• Leon Osman
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Victor Anichebe
    • Jermaine Beckford
    • Tim Cahill
    • Seamus Coleman

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 191

Osman 164

Baines 160

Coleman 136

Distin 128

Howard 102

Pienaar 85

Cahill 83

Arteta 82

Saha 55

Jagielka 49

Yakubu 47

Beckford 19

Rodwell 16

Bilyaletdinov 12

Hibbert 11

Neville 9

Gueye 6

Heitinga 6

Baxter 2

Anichebe 1

Vellios 1

Forshaw 1

MOTM winners....

Wigan (A)...Tim Howard

Manchester United (A)...Phil Jagielka

Blackburn (H)...Leon Osman

Wolves (A)...Leon Osman

Aston Villa (H)...Leon Osman

Fulham (H)...Leon Osman

Birmingham (H)...Leon Osman

Newcastle (A)...Mikel Arteta

Reading (H)...Rodwell/Osman Tie

Sunderland (H)...Leon Osman

Chelsea (A)...Tim Howard

Bolton (A)...Mikel Arteta

Blackpool (H)...Louis Saha

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Chelsea (H)...Marouane Fellaini

West Ham (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Liverpool (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Scunthorpe United (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

Stoke City (A)...Sylvain Distin

West Ham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Man City (A)...Tim Howard

Wigan (H)...Seamus Coleman

Chelsea (A)...Leighton Baines

West Brom (H)...Tim Cahill

Sunderland (A)...Steven Pienaar

Arsenal (H)...Seamus Coleman

Bolton (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackpool (A)...Seamus Coleman

Stoke City (H)...Ayegbeni Yakubu

Spurs (A)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (H)...Tim Cahill

Birmingham (A)...Leon Osman

Fulham (A)...Steven Pienaar

Brentford (A)...Seamus Coleman

Newcastle (H)...Sylvain Distin

Manchester United (H)...Tim Howard

Aston Villa (A)...Leighton Baines

Huddersfield (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Wolves (H)...Sylvain Distin

Blackburn (A)...Leighton Baines

After great deliberation I have gone for Osman, again. Although Anichebe had one of them games which makes you think why doesn't he do that all the time, worked hard in a poor team first half and the second half he put himself about and made some great runs. The defence, in the main, played well but again the usual sloppy lapses, whilst Howard's one on one save against Toure kept us in it. Osman though was superb, here, there and everywhere and a stunning headed goal, the run to get in front of Kompany and making it his was brilliant. A faint word of praise too for Tim Cahill, whose attitude and effort, I think, actually galvanised the team at a crucial stage and gave us the platform to win the game.

After great deliberation I have gone for Osman, again. Although Anichebe had one of them games which makes you think why doesn't he do that all the time, worked hard in a poor team first half and the second half he put himself about and made some great runs. The defence, in the main, played well but again the usual sloppy lapses, whilst Howard's one on one save against Toure kept us in it. Osman though was superb, here, there and everywhere and a stunning headed goal, the run to get in front of Kompany and making it his was brilliant. A faint word of praise too for Tim Cahill, whose attitude and effort, I think, actually galvanised the team at a crucial stage and gave us the platform to win the game.

Cant beleive your the only one who has mentioned him

The City back 4 will never have had an easier 45 minutes in their collective lives but as soon as Cahill came on he was in their faces and suddenly giving them something to think about. Cahill turned the game and his work ethic and passion seemed to rub off on the rest of our side and he not only lifted his team mates he lifted the crowd in what turned out to be a great second half performance

Vic fully deserved his standing ovation for the amount of effort he put in but for all that he still didnt manage to get a shot in all game so I have gone for Cahill

Tough decision, happily not one that is tough because they were all crap. I thought there were some great performances. In the end I gave it to Ossie, he ran his little feet off and it was a glorious header in the tradition of going in where it hurts.

The City back 4 will never have had an easier 45 minutes in their collective lives but as soon as Cahill came on he was in their faces and suddenly giving them something to think about. Cahill turned the game and his work ethic and passion seemed to rub off on the rest of our side and he not only lifted his team mates he lifted the crowd in what turned out to be a great second half performance

Vic fully deserved his standing ovation for the amount of effort he put in but for all that he still didnt manage to get a shot in all game so I have gone for Cahill

Looking at highlights Cahill does make cities defence quake, probably due to his recor, and the fact he mixes it. You know what you will get with Tim, without his hunger, mind and aerial ability you would be looking at a seriously limited player, but we ain't. The day that Tim can't get in players faces is a sad day as that will be the end. Mention for Neville too, played very well. Looking at twitter, the manc in him does not want them in champs league I guess.

Spot on, you and the Beard. 1 more mention - Moyes. Did what needed to be done at half time and brought on attacking players.

Garth Crooks' team of the week (he's normally on acid but got at least one thing right this week) contained Distin & Ossie in a team with six ManU players...

"What a goal, what a winner! Reminiscent of Joe Royle and Duncan Ferguson, who were sitting in the stands and watching the midfielder play a pivotal role in Everton's victory. Osman is starting to look like the player Everton have needed to run things."

When's the next England squad? Must be knocking on the door :) .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9479713.stm

Gone for Osman purely because that header will live long in my memory... The build up to the goal and the finish itself epitomised everything that is great about Everton.

A few people could get mentions here but I thought Heitinga was brilliant in that little period where we got both the goals. He won every tackle, some of which he had no right to... Also Moyes showed us he does have some tactical nous by making some very important decisions to get us back in the game.

Jags for me. Was Vic's best game for a long time, but to say he outperformed the rest of the team is stretching it a bit far! Ossie has been the difference in recent weeks too, but thought Jags coped well with an aggressive side and covered Distin's shaky moments well.

Gave my vote to Vic.. i have never seen him work that hard. Osman has been on fire recently and was solid again but like i said Vic was a different type of animal.

I thought honourable mentions should go to.. Becks, Cahill Heitinga.. and Arteta looked better playing centrally when he roamed a little.