IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Son is an Arsenal fan.... I fking know.... so saw him several times last season.

Looked a very good player whenever he had a chance and knows where the goals are. Couldn't understand why he did t play more for them.

My son was always baffled by it to.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to think he's going nowhere...at least not this season.

If he's wanting to sit and run his contract down then I wonder if he'll actually get the abuse he deserves. If that is the situation I wouldn't even let him play for the U23s, he can have a season of doing absolutely fuck all.

Difference in class. Lukaku stated from the off he wants champions league, and put in enough to justify his move. Whereas Barkley like Stones has been a girl pants, kept quiet whilst he tries to force a move that his performances don't deserve. His return of 5 goals playing a free role is pitiful and the main factor in us not making the champions league. Give me honesty over a shit house all day.

If he's wanting to sit and run his contract down then I wonder if he'll actually get the abuse he deserves. If that is the situation I wouldn't even let him play for the U23s, he can have a season of doing absolutely fuck all.

Like the last two years. Edited by pete0

He can still be a useful player for us. But maybe both he and our fans need to readjust our expectations.

We have to accept that he maybe isn't going to be as good as we want him to be. And he needs to knuckle down and show that he can develop further.

He's not quite 'deadwood'. But like any player, if he doesn't want to be here...feel free to leave asap. If anyone wants you. If they don't, or at least if a club that doesn't want you from the level you expect, then have a reality check.

Just seems a bit strange that nothing has been said and he's still been quite active in our promo material.

Did I just read that?

Rather have a twat like Lukaku because he is honest and admits freely that he would live to play for anyone other than us.... than a player like Ross who hasn't lived up to expectations due to not being good enough and has kept his mouth shut?

What happened to us? When did we become so delusional? So sad.

No room for him now that Klaasen, Siggurdson, and Rooney are here.

He's on his way out, otherwise he would have signed by now.

Think your right there. Can't see where the peices all go together. Sigurdson is a replacement for Barkley.

I'm indifferent to him to be honest. Don't see him as an upgrade, but hope to be proved wrong.

Did I just read that?

Rather have a twat like Lukaku because he is honest and admits freely that he would live to play for anyone other than us.... than a player like Ross who hasn't lived up to expectations due to not being good enough and has kept his mouth shut?

What happened to us? When did we become so delusional? So sad.

Ross cant win tho, if he talks then he pisses of fans, if he keeps quiet then he gets slated.

I admit I rate Ross, and he had a terrible end to 2016, but was one of the most creative players in the second half of the season.

The truth is we don't know whats going on.

No room for him now that Klaasen, Siggurdson, and Rooney are here.

He's on his way out, otherwise he would have signed by now.

We need a big squad, but I agree that with those three his place is under threat. Although Rooney is a short term signing.

Bill's right he has lost his place at this club, through his own choices.

Personally I don't think we will miss him with what we have brought in, it's just sad to see it ending this way, no one has come in for him because the 50M price tag we put on him has put them off, we need to be realistic with the valuation so we at least get a decent return for him.

I think he's burnt his bridges with Koeman, and he and his team know that, and are quite happy to let the clock tick and walk away on a free. So unless Koeman leaves in the near future I think he's played his last game for us.

I don't see Klassen or Gylfi threatening Ross's place. They both play in the middle three, Koeman has mostly played Ross in the front three. Sandro and Rooney are the threat to Ross.

There may still be issues over his contract, but he turned up for training unlike Rom.

I really don't see him being the kind of lad to be running down his contract to leave for free.

I don't see Klassen or Gylfi threatening Ross's place. They both play in the middle three, Koeman has mostly played Ross in the front three. Sandro and Rooney are the threat to Ross.

There may still be issues over his contract, but he turned up for training unlike Rom.

I really don't see him being the kind of lad to be running down his contract to leave for free.

This for me too. It's all gone a bit strange but Rooney might help him turn the tide.

Even if he signs a new contract now he'll be on the bench, you don't upset Koeman and get away with it. Only way Barkley stands a chance is if he gets on his knees and apologizes profusely, even then I don't think he'll play ahead of any of those three.

Even if he signs a new contract now he'll be on the bench, you don't upset Koeman and get away with it. Only way Barkley stands a chance is if he gets on his knees and apologizes profusely, even then I don't think he'll play ahead of any of those three.

Koeman is pragmatic, if Barkley signs and plays well when he is in he will keep his place. With the extra fixtures of Europa all the squad will get a chance.

Was this the same Koeman who had Barkley in his starting XI nine times out of ten last season?

We aren't half a fickle lot. If Mirallas had played as consistently well as Barkley did second half of last season, you'd all be queuing up to suck him off. What has he got to apologise for? Is he not allowed to negotiate on the terms of a new contract?

Maybe some of the supposed upset comes from his chosen path in his private life? Remember he got sparked while in a shitty dingy club/bar for hitting on someone's woman...and seems to have a rep in Liverpool for doing this and being a cock.

It's not always about what's on the pitch, but sometimes what goes on off it.

Maybe some of the supposed upset comes from his chosen path in his private life? Remember he got sparked while in a shitty dingy club/bar for hitting on someone's woman...and seems to have a rep in Liverpool for doing this and being a cock.

It's not always about what's on the pitch, but sometimes what goes on off it.

This is bothersome to me. As someone who avoids the British tabloid rumors, it always seemed like Barkley was ahead of the crowd in terms of maturity and lifestyle. Is this really his reputation over there?

Was this the same Koeman who had Barkley in his starting XI nine times out of ten last season?

We aren't half a fickle lot. If Mirallas had played as consistently well as Barkley did second half of last season, you'd all be queuing up to suck him off. What has he got to apologise for? Is he not allowed to negotiate on the terms of a new contract?

Nogs, he was told to sign the contract before the season ended or be sold, I don't think for one minute Koeman is going to say, oh I'm sorry Ross I was only kidding.

He's away as soon as somebody offers £25m.