IGNORED

Jay Bothroyd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not saying i want bothroyed but as a free he will surely add to the squad....the last time i saw him against us i was impressed...yes it was about 3 yrs ago and maybe he will take this as his last chance in the prem... im sure hes better than vic...sorry vic.

Just about everybody on this Forum is better than Vic! :lol:

But i do agree with you that it cant hurt seeing as he is free and his wages shouldn't be to high, i just hope if we do get him then Moyes doesn't see him as the solution to our Striker problem.

i know imagine we pulled this off and then got SWP to supply him the good time will be returning :-)..

Please tell me this is sarcasm at its best! Marco mate im with you, hes a bench warming Carling cup player at best! That said i hope im wrong.

You've got them lot over the park, nearly went into admin sulking at missing out on wickham, cliche and young- at least they have money. We are scraping the bottom of the barrel yet again. Under our current ownership we are going nowhere. The golden era of artera, Cahill etc is drawing to a close, we haven't supplemented them to realise our potential. Tough times ahead.

yeah in his prime and what's he done? fuck..all

Reserving judgment on Bothroyd personally...this time last year everyone though Beckford would be a waste of space and he did OK.

I'll probably leave this one to Davey to sort out :mellow: .

(That said I obviously wish we were aiming higher, but it is what it is)

This does not excite me at all but if and that's a big if (as you can see!) Moyes does want him then I can kind of see why...

It'll be for against the teams we couldn't break down last season especially at home... wolves, west ham, wigan, newcastle, bolton, reading etc. teams we should have beaten but they just absorbed our pressure. There comes a time where all else has failed, maybe 75min +, where you've just got to pump the ball forward at a big man and hope to win the knock downs. Bothroyd would be better than what we have for this scenario.

So where I'm not showing any excitement over this potential signing (which I believe is just paper talk anyway) I can see why Moyes would want him if we actually do!

But you think he'd see Bothroyd as a amtch winner? I hope that wouldn't be the case :unsure:.

DM sees Anichebe as a match winner so i wouldnt be surprised if he say this lad as one. Im with the idea of throwing Velios or Gueye on that is if they dont get a good few starts!