh maybe Arsenal - yes, that could be a possible.

ok, United or Arsenal, but can't see beyond those two.

The interviewer also alluded to an important factor - the fans seem to stick by him.

From what I've read on this forum, a lot aren't impressed with his tactics / style of play recent (if ever) but none are calling for his head.

Perhaps, when Mr Moyes sits down every Friday night with a glass of wine - he must think - it's not perfect at Everton, but it's not hell either. It would take one hell of an offer to keep him away from a comfortable environment with a club he's grown to love.

But from an outsider's point of view.... it would be nice, out of curiosity, to see what he could do with money, or at another club - to see if he's really as good as we suspect.

i think moyes would do well with money..his big signings all worked out well for the time they were here..beattie, johnson, yakubu all did what they were bought to do..fellaini is one of the finest midfielders in the prem..the only big money signing that hasn't really worked is bily but the guy does have something likable about his play in my eyes..also a few round me at the ground like something about him so there is something there maybe it just hasn't shone out yet..as for his tactics maybe he wouldn't be so negative with a stronger strike force? i don't know but for me it is by far his biggest downfall