IGNORED

LDP: "the current regime has taken the club as far as it can"

Louis

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2011/08/26/ian-doyle-bill-kenwright-has-to-ensure-everton-fc-don-t-miss-the-boat-92534-29304564/

So are the club doing enough to sell themselves? Evidently not. Don’t forget, this isn’t Norwich City or Swansea City we’re talking about, but the fourth-most successful club in English league history, which has spent the most time in the top flight.

Everton should be advertised on its strengths – a well-supported Premier League team with a world-class, albeit leased, training facility that works within its limits and hasn’t overly been caught in the trap of trying to keep up with the leading clubs.

That may be not what supporters want to hear right now, but clearly the banks have decided the Goodison outfit are no longer able to chase the dream. Reality has bitten.

Everton are still paying the price for not so much mismanagement in the early Premier League era, but a failure to fully move with the times they were pressing for as one of the original ‘big five’.

They’ve long since been usurped from that exclusive group. Only now, thanks to improvements in their commercial operation, are they starting to play catch-up. But it is a long, long road.

Everton must be more proactive. There are things that can be done – securing a site for a new stadium would be a start – although Kenwright’s reluctance to reveal a price tag makes it impossible to speculate whether he is overvaluing the club.

While no-one of sane mind would deny the chairman’s devotion to Everton, he must reconcile his efforts to protect against cowboy investment with an understandable desire to cling on to a dream role of every Evertonian.

It’s clear the current regime has taken the club as far as it can. Everton missed the boat once in the Premier League era; perhaps Kenwright’s greatest legacy would be to ensure they dare not do so again.

I think that's pretty much nail on the head?

huh.png Same old same old isn't it? Nothing added that hasn't been said a hundred times.

One very confused sentence though...don't know how...

"There are things that can be done – securing a site for a new stadium would be a start – although Kenwright’s reluctance to reveal a price tag makes it impossible to speculate whether he is overvaluing the club."

....got past the sub editors.

"Nail on head" when you agree with the writer but "I think that the Echo should be reporting things in greater depth" when you don't Louis.

There's f'ck all depth in that piece imo.

Re-hashed platitudes that we've been hearing since 2009. Yawn.

Someone call me when the Echo, Post or any media outlet anywhere has a truly new or unique viewpoint on anything to do with Everton. Quite frankly, the constant re-writing of these articles on our seemingly impending doomsday are an embarrassment to sports journalism.

Karen Brady:

Monday, August 22

IT'S odd that clubs of every division, town and liability are takeover targets from abroad, yet no one wants to invest in Everton.

Theatre impresario Bill Kenwright, the Everton chairman, has moved heaven and earth and even bid for a stadium in Kirkby to try to tempt a moneybags. So he deserves better than his treatment by a bunch of clever dicks who secretly taped his confidential comments on the club's finances.

The team was booed yesterday and there's a suggestion that some of the noise was aimed at my friend.

Hands off, I say. Bill is a major reason why Everton still have a lot to offer.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/sunsport_columnists/3777982/Karren-Bradys-football-diary.html

Louis Saha offers his opinion to Andy Hunter:

http://www.guardian....rton-louis-saha

"I understand why the fans are frustrated. As a supporter you always want things to improve. But you know, people in the club, on the board, are trying hard. It is not easy to get the finance to spend on players. If it is possible, I'm sure they will do it, but it is not. There is nothing the board can do, nothing the players can do, so we just have to work hard and move on. I still think this season can be different."

The Karen Brady piece made me laugh. Does she only reserve her hard line business acumen for the apprentices? She talks about Kirby as if bill needed a pat on the back for it!

Continuing to put your faith in bill is like allowing Tony hibbert to take our direct free kicks, you can't doubt his passion and will to score, you just know he hasn't got the talent to do it. Row z has taken to many batterings.

The Karen Brady piece made me laugh. Does she only reserve her hard line business acumen for the apprentices? She talks about Kirby as if bill needed a pat on the back for it!

Continuing to put your faith in bill is like allowing Tony hibbert to take our direct free kicks, you can't doubt his passion and will to score, you just know he hasn't got the talent to do it. Row z has taken to many batterings.

Would love to see a Hibbo Fk from 30yds out

Edited by HalewoodBlue

Would love to see a Hibbo Fk from 30yds out

That would be as much of a gringe moment as watching blue bill trying for investment on the dragons den.

After doing a little jig to the z cars and a montage of evertons glory years bill would come in with his pitch "ladies and gentleman, I stand before you as the greatest evertonian in the world, today I am going to give you the opportunity to buy in to my greatest possession. What I am asking for is £150m to pay off debts, sort the stadium out, give my old mate Davie - (who I employed, and I speak to every day about our zero transfer budget) some money to buy riquelme. Oh and if enough is left a statue of me so I can be stood next to Dixie."

Peter jones "what percentage ownership of the club would you give me for that?"

Bill "well you will get you own parking space, a seat almost as good as mine in the main stand, a signed Tony Thomas shirt and...."

Peter jones " you have operating costs of £24m, representing a massive chunk of your outgoings, what are these being spent on?"

Bill "I'm the chairman, how am I supposed to know"

Peter jones "I'm out"

Agree with Patto.

Haf....seriously? However which way you tell it, we know your view point, so stop with the silly analogies in every single thread. Clogging this place up mate. We understand your views and position on the situation, but we don't need it re-repeated all the friggin time man.

Goin through some of the articles, i reckon you would make a good sports journo, you have the ability to take one event/view and have a million 'spins' on the same story.

Secondly, i figure you watch a lot of TV based on your knowledge of the Apprentice and Dragons Den; so when you feel the urge to write another analogy, try to bed some actual humor into it by using shows like DangerMouse, Trapdoor or ThunderCats, so that at the same time, you actually brighten this place up instead of dragging us into a state slit-wrist depression?

Then we can all enjoy the season with a little smile :)

further on the Karen Brady piecew, interesting to see how chummy she is with him, taken from her blog in the scum:

Tuesday, December 28

EVERTON'S delightful chairman Bill Kenwright is at Upton Park for today's match.

He's a particular chum of mine who I first met properly a fair few years ago at a dinner party with Gordon Brown.

Today we sat giggling as we tried to guess the identity of a mysterious Colombian Bill was showing around.

He might be an investor, we thought. Perhaps, an agent or even, heaven forbid, a drug lord.

So I asked. "As a matter of fact," said Bill, "he's my office cleaner. And don't ask who the blonde lady arriving in a minute will be, she's my daughter."

Kenwright Brady and Brown at a dinner party... was that pre banking collapse?

Agree with Patto.

Haf....seriously? However which way you tell it, we know your view point, so stop with the silly analogies in every single thread. Clogging this place up mate. We understand your views and position on the situation, but we don't need it re-repeated all the friggin time man.

Goin through some of the articles, i reckon you would make a good sports journo, you have the ability to take one event/view and have a million 'spins' on the same story.

Secondly, i figure you watch a lot of TV based on your knowledge of the Apprentice and Dragons Den; so when you feel the urge to write another analogy, try to bed some actual humor into it by using shows like DangerMouse, Trapdoor or ThunderCats, so that at the same time, you actually brighten this place up instead of dragging us into a state slit-wrist depression?

Then we can all enjoy the season with a little smile smile.png

Shall I try and replicate your style J? Would that make it better for you, or maybe should I just continue to make opinions in the manner that I am used to, in the same way Marco does, Mike does etc etc?

The dragons den wasnt an anology? It was a scenario played out in my mind with spitting image puppets...... there you go a little humour and another tv show to boot!

You can try haf-man, however i don't think i have writing style, so your approach to replicate my style will be highly anticipated smile.png

if you had included that spitting image was playing through your mind at the time, i may have found your post more entertaining biggrin.png

Spitting image Bill would have to the ability to turn on Gazza style squirty tears and smack his chest every time he heard Z cars or a Kevin and Perry boner at the very mention of the name Dave Hickson... he would have a texas instruments calculator which he frantically presses buttons on everytime he is asked a tough question which has no mathematical relevance.

ah can we rally to bring it back, lets get the blue union boys behind this one!

Edited by Hafnia